What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I dont think anyone could seriously think the trainer on purpose got in the way but the rules should be changed for it to be a penalty against the side the trainer is on or a hand over. The rules are in place for things outside of the teams control. Teams control a trainer chilling in the middle of the field. It was also ludicrous that a trainer was out there at the 2.45 mark

Cummins bottling it reminded me of Adam Voges getting bowled off a no ball that was later shown as a fair delivery. Cricket rules that when the umpire makes a call it can effect the game. So by the umpire calling a no ball it starts a chain reaction where voges is impacted by the call and thus it would be unfair to overturn the no ball decision and say that he is out.

What would ideally exist would be a null tackle rule where the refs are like we bottled it, we are pathetic losers who dont deserve a cent for our "efforts" and we came up with two different decisions confusing everyone. So that last Canberra tackle is null and this is now the 5th tackle. It would only be for situations like this where both on field refs call something different and it leads to confusion

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Thats the spirit lad. The Raiders will be wiser after this loss. Go through what you have to do and confront your feelings in how disappointed you feel. Feel angry,hurt, whatever. But take it on board that the Raiders will be battle hardened after this. Even better times after this from next season, the Raiders be even harder to play against.

Thats a big call mate. We have salary cap pressures like everyone else. There is no guarantee we are back.

We arent a club that gets a lot of cracks at this

GongPanther

Referee
If the ref gets that right from the start and wighton just gets tackled with the ball or kicks it dead and the roosters score off the next set id be very gracious and congratulatory on how well the roosters defended.

But as a fan of a side that has been mediocre for a long, long side we might not get another chance for 25 years. It just sucks to think what if on that last play.

Anyways congratulations roosters but raiders fans are gonna be living that f**k up forever
You'll be up there again.

gitano

Juniors
Fade little Faiders, fade away,
On the big stage, you should not play,
Blame the refs, all the way to Batemans Bay,
Now for another 25 years,
Stay away.

The Cosmos have gone,
The Cannons doth too,
The Comets but a memory,
Now thou should go too.

The Gypsy he told,
In match day threads of old,
Now thou shalt take heed,
On the big stage your pants you've peed.

The Gypsy knows best,
As now Walt or Skeepe should attest,
Now you must enjoy,
Another lol courtesy of Teddy Boy,
As we show you the door,
For a quart century, or more.

Fin.

Credit: Ms Gypsy (collab)

Surely

Post Whore
Until people start listening to me about the necessary radical rule changes the defenders are just going to get more and more dominant and therefore games are going to hang more on refereeing decisions.
Come listen to me, I have fish and bread to feed you all.

Is the bread gluten free ?

tenor.gif

Generalzod

Immortal
So Robertson didn’t want to answer Thurston question over the six tackle controversy , just imagine if had happened to his team...

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Wow Raiders fans really obsessing about one decision. So what happens if the refs called 5th tackle in the first place? Most likely Wighton kicks again and probably it’s a rushed kick under pressure and Roosters get it back anyway. Far too many what ifs involved to say that call cost them the game.

What if Canberra attacked better and scored more tries? That’s what really cost them the game.

Generalzod

Immortal
Annesley said that the refs made that the right call, well no they didn’t they called 6 again, and then they changed their decision..

Meapro Ham

Juniors
There is literally a rule that says changing a decision on the run is not allowed. It doesn't matter if they would have scored or not, they weren't given the chance

lol Canberra had a million chances to score in the second half and couldn’t do it. One more chance wouldn’t have made any difference.

Last edited:

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Yeah the Storm can f**k right off with that shit.
They scored 1 try in 79 minutes and we're supposed to believe they were just going to march through our line for a match winner if they have the ball there?
f**k off pal

This post about the Vunivalu in touch call really sums up the six again ruling.

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
lol Canberra had a million chances to score in the second half and couldn’t do it. One more chance wouldn’t have made any difference.

You don't know that though it was 8 all at the time. They could have got a repeat set and set up for a field goal which might have been enough given the defense of both teams, they could have thrown the ball around and scored a try. As a Raiders fan I can't say we definitalty would have score in that set. However, they definitely would played that play differently had it not been called 6 to go and there lies the problem, they were denied the chance to make a play that could have won them game.

MKCS

Juniors
There is nothing I can say about the six again call that hasn't been said. My thought is obviously the referees got it wrong by calling six again but the handover call was right because no Rooster touched it. I've only seen the one replay though so that could be incorrect.

One thing we can all agree on though is that the referees quite frankly aren't up to the standard of our great game anymore. There has been a few instances in the finals alone where a team has well and truly been dudded by poor refereeing and throughout the season there has been quite a few instances of a bad refereeing decision causing a team to lose. Canberra were dudded this time but three weeks ago it was Melbourne being dudded and Canberra walking away with the win off a bad call.

If I was a Raiders fan and that bad call went against me I'd be livid. The NRL needs to take these next few months after the international period and do their best to fix these refereeing mistakes. I watch a lot of sports and the NRL has the worst refereeing by a long shot.

Danish

Referee
You don't know that though it was 8 all at the time. They could have got a repeat set and set up for a field goal which might have been enough given the defense of both teams, they could have thrown the ball around and scored a try. As a Raiders fan I can't say we definitalty would have score in that set. However, they definitely would played that play differently had it not been called 6 to go and there lies the problem, they were denied the chance to make a play that could have won them game.

Of the 60% possession, 65% territory, and 20 odd plays inside our 20 that you had in the 2nd half last night, why is the 1 with a dodgy referee signal the sole one that stopped you from winning?

Why was the dodgy signal that denied you a single play more critical in deciding the outcome than, say, the missed knock on call against Whitehead diving on a loose ball on halfway in the 55th minute? That denied us a set of 6 in attacking position. If we are going to play the hypothetical game, if that knock on is called and we get a scrum, maybe we score while cronk is in the sin bin.

Let me guess though, that call is different for some reason.

Fact is Raiders had more than enough possession, territory, and opportunity to win the game. IF they were good enough. They were not.

Latest posts