What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP NRL

Chook Norris

First Grade
I really don't get this view that the refs won the roosters the game. Complete horse shit.

1. The trainer incident. Unfortunate for the Raiders but it's a silly rule. Blame the rule and the NRL allowing any side to have trainers on for seemingly the whole match. This thought that Whitehead was going to score is horsehit. The fastest player on the field Tedesco was basically next to him and there was no guarantee 60m out that the ball was even going to bounce favourably

2. The 6 to go call. Cummins initially made a mistake but they changed the call and signalled it 4 times; the referee recording shows this. Had the call not been made and the raiders score would people have been blowing up???

At the end of the day the raiders had a tonne of good field position and couldn't execute when it mattered against the Roosters defence. All these "what ifs" don't matter.

Last edited:

ReddFelon

Juniors
He tackled him without the ball in a try scoring opportunity
That’s why it’s a sin bin

If that was 1 metre out it would’ve been a penalty try

Oh believe me I know what constitutes a professional foul, but they didn't actually say why it was one. Debatable that it was a try scoring opportunity, given that they said due to position and the number of players they couldn't award the penalty try.

This is an example of the referees not being clear, I mean Sezer clotheslining Keary when he had a 3 on 2 was also a "try scoring opportunity" but it was only a penalty, despite being a deliberate act of foul play.

Game_Breaker

Coach
No you can’t however this one was the kind of line ball call that gets let go every game. Debatable whether it should have even been a penalty. Definitely not a sin bin.

Line ball?
He tackled him before he had the ball. Not line ball

Penalty and sin bin
Cronk knew if he waited for him to catch it, he would’ve scored

Game_Breaker

Coach
Oh believe me I know what constitutes a professional foul, but they didn't actually say why it was one. Debatable that it was a try scoring opportunity, given that they said due to position and the number of players they couldn't award the penalty try.

This is an example of the referees not being clear, I mean Sezer clotheslining Keary when he had a 3 on 2 was also a "try scoring opportunity" but it was only a penalty, despite being a deliberate act of foul play.

That wasn’t high and not a clear try scoring opportunity

Pete Cash

Post Whore
because it was line ball whether he was even tackled without the ball. Not the kind of blatant professional foul which should result in a sin bin

Nah he was clearly tackled without the ball and he just launched himself at Papalii because the raiders had done well to isolate him. He did the right thing to just take papalii on suspicion but its a sin bin every day of the week

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Line ball?
He tackled him before he had the ball. Not line ball

Penalty and sin bin
Cronk knew if he waited for him to catch it, he would’ve scored

no, those kind of line ball early tackles get let go every game. Find a previous one that has ever resulted in a sin bin. You won’t be able to. The refs have pulled one out of their asses on the biggest stage.

skeepe

Immortal
no, those kind of line ball early tackles get let go every game. Find a previous one that has ever resulted in a sin bin. You won’t be able to. The refs have pulled one out of their asses on the biggest stage.

f**k me dead Roosters fans are deranged tonight.

Game_Breaker

Coach

It’s not even line ball
You’re the one calling it line ball

LineBall

Juniors
I really don't get this view that the refs won the roosters the game. Complete horse shit.

1. The trainer incident. Unfortunate for the Raiders but it's a silly rule. Blame the rule and the NRL allowing any side to have trainers on for seemingly the whole match. This thought that Whitehead was going to score is horsehit. The fastest player on the field Tedesco was basically next to him and there was no guarantee 60m out that the ball was even going to bounce favourably

2. The 6 to go call. Cummins initially made a mistake but they changed the call and signalled it 4 times; the referee recording shows this. Had the call not been made and the raiders score would people have been blowing up???

1. Agree.

2. Disagree. Changing the call while the ball is still in play is wrong and sets a dangerous precedent.

Chook Norris

First Grade
I'm fine with the sin bin call but I don't think I'll ever be able to comprehend how some fans think that the Raiders would've won if Cummins didn't rule 6 to go. There are so many permutations and none of them clearly result in the Raiders scoring a try to win the match

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Its interesting because we score a ton of tries by getting papalii one on one with a smaller player, ask the west tigers about it.

They missed a trick by not tackling him on suspicion every time the ball went near him because apparently not a professional foul

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Raiders can whinge all they want but ultimately they had 54% of possession, the opposition lost a player early in the first half plus a sin bin in the second half and all Canberra could come up with was one try off a bomb. Not enough to beat the roosters and trying to blame the refs is just clutching at straws.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'm fine with the sin bin call but I don't think I'll ever be able to comprehend how some fans think that the Raiders would've won if Cummins didn't rule 6 to go. There are so many permutations and none of them clearly result in the Raiders scoring a try to win the match

Cant see into the future mate but we would have put on a better play if we had known it was the last tackle.

Latest posts