What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

imasharkie

Coach
Magoulias has to be in the team next season is some capacity. Either at 13 as another ball player or off the bench. What an asset to have a player who can do what he did today and last week
Magoulias to lock, he is far superior to Williams. I reckon Toby is better than Williams and should be in the 17 before him. Williams was very disappointing this year as he was expected to be Gals replacement.

cb4

First Grade
What are the thoughts for the Gal replacement?
Do we go with Jack Williams who has been on the bench and first in line?
Should Billy get first crack to add something different?
Or Toby Rudolph?
My preference is Rudolph, leave Williams on the bench and have Billy take the 14 jersey.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Or Toby Rudolph?
My preference is Rudolph, leave Williams on the bench and have Billy take the 14 jersey.

Yeah I'm on the Rudolf to 13 boat also. Brings alot of energy to the middle which we missed last year. Runs hard, likes to hurt merkins, good work ethic.

And to think he didn't even have a proper off season and was doing ACL rehab like Wade. Though I think he'd been training fully for quite a while. Did his knee only a few weeks after Wade but came back two months later. Was it more serious ? I though you just did your ACL and one wasn't worse than another ?

Williams will only get better but till he does leave him on the bench, and I think Billy has some X factor and utility value that would suit the 14 jersey.

ghoti

Bench
Tell Williams, Magoulis and Rudolph when they get back to training that the 13 is theirs for the taking. See who wants it more.

Have the feeling that Williams will start the season at 13.. Magoulis is almost guaranteed a bench forward/utility spot ala Capewell (especially if Capes leaves) and Rudolph will have to work his way onto the bench to debut.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I hope we have resigned Teig Wilson, I throw him in that mix.

Do we go with a Gallen replacement?

Has the postion evovled, like when Gallen changed it to a third prop?

Victor Radley and Cameron Murray, offer something Williams, Rudolf or Magulious do not.

If we intend to have a bloke who take a solid hit up on the fourth then Williams or Rudolf.

Bring back the Hatch type in the Greek God, at point though. do you consider Wade and put Toby on the edge.

Or go for the quick leg drive of Wilson, he either makes it this year or not really.

Morris will age 4 years this off season.

Ads

First Grade
Tempted to run Williams as a prop. Let Prior go and he can take that rotation spot.

Or Toby Rudolph?
I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, tend to agree with your preference

Inferno

Coach
I'd have thought Graham to Lock with someone else taking his spot on the left edge.

Only question is does that weaken the left side too much.

chewsta

First Grade
Tempted to run Williams as a prop. Let Prior go and he can take that rotation spot.

I like the idea. Doesnt seem to posses the finer skills of a lot of backrowers out there. But he runs hard, fast and straight. Something we lacked from our much higher paid props all year.

taipan

Referee
Cattle for trade come November 1.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/083e09067867ffedbcff0b0c2e42d20f

Tui Kamikamica, I would be talking to him.

Some others too, but guys like Brimson, To'o, Mahoney I would rather they stay where they are.

Except for a couple of elite one's (not available), there is bugger all hooker talent.

I'll repeat it one more time,I want a powerful running tank like Fijian winger in the side.Reasonably happy with the cattle we've got, plus the up and comers in the Jets.
If forwards can make the dents and hold the attack, we need more fast unstoppable bash in attack.
If we'd have had a Sivo,Radrada,Suvaluva(???) on hand ,we'd be in the G/F just on the basis of our many missed backline opportunities this season.

Years ago I stayed on Mana Island for a hols, and watched some young Fijian guys play touch football on the small airstrip ,that was covered on the edges with small rocks.They played naturally barefoot and ran at full gallop, never dropped a pill.