What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trainers on the field

beave

Coach
Would have also been nice in that game against the Sharks where that dopehat on the sideline put his flag up and then the Sharks strolled through to score after the Raiders had stopped playing.

that was f**king disgraceful officiating.

Lambretta

First Grade
Trainers should not be on the field during live play. Simple as that

Piss em off

Whiteheads a Pom. He'd have knocked on anyway.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Its a simple solution isnt it? But when the rules committee consists of a small percentage of the nrl coaches, we have no hope
Yep coaches want it and the Players Assoc will scream player safety.

Just need to see the lack of attention in the media to see nothing's going to happen.

bileduct

Coach
Poor Blokes Devastated

View attachment 33576
Just watching the replay now and this dipshit is on the field right from the kickoff and is handing out drinks after the first tackle.

He's on for the entire set of six, goes off, then is straight back for the full set the Roosters have the ball. Just standing back there until he gets hit with the ball.

Blue shirt trainer comes on for the full third set, just wandering around at the back like the other dipshit in orange.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
Was watching NRL360 and then this came on. Thought I'd check out the first few minutes to see what prompted this dipshit to run onto the field. Turned out he was there the entire time.
I hope you turned it off soon after. Rewatching a losing GF doesn’t sound like a good time.

bileduct

Coach
I hope you turned it off soon after. Rewatching a losing GF doesn’t sound like a good time.
I'mma see how long before the Roosters have a full set without a trainer on the field. Orange bloke went off after the first two, blue guy has been on for the two after.

Looks like I might end up watching the whole game. One of these f**kers runs out right at the start of every set. Just loiters around behind the play the ball.

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Its a simple solution isnt it? But when the rules committee consists of a small percentage of the nrl coaches, we have no hope

Its mental. The coaches are the last people who should be controlling the game

They're always going to be in favour of whatever gives them an edge regardless of fairness or the good of the game

I pretty sure the AFL just changed their rules to limit trainers on the field, because of similar events. (Don't really follow it closely enough)

I hate AFL more than most but the above is correct. Trainers/runners can only come on in an AFL game now when their is a break in play (ie after goal is scored and have to be off the field before play starts again.

We just need a rule trainers are only allowed on field in a break in play (ie after a try is scored) and when directed to come onto the field by an NRL official due to an injured player.

If a trainer is on the field at any other time it is a penalty against his side. Simple rule that should have been brought in years ago.

No sport in the world has trainers on the field trying to direct play, NRL doesn't need them on the field either.

Its mental. The coaches are the last people who should be controlling the game

They're always going to be in favour of whatever gives them an edge regardless of fairness or the good of the game

Agree with the above, NRL has to show leadership on this issue and tell the coaches were to go.

big hit!

Bench
Blue shirt (generally coaching staff) - message runner
Orange shirt (physio) - medical
Yellow shirt (generally S&C) - drinks dude / bench warm-up guy.

And bileduct is right, the orange merkin is on the field from the f**king kick off and every Roosters attacking set. he was handing out some shit to a player after the very first tackle of the match

Latest posts