What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRL Grand Final - Raiders v Roosters 6/10/19

oldmancraigy

Coach
After watching the footage with the refs voice, the 6 again call is nothing at all.
He puts his hand up for 6 again, then changes it to last and keeps yelling last, still last, still last one.
Raiders get 2 passes and run the ball twice while he is yelling LAST - if they were sharp enough to notice 6 again, they should be sharp enough to notice him yelling last one.

Last tackle was the RIGHT call. Would the punters be happier if the Raiders scored from an incorrect 6 again call?

It's blobs like Rabs and Gould who make a big issue of it, but perhaps the issue is that they are past their use by date.

The trainer one is the rule in RL. Nothing wrong there, just bad luck. He tried to dodge... plus agree that Tedesco would have cleaned up for a 6 again anyway. And possibly the tackle should have been penalized anyway since he hits the kicker in the legs while in the act of kicking. Pretty sure that's not on?

hindy111

Post Whore
Assuming wighton could hear with 85000 people yelling.
I'd say having acess to a TV and the refs microphone makes it sound nice and clear mate.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oakland raiders are going ok. I reckon they will be 8 wins

I don't know, mate - the Bears were awful, and the Raiders O-line played the best they have in years.

I doubt they replicate that form consistently.

Derek Carr is still a massive liability.

lingard

Coach
Good game. Shame all everyone can talk about are the refereeing decisions.

Sin bin was harsh. Penalty should have been sufficient.
There were some penalties throughout the game that went the wrong way.
The ‘6-again’ call was a major f**k up. It was the correct call in the end, but you can’t change your decision mid tackle like that. If you get the decision wrong to begin with, live with it. What they did was make a bad decision into a much worse one.

Raiders still would have lost though, I reckon. Roosters’ defence was fantastic.

The sin bin was a good decision. If Cronk had come in a split second later (i.e: a legal tackle) Papalli would have had the momentum and would have bulldozed his way through Cronk and scored (the ref was obviously thinking that way, because he was looking at a possible penalty try). It may have been unintentional on Cronk's part (who knows), but fulfills the criteria for 'professional foul' in every other respect.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don't know, mate - the Bears were awful, and the Raiders O-line played the best they have in years.

I doubt they replicate that form consistently.

Derek Carr is still a massive liability.

The next few weeks are tough but then it opens up. I still think they will get 8 wins which isnt bad at all

T.S Quint

Coach
The sin bin was a good decision. If Cronk had come in a split second later (i.e: a legal tackle) Papalli would have had the momentum and would have bulldozed his way through Cronk and scored (the ref was obviously thinking that way, because he was looking at a possible penalty try). It may have been unintentional on Cronk's part (who knows), but fulfills the criteria for 'professional foul' in every other respect.

Is a professional foul not when a player intentionally impedes another to prevent them from scoring a try?
I don’t know how anyone can say that Cronk intentionally tackled Papalii without the ball, considering there was a split second between him touching his arm and the ball arriving to him.
You also can’t say that Papalii was going to bulldoze him and score considering Cronk is right there to tackle him. You can’t make the decision that Cronk is definitely going to miss.

Definite penalty but a sin bin was way too harsh.

IFR33K

Coach
I have no issue with the so called ‘blunder’. The raiders would of heard the “last call”. Even if it remained 6 again, there no guarantees the raiders would of scored. Roosters defence was amazing. Plus Ricky sux too.

Avenger

Immortal
I have no issue with the so called ‘blunder’. The raiders would of heard the “last call”. Even if it remained 6 again, there no guarantees the raiders would of scored. Roosters defence was amazing. Plus Ricky sux too.
Thank God Ricky didn’t come away with a premiership. I’d rather the Roosters go back to back then see him all smug.

IFR33K

Coach
Thank God Ricky didn’t come away with a premiership. I’d rather the Roosters go back to back then see him all smug.

I was honestly hoping the raiders will win. Until a few days ago, when sticky decided to not acknowledge Robinson when they done a photo shot with the premiership trophy.

I almost forgot how arrogant he was.

Eelogical

Referee
If anything is to be taken from the GF for the NRL to consider going forward, then maybe it's the circumstances of when any trainer is allowed on the field during the game. For me, it should only be at stops in play (penalty goal attempt or try scored with the subsequent conversion), or when a player goes down and requires assistance (ref's discretion). This would reduce the chances of similar situations happening like last night's incident plus it would get that 14th man off the field as well as give the team captains role more credence.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The next few weeks are tough but then it opens up. I still think they will get 8 wins which isnt bad at all

We are a pretty ordinary side, tbh.

Clelin Ferrell, and Josh Jacobs, look like good prospects, and Tyrell Williams is a gun, but other than that...

Kornstar

Coach
I don't think i've ever seen so much discussion about what was ultimately the correct decision. Most people are talking as if it actually came off the Roosters when all evidence points towards it coming off the Raiders.

Don't we ultimately want the correct decision made? Cause the outrage over the last 20 hours over the correct call has been ridiculous.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I don't think i've ever seen so much discussion about what was ultimately the correct decision. Most people are talking as if it actually came off the Roosters when all evidence points towards it coming off the Raiders.

Don't we ultimately want the correct decision made? Cause the outrage over the last 20 hours over the correct call has been ridiculous.

Yep imagine if the raiders scored of a call of 6 to go.

Additionally I could understand the frustration even more if it occurred to the raiders rucking it off their try line and occurred 40-50 m out giving roosters good field position.

But for all the whinging, roosters got it back 5 out, a great position for the roosters.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yep imagine if the raiders scored of a call of 6 to go.

Additionally I could understand the frustration even more if it occurred to the raiders rucking it off their try line and occurred 40-50 m out giving roosters good field position.

But for all the whinging, roosters got it back 5 out, a great position for the roosters.

Hold up.
Then it would of been a bad reffs call but a fair play if they scored. What happend was Wighton surrended possesion at a critical time of play. This is the issue. Not the right or wrong play. It was a dead play. Of course we do not know what would of happend. The fact is he called 6 again so Wighton surrended. I also feel that the raiders where in a bit of shock and lost concentration after that call for 20 seconds being confused and the Roosters scored.