What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MilkShark

First Grade
I have no problem with Cronk being sin binned. It may have been "touch and go" but on that score they've been consistent. Penalty try? Was enough doubt to say no in my opinion (and I was at the ground and had a very clear view of it) as there were still tacklers Papalli would have had to beat.

The trainer call in the first half? It was the correct ruling.

As to the 6 again call, I could not see it clearly at the ground and I just missed the replay of it on Fox Sports. That said Greg Alexander said in the Fox Sports call he thought the ball came off a raiders shoulder and not Tedesco.

Where the game was won/lost? Canberra's inability to score any points beyond the penalty goal when Cronk was in the sin bin. I thought their attack in the last 25-30 minutes became predictable andd they didn't create much.
It’s not about who the ball came off, it’s about changing a call while the ball is still in play and expecting the team to react to it.

Maximus

Coach
The refs can and do change their minds every week.

You keep telling yourself that was the decision that cost the raiders. Fact is they couldn't score despite all the possession against 12 men in thec2nd half.

That wasn't the refs fault, that was inept attack.

Please provide proof of them changing their minds mid-play every week. It has never happened before.

Changing between plays is completely different and allowed by the rules.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I have no problem with Cronk being sin binned. It may have been "touch and go" but on that score they've been consistent. Penalty try? Was enough doubt to say no in my opinion (and I was at the ground and had a very clear view of it) as there were still tacklers Papalli would have had to beat.

The trainer call in the first half? It was the correct ruling.

As to the 6 again call, I could not see it clearly at the ground and I just missed the replay of it on Fox Sports. That said Greg Alexander said in the Fox Sports call he thought the ball came off a raiders shoulder and not Tedesco.

Where the game was won/lost? Canberra's inability to score any points beyond the penalty goal when Cronk was in the sin bin. I thought their attack in the last 25-30 minutes became predictable andd they didn't create much.

Our attack hasnt been great all year tbh. We got to the gf on defense. We just dont get the bodies in motion the sides like the roosters do so its pretty easy to defend

We have signed a new halfback to try and address this but some of its on the coaching.

MilkShark

First Grade
Roosters fans, yes refs change call from loose carries to strips etc. but the ball is not in play when those calls are made.

This call is while the ball is in play, it’s completely different.

Stop saying that refs change their decisions all the time and then give an example of an entirely different situation.

Roosters fans should be f**king embarrassed to win like that.

There’s no glory in what happened tonight.

Nope. We defended well and your attack was predictable. We were down to 12 men and you couldn’t take your opportunities. We have a lot to be proud of. Can’t wait to buy the inevitable tacky premiership souvenirs

Quicksilver

Bench
Please provide proof of them changing their minds mid-play every week. It has never happened before.

Changing between plays is completely different and allowed by the rules.

It happens quite often. You can hear the referees disagreeing over the microphones.

The players can hear that too and one of the refs must have their ruling overturned.

skeepe

Immortal
Id be embarrassed to make a post like this.

Even Ricky accepted the outcome.

Your team can’t score tries. The Roosters can. That’s what cost you.

The Roosters didn’t score a single try tonight with Cummins there for the assist.

f**king embarrassing. Forever tainted.

2019 winner: Sydney Roosters***

*** Widely considered the greatest robbery in the history of the game.

Danish

Referee
Roosters fans, yes refs change call from loose carries to strips etc. but the ball is not in play when those calls are made.

This call is while the ball is in play, it’s completely different.

Stop saying that refs change their decisions all the time and then give an example of an entirely different situation.

So you've never seen a ref initially call play on, then change their minds and call play back for a knock on? You're having a laugh.

either refs can change their decisions or they can't. Should they ideally never get things wrong and not have to correct themselves? Abso-f**king-lutely. Is it still preferable for the right call to be made in a sloppy way than to just let an incorrect ruling stand? f**k yes it is.