What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRL Grand Final - Raiders v Roosters 6/10/19

strider

Post Whore
I think Annesley is a bit crap, but he made a good point that, the actual ruling was correct and if Canberra had of gone on to score then it would have been a howler the other way

hindy111

Post Whore
Actually watching the ref call straight after the 6 again call, quite clearly he recalled and said last one, said it several times!!

Yes we heard cause he has microphone to broadcast. On field with players screaming and crowd I doubt Wighton hears and had already seen ref waving 6 again.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Annesley is a bit crap, but he made a good point that, the actual ruling was correct and if Canberra had of gone on to score then it would have been a howler the other way

Sure. At same time Wighton may of pass to Seizer to snaps a field goal or puts a bomb up and Raiders score. Or kicks and finds in goals and a line drop out. Instead they surrender possesion softly thinking they had 5 more tackles.
This is the issue.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Yep!! And that’s the whole point, sadly everyone is so willing to blame the ref for everything, I hate it!! Yes ref made a poor call at first which disadvantaged the raiders, however f**k it never cost them the game!!

The raiders had plenty of ball to win the game but one call and it cost them the game, what a load of bulllshit. Gee they gave the ball back to the roosters about 5 out, it doesn’t get much better then that!

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Sure. At same time Wighton may of pass to Seizer to snaps a field goal or puts a bomb up and Raiders score. Or kicks and finds in goals and a line drop out. Instead they surrender possesion softly thinking they had 5 more tackles.
This is the issue.

Poor call, but there is probably over 1000 decisions in every game, by each side and the ref. To blame one call for the loss is a joke. What about JL poor pass, what about the miss tackle for the try. Plenty of decisions cost raiders the game. The poor defence for the first try? Etc etc etc

Raiders had plenty of ball to win that game.

As Sterlo said that you take the good / bad and find a way to win.

Noise

Coach
Yep!! And that’s the whole point, sadly everyone is so willing to blame the ref for everything, I hate it!! Yes ref made a poor call at first which disadvantaged the raiders, however f**k it never cost them the game!!

The raiders had plenty of ball to win the game but one call and it cost them the game, what a load of bulllshit. Gee they gave the ball back to the roosters about 5 out, it doesn’t get much better then that!
Yep, Raiders had all the field position trying to score for 50 min and couldn’t get it done, at one stage against 12 men. I’m not convinced they would have scored even if they got a repeat set.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep, Raiders had all the field position trying to score for 50 min and couldn’t get it done, at one stage against 12 men. I’m not convinced they would have scored even if they got a repeat set.

A field goal would of been enough. It was 8 all.

There is always a few bad calls in games.But rare when teams are level and 8mins to go. Far different is a bad call when a team is winning easily or there is 20 mins to turn it around.
Canberra may not of scored of that last play. They may not of had a repeat set. But there is a chance they would of. That was taken away.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

There is always a few bad calls in games.But rare when teams are level and 8mins to go. Far different is a bad call when a team is winning easily or there is 20 mins to turn it around.
Canberra may not of scored of that last play. They may not of had a repeat set. But there is a chance they would of. That was taken away.

So you saying if the ref didn’t call 6 again, the raiders may have gone for a field goal?

They had several sets on their try line and not once did they set up for one, so I doubt they go for it of a rebound to forward who passes to wighton about 20 from the sideline ...

hindy111

Post Whore
So you saying if the ref didn’t call 6 again, the raiders may have gone for a field goal?

They had several sets on their try line and not once did they set up for one, so I doubt they go for it of a rebound to forward who passes to wighton about 20 from the sideline ...

Who knows what happens.
They certainly don't surrender in the tackle. Prob a bomb goes up. I can't tell result. These are just possibilities.
Surrendering wasn't a possibility. It wouldn't of happend.

T.S Quint

Coach
Good game. Shame all everyone can talk about are the refereeing decisions.

Sin bin was harsh. Penalty should have been sufficient.
There were some penalties throughout the game that went the wrong way.
The ‘6-again’ call was a major f**k up. It was the correct call in the end, but you can’t change your decision mid tackle like that. If you get the decision wrong to begin with, live with it. What they did was make a bad decision into a much worse one.

Raiders still would have lost though, I reckon. Roosters’ defence was fantastic.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Who knows what happens.
They certainly don't surrender in the tackle. Prob a bomb goes up. I can't tell result. These are just possibilities.
Surrendering wasn't a possibility. It wouldn't of happend.

Of course but if you blame that for costing them the game, you also blame the poor middle defence for the first try and weak edge defence for the second try...,oh and JL for not passing too, there is one refs call but several raiders decisions which cost them the game..,just not good enough!!

If anything, they were f**ken stupid for not setting up for a field goal while cooper was in the bin...I reckon that cost them the game more then the refs decision...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
JL, lazy as f**k cost the raiders, 2 massive errors at centre (missed opportunity and poor defence here):

18to87

First Grade
Of course but if you blame that for costing them the game, you also blame the poor middle defence for the first try and weak edge defence for the second try...,oh and JL for not passing too, there is one refs call but several raiders decisions which cost them the game..,just not good enough!!

If anything, they were f**ken stupid for not setting up for a field goal while cooper was in the bin...I reckon that cost them the game more then the refs decision...
Let's not forget that if the Roosters trainer wasn't on the field then the Raiders could have easily been the ones up 6-0.

Noise

Coach

Melbourne got a bad call against the Raiders with the ‘out’ call. People seemed to enjoy that. Raiders blew the game, they had plenty of opportunity to score points.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At one stage in the second half the Raiders had had 70% of the ball against a 12 man team and still only managed to score 2 points. The call was a tough one but they should of did more with all that ball. Then after that call on the second tackle they had no one at market and got burned. The Roosters scramble was amazing and the reason why they went back to back.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The netball grand final presentation the other week was better organised than this
The whole day was a shambles, the finals at my local indoor centre was is better organised than yesterday was. The highlight was the stage catching fire when those Banana republic merkins were on and no one noticed till after their super scintillating set.

Gronk

Staff member
Does it say something about the entitled Rorters fans , booing the Clive Churchill winner, really are a bunch of flogs.
It was bad sportsmanship, but I wonder how Eels fans would reacted if the shoe was on the other foot ? I know .... :grimacing:

Latest posts