What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodbye 2010 -2019

Rhyno

First Grade
2010 - 2019
Premiers
2010 - Dragons
2011 - Sea Eagles
2012 - Storm
2013 - Roosters
2014 - Rabbitohs
2015 - Cowboys
2016 - Sharks
2017 - Storm
2018 - Roosters
2019 - Roosters

Grand finals
Storm 4, Roosters 4, Bulldogs 2, Cowboys 2, Sea Eagles 2, Dragons, Warriors, Rabbitohs, Broncos, Sharks, Raiders 1.

(Therefore only Eels, Knights, Titans, Tigers and Panthers didn't make a grand final in that 10 season period.)

Wooden Spoons
Knights 3, Eels 3, Titans 2, Sharks, Storm 1.
Woohoo let’s pArty !!!

Raiders are the 11th team to play in a grand final this decade woohoo

T.S Quint

Coach
Thank Christ this decade of misery is over.
We Parra fans thought we had experienced some pretty shitty times during the late 80s - early 90s period. We even suffered through some incredibly humiliating defeats through the late 90s - mid 2000s period...but nothing could have prepared us for the utter shitkicking we went through over the last 10 years.

We had a three year period where we only won 17 games.
Imagine following a team that was so incompetent at cheating the salary cap that not only did they get found out, but they won two spoons whilst doing it!

Then when it finally looks like your club has got their shit together and bakes the top 4, they get bundled out in straight sets and go on to win another spoon the next season.

I’ve remained a season ticket holder for the last 15 years. I deserve a f**king Nobel Prize or something.

T.S Quint

Coach
Thank god that’s over.

87 wins 2 Draws 151 Losses. 1 winning season which was only because a draw made it 12-1-11. 2 final series last one 6 seasons ago. 3 Spoons in a row.

If we ever win one again we can’t be accused of not deserving it.

Yeah, you guys have had a shit run too.
At least you have 2001 though.

f**kers.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm sure this thread will be bumped in 2029 after the Roosters have won their 12th premiership in a row.

King hit

Coach
There is only one memorable moment the Sharks turning off the porch light.

That was one of my favourite memories of the decade. Seeing it live was amazing and to make it even better was living here in Queensland with all the heckling bogans death riding the Sharks all year just because of Paul Gallen. Seeing their hearts break as the Sharks rose to their best and seeing them turn away into disgust every time I mentioned they were the premiers gave me a lot of laughs in what was a pretty stressful year for me personally.

Generalzod

Immortal
That was one of my favourite memories of the decade. Seeing it live was amazing and to make it even better was living here in Queensland with all the heckling bogans death riding the Sharks all year just because of Paul Gallen. Seeing their hearts break as the Sharks rose to their best and seeing them turn away into disgust every time I mentioned they were the premiers gave me a lot of laughs in what was a pretty stressful year for me personally.
All year I was listening to the likes Gordon Tallis on triple m saying that if the Sharks make it to the Grand Final the NRL would have to move the Grand Final to Singapore as we don’t have the supporter base to fill the Stadium Sydney , how f**king wrong he was, Even Joey Johns said that he never witnessed a crowd so one sided...

Reflector

Juniors
Pretty much any decade has its' teams that are regulars to GF day. In the 50's and 60's it was the St George/ Souths show, in the 70's it was Manly, in the 80's only twice did a team who weren't the Eels/ Bulldogs lift the Winfield Cup, in the 90's it was the Broncos and Raiders, with Manly right in the middle of the decade...

I agree that the mid 2010's were a nice succession of broken droughts and fairytale first Premierships but aside from this relief, the decade was characterised on the field by Bellamy's cynical, grinding, grubby wrestling tactics and (off field) by a distinct separation between the have's (Roosters) and the have-nots (take your pick). Also doesn't help that the Storm are a niche side based in AFL mecca and the Roosters, while they have a widespread support base, are from a relatively tiny area that doesn't even have its' own junior comp. The sustained success of these sides fails to capture the imagination of the wider RL base.

I hope that in the 20's we see open, attacking football become in vogue and a changing of the guard where 3, even 4 new teams (with as few of the Bulldogs, Manly and Broncos included) are the major players. A couple of Knights v Tigers, Raiders v Eels or even Titans v Warriors GF's would be a welcome novelty!

SBD82

Coach
Pretty much any decade has its' teams that are regulars to GF day. In the 50's and 60's it was the St George/ Souths show, in the 70's it was Manly, in the 80's only twice did a team who weren't the Eels/ Bulldogs lift the Winfield Cup, in the 90's it was the Broncos and Raiders, with Manly right in the middle of the decade...

I agree that the mid 2010's were a nice succession of broken droughts and fairytale first Premierships but aside from this relief, the decade was characterised on the field by Bellamy's cynical, grinding, grubby wrestling tactics and (off field) by a distinct separation between the have's (Roosters) and the have-nots (take your pick). Also doesn't help that the Storm are a niche side based in AFL mecca and the Roosters, while they have a widespread support base, are from a relatively tiny area that doesn't even have its' own junior comp. The sustained success of these sides fails to capture the imagination of the wider RL base.

I hope that in the 20's we see open, attacking football become in vogue and a changing of the guard where 3, even 4 new teams (with as few of the Bulldogs, Manly and Broncos included) are the major players. A couple of Knights v Tigers, Raiders v Eels or even Titans v Warriors GF's would be a welcome novelty!
While I agree that it would be great to see free flowing football dominate the game again, You might end up disappointed. I think Manly is probably the prime candidate to implement it successfully in the next few years.

firechild

First Grade
Thank Christ this decade of misery is over.
We Parra fans thought we had experienced some pretty shitty times during the late 80s - early 90s period. We even suffered through some incredibly humiliating defeats through the late 90s - mid 2000s period...but nothing could have prepared us for the utter shitkicking we went through over the last 10 years.

We had a three year period where we only won 17 games.
Imagine following a team that was so incompetent at cheating the salary cap that not only did they get found out, but they won two spoons whilst doing it!

Then when it finally looks like your club has got their shit together and bakes the top 4, they get bundled out in straight sets and go on to win another spoon the next season.

I’ve remained a season ticket holder for the last 15 years. I deserve a f**king Nobel Prize or something.
Long may it continue.

Latest posts