What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Game_Breaker

Coach
LOL at Robinson in the press conference.

Reporter: What about the six again?

Robinson: What about Cronk's sin bin?

Yeah, a sin bin for a prop being tackled without the ball two meters out by the halfback and only defender in front of him was unfair....

What’s he smoking?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Please compare the roosters fans reaction to these lucky breaks with the way the raiders fans dealt with the couple of good breaks we got against the storm. The roosters fans are desperate to be respected and admired its very weird

We copped that we got some lucky breaks and made a couple of jokes about it

Valheru

Coach
f**k the salt in here is delicious. One dodgy call after 20 minutes of decisions in the raiders favour including a sin bin resulting in 0 points.

They then could have actually defended the try but weren't good enough.

Waaaa the refs waaaa

Danish

Referee
Raiders got the moral victory, that’s what’s important Pete.

the Pat Rafters of rugby league

Pete Cash

Post Whore
f**k the salt in here is delicious. One dodgy call after 20 minutes of decisions in the raiders favour including a sin bin resulting in 0 points.

They then could have actually defended the try but weren't good enough.

Waaaa the refs waaaa

Do you think the sin bin was a bad call ? It was like a m away from being a penalty try. I dont see how it couldnt he ruled as a professional foul ?

Willing to hear arguments on that one

Joeboy

Juniors
except they do all the time.

The change decisions on knock ons, line dropouts, and penalties constantly.

it’s quite embarrassing that you of all people are arguing that an incorrect call should have stood.

They are changes at stoppages not live ball decisions, I’ve never ever seen an example such as the one that happened tonight. I can’t fathom how you can’t grasp the concept of how these are different and that this one is controversial for a whole different reason than the examples you mention.

Silent Knight

First Grade
we are just revelling in you raiders fans melting down. It’s hilarious

So you’d rather revel in the pain of another fan base watching their team lose a grand final in extremely dubious circumstances than go out and celebrate your own team’s victory. If you weren’t so thin skinned you wouldn’t care.

You just can’t accept that not many people care about the Roosters.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Raiders got the moral victory, that’s what’s important Pete.

the Pat Rafters of rugby league

No the real win is what matters but i guarantee you if the roles were reversed id not be in here crying about it. Your fanbase does have a weird desire for respect. I in general like your fanbase too but all the weird insecurities are coming out

Danish

Referee
So you’d rather revel in the pain of another fan base watching their team lose a grand final in extremely dubious circumstances than go out and celebrate your own team’s victory. If you weren’t so thin skinned you wouldn’t care.

You just can’t accept that not many people care about the Roosters.

A fan base carrying on like pork chops about a CORRECT decision being made. A fan base who happily took 2 definitively wrong calls in their favour in week 1. A fan base who are just losing their f**king minds crying foul over, once again, a CORRECT decision not to award them 6 more tackles as though it cost them the grand final, despite having plenty of calls in their favour on the night as well.

I'm more than happy to revel in the tears of people calling my club cheats. They can get f**ked

Valheru

Coach
Do you think the sin bin was a bad call ? It was like a m away from being a penalty try. I dont see how it couldnt he ruled as a professional foul ?

Happy to be stood corrected when I see a replay but at the ground looked like he hit him a split 2nd before the ball gptvto him. I don't see how he would have held it either way.

If there is something I have completely missed so be it.

Either way you guys had every chance to score and still didn't which is what ultimately cost them the game.

reanimate

Bench

If Jake T’s was a professional foul, Cronk’s was 100% a professional foul.

blaza88z

Coach
No the real win is what matters but i guarantee you if the roles were reversed id not be in here crying about it. Your fanbase does have a weird desire for respect. I in general like your fanbase too but all the weird insecurities are coming out

Of course they do and they're the same insecurities any other juggernaut club in the league has with all sorts of resources at their disposal, mine included.

skeepe

Immortal
The rules absolutely do not say that.

Except they do.

Section 16 rule 9.

The Referee judges on matters of fact and shall not subsequently alter those judgments. He may cancel any decision made if prior foul play of which he had no knowledge is reported to him by a Touch Judge

Also kudos to the NRL for codifying that they assume all referees are men in 2019. That’s a brave move.

Reactions: Vee

Latest posts