What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other Games, Teams & Players...

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes that howler from the ref definitely gave the game to the chooks. I have never seen that occur in a NRLmatch before tonight , it was nothing short of criminal.

The Raiders were the better team for most of the match and deserved a better fate - commiserations, but they will move on from this and as a result become a better team .

The Roosters - well I think that it’s time to take off the blinkers and realize that they did hold out in defense when it was needed and - due to the referees stupidity - took full advantage of what was given to them . You cannot blame them for the error from the match official . That’s what good teams do - take full advantage of whatever comes their way .

Very pleased to see Jack Wighton win the Churchill medal , next year it could be a Premiership ring .

Last edited:

rasaint

Juniors
Look I wanted Raiders to get a win to spread the premierships around a bit.

Raiders had their chances. 10 minutes with a Rooster’s play maker big advantage after a pretty soft ‘professional foul’.That occurred seconds after the Raiders back rower threw the ball back between his legs to milk a late call penalty. Then Joey L held on a faction too long in the last Raiders set 13 on 12 and flicked it forward.

Roosters got a very lucky unusual call reversal their way ( 6 again to Raiders reversed to last tackle). Unlike the Raiders, Roosters took their chance and Mitchell’s sublime flick to Tupou stuck. That’s football.

Generally, Raiders looked more dangerous and seemed a matter of time to beat Roosters. Credit where due Roosters hung on.

I am hardly ever into ref bashing but that was criminal. Yes Roosters were brave and took their chances but I think even a field goal at that point if Raiders played out the set would have been enough.

Just look the circumstances around BOTH the Rorters tries. Incredible.

Straight Shooter

utility dragon

Juniors
I am hardly ever into ref bashing but that was criminal. Yes Roosters were brave and took their chances but I think even a field goal at that point if Raiders played out the set would have been enough.

Straight Shooter
Totally agree both were off big calls in their favour and when you already have the best players it’s a bit much to take. At least Whiton got his dues. He was absolutely brilliant and I feel for the raiders fans, this could of been their only chance for a while, Unlike the Roosters and Storm who will be back there again next year because the salary cap works so fairly.

Dragon David

First Grade
Totally agree both were off big calls in their favour and when you already have the best players it’s a bit much to take. At least Whiton got his dues. He was absolutely brilliant and I feel for the raiders fans, this could of been their only chance for a while, Unlike the Roosters and Storm who will be back there again next year because the salary cap works so fairly.
I've got a strong feeling that the Roosters will be aiming for three in a row which, if they can achieve this, will be hard to topple in this modern day of rugby league and of course with the salary cap and TPA's in their favour who can doubt this, the rotters!

BLM01

First Grade

Straight Shooter
Regardless of refs calls and they went both ways..Roosters got dudded a few times as well....and i was cheering on the Raiders..but
In a game like that and being on the line I look across the Raiders side and think who is going to make that clutch play at the right time to win it and I could not find anyone.
I thought Hodgson might be the one but he was disappointing in attack last night
I dont know what that George Williams will be like but maybe he has it to take them to a title. They have a great side and work together well but...they need an arrogant Munster, Cronk, Keary type player to take a punt and pull it off to ice it.
Wighton is most likely as whole hearted but is good for making wrong decisions at the wrong times as a play maker..that 6 again he still should of let the pass go wide as Roosters were short out there
He was good in the 1st half and he won the medal based on that.
Morris was the best player in the 2nd half with his try savers and I thought he was close to MOM with his yardage from the back

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I just seen that last night beat the record set by St George for the most amount of finals played in the history of the comp, one which we can never beat as now our records go to St George Illawarra and not St George which is sickening.

Gareth67

First Grade
That what records are all about - to be broken . We had our day/years and regardless of what occurs in this the modern era of rugby league , no one can ever take that away . :innocent:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
That what records are all about - to be broken . We had our day/years and regardless of what occurs in this the modern era of rugby league , no one can ever take that away . :innocent:
Except the NRL listing the Dragons premierships as 1..So the club we all support is apparently a brand new club.

jeffdragon

Bench
Just watched the end of the annual koori knockout comp .
The trainer walked passed a player being interviewed from the losing team
And he said fen refs.
Then the player said refs made bad calls.
Refs at all levels are bad.

hewi

Bench
At last nights level with the bunker the try decision should have been no try as the ref changed his ruling of 6 to go to changeover which the rules say you can’t do. The NRL is trying to justify it and they can’t, that’s a fact. The refs decided the premiership.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I just seen that last night beat the record set by St George for the most amount of finals played in the history of the comp
Do you mean Finals or Grand Finals?

The top eight didn't exist before 1995. The opportunity to play in so many Finals matches is a relatively new thing.
Except the NRL listing the Dragons premierships as 1..So the club we all support is apparently a brand new club.
The NRL only started in 1998. Who cares what they think about our history?

We have 16 premierships.

hewi

Bench
At last nights level with the bunker the try decision should have been no try as the ref changed his ruling of 6 to go to changeover which the rules say you can’t do. The NRL is trying to justify it and they can’t, that’s a fact. The refs decided the premiership.

110% correct.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I didn't think it could get any worst both on and off the field.

The on field decisions are made up as in the grand final or not dealt with effectively of the field.

How many trips, eye gouges and bloody hair pulling has there been without send off's. One the other end of the scale, you see players sent to the bin for slapping each other.

At least, the judiciary has been all over the shop and thank goodness finally, Beatie has told us we are all off our chops and backed Cummins and adding his sympathy to the CBR supporters.

I also had to laugh at Johns comment about Cronk's sin bin. His head would have exploded if it was against NTL.

Latest posts