What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TooheysNew

Coach
I was watching at the pub and couldn't hear why Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad go off - someone said it was cramp???

Last game of the season and you're going off for cramps... that burns an interchange and creates a backline shuffle that didn't help the cause.
Heaps better to stay on there and not be able to play at 100% because his leg muscle dont work, when there's a ready made replacement sitting on the bench

Raidersteve78!

Juniors
You pretty much did for 70 odd minutes. You guys had enough ball to lose two games

The only try the Roosters had scored in the first 70 minutes of the game came off the back of an out dated ( trainers wouldn't have lived on the field as they do now when the rule was made). Both teams were awesome in defense for all bar 2 or 3 tackles. To try and claim that the Raiders had their chances and weren't good enough
I was watching at the pub and couldn't hear why Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad go off - someone said it was cramp???

Last game of the season and you're going off for cramps... that burns an interchange and creates a backline shuffle that didn't help the cause.

Wouldn't think it would have happened if they didn't have a outside back on the bench with fresh legs.

Just finished watching the replay for a different commentary perspective on Fox.
No where near the hyperbole you got on nine.
Those who thought a try was on for Raiders after the on-field trainer debacle are kidding themselves. Ball died with Soliola.
A lot of water had passed under the bridge by the time Verrills scored. Poor defence.
Commentators thought the sin bin was a rough call but didn’t bang on about it.
They were never in a position to go for a field goal, a rushed kick at best. To hang your chances on that is a massive stretch.
Raiders unlucky but not robbed

JamesRustle

First Grade
Heaps better to stay on there and not be able to play at 100% because his leg muscle dont work, when there's a ready made replacement sitting on the bench
Was just surprised it was a cramp issue... usually happens in the first month of comp, then generally no cramp so bad as to not be able to part take further.

Valheru

Coach
Just finished watching the replay for a different commentary perspective on Fox.
No where near the hyperbole you got on nine.
Those who thought a try was on for Raiders after the on-field trainer debacle are kidding themselves. Ball died with Soliola.
A lot of water had passed under the bridge by the time Verrills scored. Poor defence.
Commentators thought the sin bin was a rough call but didn’t bang on about it.
They were never in a position to go for a field goal, a rushed kick at best. To hang your chances on that is a massive stretch.

Yeah I just re-watched the 6 again incident.

Not withstanding the fact that 6 again would have been the wrong decision, by the time the first raiders player passes it he had changed his decision and screamed last 4 times before wighton got the ball 5 seconds later.

lynx000

Juniors
I’ve always had a major soft spot and they were the first team i went for because of brad Fittler. So I always had them a second team when I got brainwashed as a kid to the broncos. Since that lodge loser was signed I’ve felt disgusted they would sign that and felt dirty cheering for them. So I’ve been drawn back towards easts since last year
Yep, keep telling yourself that. Ultimate example of a fair weather fan. I wonder which team you will be supporting next.

The unknown

Juniors
What about the other chances they had in the 2nd half? Do we just ignore them?

I don't remember too many people being upset by that touch judge call in week 1.

So we just completely ignore the fact that it was 8-8 in the GF and the Roosters score the set after a ref blunder. But nah because raiders hadnt scored a try in 30 mins that justifies the decision

And also, if they could change last night's call...why didn't they change the Melbourne one ? hm

typicalfan

Coach
Pointing out someone's hypocrisy seems to be what everyone does these days until you work out we are all hypocrites.

no name

Coach
I think this absolutely sums up the game.

The Raiders needed absolutely everything to go their way.

The ball hitting the trainer was one of the unluckiest things you’ll see on a footy field.

The 6 again call reversal was unprecedented, and again the Raiders were on the wrong side of the luck there.

The game was well and truly in the balance and it would have been great to see who won if not for the controversy.

Pete Cash

Post Whore

Not withstanding the fact that 6 again would have been the wrong decision, by the time the first raiders player passes it he had changed his decision and screamed last 4 times before wighton got the ball 5 seconds later.

This is irrelevant because Wighton obviously went off the 6 to go signal. The reason why the refs use signals in the first place is because it's hard to hear them.

I mean ive never seen this happen before and across most sports i follow refs arent supposed to just change their mind while the ball is alive creating confusion on the field. If roles were reversed im sure you would be annoyed and id agree you were dudded (although id not be handing back the trophy)

The ref clearly had an impact on the play. That's why they dont just randomly change their minds whiles the ball is alive

typicalfan

Coach
It's a bit like watching the best movie you have seen in years only for someone to come along with 15 minutes to go and ruins the ending for you which would have been epic. Roosters fans are happy because it's the result they wanted in the end, Raiders fans unhappy because it's the result they didn't want and the neutrals want their money back because the experience has now been tainted.

I think the ref system needs to be looked at strongly in the offseason to prevent a recurrence of that issue.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I just read that JWH was told he won the ccm and he had moved to the stage ready to collect it but the nrl hadnt counted lockyers vote yet ???

How incompetent is this organisation

Last edited:

skeepe

Immortal
I just read that JWH was told he won the ccm and he had moved to the stage ready to collect it but the nrl hadnt counted lockyers vote yet ???

How incompetent is this organisation

Pretty incompetent if they were considering awarding the CCM to JWH.

BranVan3000

Coach
Anyway now that my head cooled off, that ruling was incompetent but it’s not the Roosters fault. You need to switch gears quickly when the ruling goes against you, Roosters dealt with 70 minutes of adversity.

Canberra crumbled for two minutes and Roosters struck. Roosters had no business going 90 meters to score but they did

Great effort by Roosters as much as I hate to admit it

They deserve the GF celebration without everyone crying about the ref

I could definitely see Canberra back there next year. Let’s hope Ricky can sustain success for once

edabomb

First Grade

Lol. I think in the madness of the final 10 minutes of a GF it's pretty challenging to expect a player to pick up a change of ruling in that scenario. These guys don't have two eyes on the ref, they probably catching the waving motion out of a corner of the eye and play to that.

Meapro Ham

Juniors
If that happened id be saying fair enough.

But we didnt have the chance to put even a rushed kick on because the ref screwed up.

But so what? Every team gets some dud decisions every game. Why obsess about one that you don’t even know would have made any difference to the result? It’s not like they disallowed a fair try for example, or wrongly sent a Raiders player off.

Teams get worse calls than that one every game. Unfortunately channel 9 sensationalised it and for some it’s become a much bigger deal than it should be.

Valheru

Coach
So we just completely ignore the fact that it was 8-8 in the GF and the Roosters score the set after a ref blunder. But nah because raiders hadnt scored a try in 30 mins that justifies the decision

And also, if they could change last night's call...why didn't they change the Melbourne one ? hm

How was it a blunder when the correct decision was made? Or do you think 6 again was the right call?

Raiders not scoring a try doesn't justify the decision (not that it needs justification) it just shows they had plenty of other opportunities.

Last night they changed the decision to a correct one a split second after making the original decision because they communicated with each other. They probably could have changed the Melbourne one but that involves the bunker as the refs didn't realise they got it wrong so a different set of circumstances.

I have never seen so much uproar over a correct decision. Had it of stood as 6 again that would have been incorrect which appears to be the preferred course of action on here.

Latest posts