What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP NRL

Mr Spock!

Referee
Getting a call wrong is incompetent.

You just didn't want the roosters to win. That is everyone's core issue here.
Meh.

The issue here is how farcical the game has become.

Trainers influencing matches and actual play.

Refs overriding each other and confusing players.

Rules which were designed in 1908 (when scrums were a contest) which need changing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just seen a close up on nrl360 and really not convinced it didn’t hit the roosters player at all. at real speed it would be absolutely impossible to say definitely, which makes the main ref overturning his initial decision very perplexing. Are we know taking majority votes to make on the run decisions?

King hit

Coach
Just seen a close up on nrl360 and really not convinced it didn’t hit the roosters player at all. at real speed it would be absolutely impossible to say definitely, which makes the main ref overturning his initial decision very perplexing. Are we know taking majority votes to make on the run decisions?

031B732C-2486-4D0B-86F9-AC2C32743747.gif

Glen

Bench
The hysteria and the whining is beyond ridiculous.

It was a poorly handled call by two refs who were flustered on the big stage. It does raise questions about those two refs and the two ref system as a whole, and it’s a shame those questions had to be raised in a critical grand final moment.

But if they called 5th tackle straight away, in all likelihood the shit Raiders halves wouldn’t have done much to trouble the Roosters defence with the play in a messy situation. Maybe they could have scored a crazy try or forced a dropout and it sucks they didn’t know to go for either, but the game was far from lost until their bad edge defence let a 90m try through.

People are acting like the Raiders were ahead and the Roosters were awarded an illegal try to steal the game. It wouldn’t be rugby league without the game’s fans and media both doing their best to shit all over the league at every opportunity

Valheru

Coach

Look closer.

It 100% did not hit teddy

mave

Coach
It wouldn’t be rugby league without the game’s fans and media both doing their best to shit all over the league at every opportunity

If only the refs, and admin, didn't give us fans the opportunity to shit all over the league.....

Simple solutions?
Consistent judiciary and MRC decisions
Consistent ref decisions, for the whole season.

I'm sensing a theme here.

age.s

First Grade
It was embarrassing. But rugby league is still awesome. That what makes the officiating so infuriating.

bileduct

Coach
Yep, looks like there's contact with Tedesco's shoulder.

snogard6

Juniors
If you watch Sezer closely, you can tell that he knew the call had changed and was alerting his teammates. He was filthy simple Jack got caught. Yes, it was unacceptable that the ref had to ask his fellow officials if it was 6 again and in doing so was waving his arm, but Of course Wighton knew and once caught tried to cover up his poor play by Playing dumb

no name

Coach
The issue isn’t that they got the 6 again call right or wrong, it’s that it was announced and then overturned.

Once he called out 6 again, that should be the call that sticks.

Of course it’s preferable that they get those calls right but some calls are made on the fly and the call has to be adhered to.

I'm fine with the sin bin call but I don't think I'll ever be able to comprehend how some fans think that the Raiders would've won if Cummins didn't rule 6 to go. There are so many permutations and none of them clearly result in the Raiders scoring a try to win the match

Exactly. Great post. Suck my massive Rooster you bunch of cock-a-doodle-doos!

Been on the Pimms since lunch yesterday and no let up except when I did a shoey of French champas with Ricko at Archies last night...

Last year in a tigers storm game it was 10 all late in the game. Tigers put a bomb up, there was a contest and it came back to Josh Aloiai, the ref ruled 6 again and he took the tackle, as he was being tackled the pocket ref suddenly yelled ‘last’ so Aloiai threw the ball wildly in the air. It was intercepted and the Storm made a 40m break downfield.

After the game it was admitted the referees mis understood each other, and it was 6 again. It’s very odd, but I can understand why Wighton didn’t then go to kick, even if he did here the ‘last tackle’ correction call.

Storm always get dodgy calls.

Rhyno

First Grade
Need I say more?

Anyone with a working eye or two saw what happened tonight.

The Roosters had to win didn't they?

Onto 2020, if you can be bothered to stick around. Most fans won't.
30.9.01 was the day rugby league died

all of this could be avoided if they allow the bunker to intervene

absolutely baffling that they dont
IMO get rid of the bunker, get rid of the ear piece the ref wear's, the sideline officials should only intervene for foul play, and the assistant/pocket ref should never be shouting at the referee about a decision, the assistant ref should just be officiating the tackle area.

The referee is God, he/she is always right, that's the way it should be.

Last edited:

Latest posts