What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's time to go - Ray Warren

moffla

Bench
It's sad what's become of him.
Growing up him voice was iconic, but now he's useless.

Forgetting names, mispronouncing, getting confused with the play...it's embarrassing.

I remember in the 2017 Grand Final every single try was called the same way...
"Dale Finucane has got himself a Grand Final try!" As a fan, it makes watching replays pretty underwhelming.

I'm sure Roosters fans will feel the same when they sit back and listen to his call of last nights game.

taste2taste

Juniors
Gus is gotta go too.
Spends the whole game whinging about the refs.

Is there any other commentator in the world who spends as much time bashing the sport he's supposed to be commentating on ?

beave

Coach
Andrew Voss is the best caller in the game. Shame the bullshit that went down with him and the assclowns at 9, but I’d rather him be on fox with their superior coverage. It was embarrassing listening to Rab’s f**k it up time and time again last night.

taste2taste

Juniors
Gus is gotta go too.

Is there any other commentator in the world who spends as much time bashing the sport he's supposed to be commentating on ?

You can add Rothfielf to the list of people that need to go.
Every article is bashing someone, usually the refs.

These guys don't realise they do more harm than good. For a casual fan tunning in and all they hear is negative commentary, they'd turn off pretty quickly, what's the point of watching a game if even the commentators hate it.

Parra

Referee

These guys don't realise they do more harm than good. For a casual fan tunning in and all they hear is negative commentary, they'd turn off pretty quickly, what's the point of watching a game if even the commentators hate it.

They cover it with "rugby league thrives on controversy". Such BS.

The contrast between the gf call and the nfl matches this morning is chalk and cheese. Opinionated dinosaurs vs experts.

thorson1987

Coach
It's sad what's become of him.
Growing up him voice was iconic, but now he's useless.

Forgetting names, mispronouncing, getting confused with the play...it's embarrassing.

I remember in the 2017 Grand Final every single try was called the same way...
"Dale Finucane has got himself a Grand Final try!" As a fan, it makes watching replays pretty underwhelming.

I'm sure Roosters fans will feel the same when they sit back and listen to his call of last nights game.

Seems the DVD's these days use the Fox Sports commentary, which is done for when they show the replays.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I thought it was interesting on the last Matty Johns podcast, Paul Kent telling a story where Buzz got trollied at a 1993 Dally M after party and tried to wrestle Ricky Stuart’s Rothmans Medal off him. Ricky also nursing a freshly broken leg.
They were all cracking up about it but could you imagine the outrage Kent and Buzz would manufacture if a player did that these days?
Poor blokes can’t even nude up at a Mad Monday party without guys like this writing a 4 page spread about it and getting the player charged by police.

big hit!

Bench
Gus is gotta go too.

This!

His whining is the worst advertisement for the sport. And it it seems to be influencing Andrew Johns as well.

his carry on after that 6 again call reversal was more of an embarrassment than the blunder itself. i like him on 100% footy, but he's awful during games. why does he have such a high standing as a co-commentator at 9?

VictoryFC

Bench
The most embarrassing bit was how often he mentioned auskick. No one gives a farke that a player kicked a sharon in their life. Stfu and call the game you're watching

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I called some time ago when minnichello was still playing.

RTS and tupou were the wingers, RTS copped a nasty split in an earlier round from memory and wore headgear for a few rounds against the norm.

So you got 2 polynesian wingers which already has rab in turmoil (like the racist uncle at xmas that everyone just accepts and is an unwritten law that you cant pull him up for anything). 1 is 8 foot tall and the other is wearing headgear, he couldnt possibly still get them mixed up.........yep he did.....MORE THAN ONCE

ACTPanthers

Bench
LOVED Rabs as a kid. As alluded, he WAS the voice of the game for many years... But it's not even funny anymore just how bad he has become

Latest posts