What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JWH

MKCS

Juniors
I thought he was well and truly the best on field. Roosters looked much better each time he came on.

Danish

Referee
This is insanely incompetent by the nrl. What is wrong with them

they are run by monkeys.

min 2013 when DCE got the Churchill medal, they said they all votes with 10 to go, when manly were looking like winning (pressuring our line for 3-4 sets in a row). So obviously they voted thinking manly were going to get up.

We’ve also never had a kiwi win the award, despite several obvious MoM performances by kiwis over the years. Probably because it’s historically be voted on by the Aussie selectors.

it’s hilarious how amateur they are as a professional sport.

BranVan3000

Coach
Perfect mix of hard work, effectiveness and mongrel

Would love him in my team though he’d probably quit before that happens

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I mean wighton was very good. Just them telling jwh he won was very incompetent

No wonder everyone was confused

Uncle dookter

Juniors
I don't buy this for one second.

The NRL want us to believe that they started the award ceremony and were just about to announce the winner of the award without having all of the votes counted?

Then the CEO, (without anyone running on stage to alert him of Lockyer's vote and from what I could see no ear piece to have received that info through) steps in and gives the presenter new information on the winner of the award....

I call bulls**t. This in my opinion is a captains call by the CEO to somehow take the heat off the storm coming in relation to the controversy created by disgraceful inconsistent refereeing once again.

I do believe jack whighton was the best on field for the raiders and also believe JWH to be best on field for the roosters. So can handle the award going to either player.

Once again the NRL and its CEO has completely ruined what should have been another great grand final and deserve what they are getting in regard to no one talking about how great their product is but the exact opposite.

All coming from a neutral fan in regards to the two teams in the grand final.

big hit!

Bench
This is insanely incompetent by the nrl. What is wrong with them

Rooster fans victim mentality here is astounding. If it was just the two “ex-Canberra” players votes counted, JWH would’ve actually won the medal. It was Lockyers vote that gave it to Wighton.

And the report is that Lockyer went walkabout and they couldn’t get his vote. Seriously, this is why rugby league is such a joke. Incompetent idiots are promoted to admin or media roles they should never be in because they once excelled at passing and kicking a ball more than others. You’d think if you’re were tasked with an important role on the most important days of the rugby league calendar, that you would carry it out with diligence and in a timely manner. Not in rugby league.