What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - My Late Wife

Very sorry about this awful news Stake.
Hope the Jets put a little cheer into what must have been a terrible day.

Generalzod

Immortal
We had hoped for longer after been given 6-12 months, we ended up with 9 weeks, my soul mate has passed, our children feel a loss they should never have to have, And i try to find a way to grieve without breaking down.

I remember her when we won in 2016, so happy for me knowing how long i had supported the team, she would wear my sharks jersey with pride, i remember giving her a jersey when we met in 2007, when she lived in Canada and she looked after it, she would take that to hospital with her, as she would say it smelt like me.

Just a loss of words for my beautiful wife Laurie xxx
Life ain’t fair my deepest sympathies...

Sincere condolences Stake.Words of wisdom fail me ...just the "its not fair"You strike me as a strong character who will stay strong for his kids as your wife no doubt would wish, so if ever "showing them an orchard" is an activity that might be of interest to them or you We are here ijust south of Gympie.

taipan

Referee
Condolences Stake ,my deepest thoughts go out to you at such a tragic time.Losing a soul mate,I just cannot comprehend what you must be going through and your children.
For their sake mate stay strong, they need you more than ever now to be so.

Feej

First Grade
Mate, so sorry to read this. My sincere condolences for what is a very trying time. Hold your children close and take all the time you need. I've experienced the same, so please don't be afraid to reach out if you want to talk.

Take care.

Feej

First Grade
Just one more thing mate. You'll not find a bunch of more caring and supportive blokes than the jokers in here. When I went through the same thing, the support was incredible and it made things a little easier to bear. When it comes down to it, through all the banter and shit-takes you have great support here.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Devastating news Stake. You and the kids are in my thoughts.

You may feel very lonely at this time Stake, but you're not alone. You have your family close to you and you forum family is here.

May Laurie rest in peace now.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Condolences Stake - nothing I can say will make it any better but sometimes the tough times bring out the best in good times - hope all is okay with your family in this terrible time

Chimp

Bench
Stake - I don't know you, I don't even live in the same country as you, but I feel your pain brother, my heart sank as I read your post.
I lost my Dad when I was 21, my younger brother was only 10 at the time - I'd love to offer words of comfort, and whilst you have my thoughts, I know they won't make you feel 1 bit better.
The bad news is, the pain doesn't get easier, but with time, it becomes easier to block out the pain.
Now's not the time for it, but when your head is clearer, try and focus on the amount of time you had with your good wife, the fun times you had, the children you've created, and the memories that will last a lifetime - be thankful for these, as none of that can be taken away from you, and many people don't get to have what you've had with your dear wife.

snout

First Grade
We had hoped for longer after been given 6-12 months, we ended up with 9 weeks, my soul mate has passed, our children feel a loss they should never have to have, And i try to find a way to grieve without breaking down.

I remember her when we won in 2016, so happy for me knowing how long i had supported the team, she would wear my sharks jersey with pride, i remember giving her a jersey when we met in 2007, when she lived in Canada and she looked after it, she would take that to hospital with her, as she would say it smelt like me.

Just a loss of words for my beautiful wife Laurie xxx
Thats beautifully written Stakey.
In a few paragraphs youve described a wonderful mother and a person who truly loved you to bits.
They say its better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all....and at the moment you cant comprehend that because of the sheer weight of a broken heart.
But you will.

A few weeks ago l lost my dad.
My best mate.
He was 85 so he had a good innings. He was given 6 - 12 months and lasted almost 4. He got the diagnosis, went home and never mentioned the c word.

He went painfree in his own bed in his sleep. Couldnt ask for more. I was there with mum.

He loved footy and didnt really follow anyone but had a soft spot for the mightys because l followed them.
My brother and l put Fox on for him and he would watch 8 games a weekend - and the very last game he ever watched was Manly knocking us out this year. He wouldnt mind me making the joke that watching the Sharks will kill you.

coolumsharkie

Referee
That's incredibly sad news Stake. Obviously iterate the thoughts of others in here. Life can be cruel as you well know though your kids will get you through the dark times.

All the best to your family.