What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Do you think not scoring against 12 men after 4 penalties on the test was a bigger issue?

In my original post way back after the game ended I said our attack wasn’t good enough

The roosters fans trying to justify a shocking bit of refereeing is what I’m arguing in here

ouwet

Bench
f**k me you are all a bunch of sooks. The raiders had every call possible in the first 20 of the 2nd half including a dubious sin bin and couldn't score

But yeah it was that non 6 again that cost them.

The raiders attack just wasn't good enough. They could have played all night and still not scored again.

Mate listen to the press conference the Raiders were all class.

But let's look at the facts... your trainer was stuffing around at the back got hit and you got rewarded and scored a try on the back off it (after a drop out set)... then u scored a try after the worst backflip ever (whether it was the right call is irrelevant, u cannot backflip a call).

Who got lucky?

Cooper was a sin binning it has been all year.

Valheru

Coach
In my original post way back after the game ended I said our attack wasn’t good enough

The roosters fans trying to justify a shocking bit of refereeing is what I’m arguing in here

Yeah fine. Wrong call but it was about the only thing that went our way in that half.

The raiders had every opportunity.

They played a top game but lacked a bit of class to finish.

They will be there abouts again next year.

ReddFelon

Juniors
Why would it need to be reviewed?

What about anything that happened tonight makes you believe the six again call that the Raiders and the entire audience saw clearly is the issue here lol

The six again was definitely an issue, because on review it was the wrong call. If the raiders had won off that, it would've been tainted as shit to get a win off a dud call. The only difference is that the majority would be saying "that happens in the game" because people hate Easts almost as much as they hate Manly.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Roosters fans have legit mental illnesses where they want people to like them. It’s very weird

Manly fans at their pomp wouldn’t be in here after a grand final crying about fans not respecting them. It’s quite a bizarre fanbase

Pete Cash

Post Whore
What annoys me is that we were lectured about playing to the whistle when the sharks scored after the touchie put his flag up and now we should have been able to read the refs mind

Danish

Referee
Because it had an impact on the play we made

Seriously are you a geniused person

So my team should be disadvantaged with an incorrect 6 again call? How is that more fair than the ref immediately correcting their call both verbally and visually by screaming "LAST LAST LAST" and holding his hand up signaling last?

Wighton should have quite easily been able to see Cummins signaling it was the last tackle:

https://pasteboard.co/IAI6xLM.png
IAI6xLM.png

e5cf529c-698f-43fd-bb33-b7ebb12f4bf8

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 4.48.11 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-06 at 4.48.11 AM.png
    950.5 KB · Views: 7

Valheru

Coach
Mate listen to the press conference the Raiders were all class.

But let's look at the facts... your trainer was stuffing around at the back got hit and you got rewarded and scored a try on the back off it (after a drop out set)... then u scored a try after the worst backflip ever (whether it was the right call is irrelevant, u cannot backflip a call).

Who got lucky?

Cooper was a sin binning it has been all year.

Who defended better in your opinion.

Who attacked better in your opinion?

Game_Breaker

Coach
So my team should be disadvantaged with an incorrect 6 again call? How is that more fair than the ref immediately correcting their call both verbally and visually by screaming "LAST LAST LAST" and holding his hand up signaling last?

Wighton should have quite easily been able to see Cummins signaling it was the last tackle:

https://pasteboard.co/IAI6xLM.png
IAI6xLM.png

e5cf529c-698f-43fd-bb33-b7ebb12f4bf8

Not sure it was an incorrect call

Looks like Teddy’s shoulder touches the ball

Danish

Referee
What annoys me is that we were lectured about playing to the whistle when the sharks scored after the touchie put his flag up and now we should have been able to read the refs mind

Or just, you know, LOOK at the ref who was signalling last tackle before Wighton got the ball

big hit!

Bench
It’s a definitively wrong call. People here are complaining about a CORRECT call being made to not give 6 again to the raiders.

it strikes me as odd that people honestly think that a team being handed another set they didn’t earn is preferable to having the correct ruling of a turnover made.

It’s not that the correct call was eventually made. It’s that a call was made which the players then acted upon.

And a trainer affected the course of the entire game in the first 3 mins