What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Worst rules in Rugby League.

Maximus

Coach
More interested in seeing once again the fire and brimstone that was once in the game. It's an aggressive sport and that's the reason it was so popular.

Why do you think among the most watched highlights reels are the biff ? because people dont like it, because they enjoy boxing instead ? Why was the biff almost always used to advertise the game ? Because marketers dont know what theyre doing?

Easily one of the worst decisions in recent times was bean counter Smith's knee jerk reaction to ban the biff. He had a brilliant product and decided to change it. Now SOO is simply and NRL game with different colored jerseys. RL will die a slow death, eventually becoming touch football.

It will become touch footy because players get punished for punching?

I'm guessing you took a few too many punches to the head.This is why punches aren't allowed. It causes serious damage..

t-ba

Post Whore
40/20 from anywhere

For mine this one has a shitload of legs.

Don't see why a 40/20 should be different from a 30/40 or 50/10. Would actually take players out of the line and open up the edges a bit more.

Knight Vision

First Grade
It will become touch footy because players get punished for punching?

I'm guessing you took a few too many punches to the head.This is why punches aren't allowed. It causes serious damage..
ummm let's look at it this way. First it was a punch "to the head" next it was a hair pull, a slap. and as we are already seeing it will next be a text book tackle done too hard. The trajectory is quite clear and apparent to many who would care to think about things more than they would considering what pub meal to order.

Punches to the head are dangerous, so is walking across the road, sky diving, scuba diving, riding a jetski, swimming around penguin colonies. Drinking too much, smoking , riding a motorbike and apparently ( in Australia ) driving 5 km over the speed limit.........it's called living a life. Living a life comes with risk.......Australia is a police state, a place so bland and dull its a life barely lived.

Knight Vision

First Grade
No trainers on the field
One ref
Bring back the 5m rule
No seven tackles
No more scrums
40/20 from anywhere

Why 5 mtr rule ? that's barely enough space to create anything and as we know 5 mtrs will be actually 3-4 mtrs in reality.

I can agree with the rest.

nick87

Coach
I f**king HATE the charge down rule
Have for ages... and not the one where it hits your trainer!

it’s got me absolutely f**ked why a kicker who can’t get a clean kick away get a chance for 6 more tackles

if you get a kick charged down, the tackle count should not restart.

LineBall

Juniors
No trainers on the field
One ref
Bring back the 5m rule
No seven tackles
No more scrums
40/20 from anywhere

I'd change the 40/20 rule to 50/20, but I'd make it that it goes both ways. So if you kick inside your own 20 and put it out past half way - you get the ball.

LineBall

Juniors

it’s got me absolutely f**ked why a kicker who can’t get a clean kick away get a chance for 6 more tackles

I wonder if somebody could get Vossy to get on board and change this rule? He basically ran the campaign to get the rule changed that dealt with the corner post.

Parra

Referee
Why 5 mtr rule ? that's barely enough space to create anything and as we know 5 mtrs will be actually 3-4 mtrs in reality.

I can agree with the rest.

Makes playmakers more important. With 10m it is easier to just go for one out hit ups over and over.

Oh yeah, for this to work the interchange should be restricted or eliminated as well. Have a replacement rule. 5m works when the big blokes tire.

Quicksilver

Bench

Why? The opposition team has deliberately made a play at the ball

nick87

Coach
Why? The opposition team has deliberately made a play at the ball

I get why the rule is what it is, and admittedly there is not a good answer to that other than to say, IMO you still need to allow the defence to make a play, to change the game. Defensive football is being legislated out of contact sports, and i like having avenues for a defender to change momemtum

I dont believe you should be rewarded as a kicking team if you fail to get a clean kick away.

I mean you're worried about conisitency with the rules right? That's why you ask the question why?
Well why can a player charge the ball down with his hands, knock it on, and regain possession and it's play on? There is already a complete and total inconsistency in this rule in relation to other rules, and i think the benefit of that inconsistency should be shaded towards the defensive team making the good play and away from the attacking team who have f**ked up

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
Just imagine a trainer is attending a player in the backfield, 40 metres away, with his back to the play. The other team kicks the ball downfield and it just touches the trainer and has no real impact on either the defence or attacking teams contesting the ball. Wouldn’t you agree that a penalty for this would be a bit extreme? Just as giving the attacking team a scrum feed seems ridiculous?

Just don’t allow them on the field

Tell me why they are out there?

Springs09

Juniors
The worst rules are the ones that caused the team I was going for in the GF to be disadvantaged.

Latest posts