What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRL Grand Final - Raiders v Roosters 6/10/19

Gronk

Staff member
Yep!! And that’s the whole point, sadly everyone is so willing to blame the ref for everything, I hate it!! Yes ref made a poor call at first which disadvantaged the raiders, however f**k it never cost them the game!!

The raiders had plenty of ball to win the game but one call and it cost them the game, what a load of bulllshit. Gee they gave the ball back to the roosters about 5 out, it doesn’t get much better then that!
Agree. RU might be our boring cousin, but I envy their refereeing. They don’t coach teams with “you’re off side Josh”, it’s “penalty gold”, “scrum, black feed”, “yellow card no.10 red”.

They do howlers too, but the code does not dwell on it too long like we do. Yes Michael Cheiker has a whinge, but the players are mostly decent about it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Agree. RU might be our boring cousin, but I envy their refereeing. They don’t coach teams with “you’re off side Josh”, it’s “penalty gold”, “scrum, black feed”, “yellow card no.10 red”.

They do howlers too, but the code does not dwell on it too long like we do. Yes Michael Cheiker has a whinge, but the players are mostly decent about it.
LOL!! Most people would argue the refereeing at the WC has been atrocious and is killing the game. Most Yawnion fans I know have been blowing up deluxe.

Gronk

Staff member
LOL!! Most people would argue the refereeing at the WC has been atrocious and is killing the game. Most Yawnion fans I know have been blowing up deluxe.
giphy.gif

The game is not generally fixated with ref decisions, the refs don’t coach players on the field and are not mates calling all the players by their first names.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
giphy.gif

The game is not generally fixated with ref decisions, the refs don’t coach players on the field and are not mates calling all the players by their first names.
So the point wasn’t you envying their refereeing???

No one makes a big deal about anything because no one gives a shit about Yawnion in this country. They also don’t have the media blowing every little thing up because there are no clicks in it. The Women’s Netball final gets more clicks.

Gronk

Staff member
So the point wasn’t you envying their refereeing???

No one makes a big deal about anything because no one gives a shit about Yawnion in this country. They also don’t have the media blowing every little thing up because there are no clicks in it. The Women’s Netball final gets more clicks.

You’ve got your blinkers on again today mate. I never said it was a better game or more popular, I was reminiscing how they still referee the game like our code did 40 years ago. There is zero need for you to dive into the foxhole and go into RU attack mode.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You’ve got your blinkers on again today mate. I never said it was a better game or more popular, I was reminiscing how they still referee the game like our code did 40 years ago. There is zero need for you to dive into the foxhole and go into RU attack mode.
Ok.

strider

Post Whore
Let's not forget that if the Roosters trainer wasn't on the field then the Raiders could have easily been the ones up 6-0.
I actually doubt that whitehead, the closest raider, would have got to it. Tedesco was the closest rooster and not that much further away than whitehead

And there was absolutely nothing wrong with the trainer being on the field

Eelogical

Referee
You prob saw the ch 9 replay of it.
I have friends high up in broadcasting and I have been showed other footage.It come backwards out of hands.
I thought the better team won. If you want to go trawl back through the footage of the game you will see that both sides benefited from good and bad calls. Roosters worked hard for that win, they have the title, congratulations to them. Is Joe the cameraman someone you can trust?

84 Baby

Referee
I was wondering what the discussion was when the presentation started. Some dude told greenburg something, then he walked over to interrupr
I thought that was because Beattie and the Telstra dude weren’t on stage at the time... but I prefer your theory