What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayden Sullivan

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I am very happy that we have secured young Jayden Sullivan. The reports on him are fantastic. I have only seen highlights of him, but he looks to have a complete game for a halfback. He has a good short and long passing game, good running game and good short kicking game. I know it is a massive step to first grade and many don't make it, but at least we have him in our system. Good halves are very hard to come by. His is slightly built right now. He has even already been compared to Thurston.

Thanks Frank-if he's only half as good as you make out, he'd still be an improvement on what we've got

slippery5

Juniors
You stating Lomax and Timm both gone: not confirmed, or do you know otherwise?
I can tell you Timm has not been signed by anyone else yet, but may train the off season with the Storm again but they aren't offering him anything as far as a contract, just a jester to keep him maybe affiliated with their feeder club the Sunshine Coast Falcons where he resides.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Based on the reports from some on this site, we have some very promising and exciting young stars coming coming through our system in Sullivan, Wishart, Schiller, Matt and Max Feagai. I know we have had many youngsters with big wraps on them, but this group has massive wraps on them. Hopefully they all can develop into regular first graders.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Based on the reports from some on this site, we have some very promising and exciting young stars coming coming through our system in Sullivan, Wishart, Schiller, Matt and Max Feagai. I know we have had many youngsters with big wraps on them, but this group has massive wraps on them. Hopefully they all can develop into regular first graders.

Can probably add Dowell to that list, seems the club rate him to, as he has always played up an year in Matt’s / Sg ball (eg playing those comps at 15 / 17 years old). And even got to play some 20’s this year at 18.

Carlton

Juniors

And Cody Ramsay and Saab, looks like we have a complete backline of potentially very good players, all about the same age.

possm

Coach
We have always had lots of bright young juniors coming through however, under Mary, very few will cement a position at the dizzy heights of first grade. We have Lomax and Ford as the only examples that potentially can hold down a first grade spot.

SAP58

Juniors
This thread makes me feel a lot better about the future BUT it shows how critical the appointment of the right assistant coach is. Leave it to the current coach and this list in 12 months will unfortunately be a lot shorter !

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I forgot about Ramsey and Saab is already playing first grade.
Ramsay really looks the goods, he's tall and rangy and very fast, seems to have a good passing game from the highlights I have seen of him, I imagine him once he fills out being quite formidable id be planning around him. He is one I'm certain will make it. As a plus he looks like Jesus so will be an awesome cult hero.

boardlumps62

Juniors
How does the Dragons Development System work. Do the coaches get together for a Friday Arvo beer and discuss with say Millward who they think has the goods to make the next level.

nontime111

Juniors
Schoupp has signed with the Dogs.
thats not very good, oh well, they must be going with Matty Feagai instead, I ok with that I just wish wed keep Lomax as a centre combo of Lomax/Feagai would decimate all opposition, one with silky ball playing skills and footy nous and one with that aswell as raw power and mungrel
Im glad we unloaded BJ though and I hope theyre not getting any demented thoughts of swapping Zac for BJ!! seriously, that hog of his in the GF lost them the game as far as im concerned, just catch and pass fella and Canberra would be whooping it up right now instead of being rightly pissed off over those 2 god awful ref decisions.... the trainer...get off!! 3 minutes and your out there...pfft! and that six more decision should have been overruled, stopped the game....they were robbed to me but all it took was a quick pass and we wouldnt be talking refs

I love this idea for the future

Ramsey
Saab/Feagai
Lomax
Feagai
Sailor
Wishart/Flanagan
Sullivan

this backline would WRECK all opposition! specially if Flanno got hold of em!

Frank Facer

First Grade
Ramsay really looks the goods, he's tall and rangy and very fast, seems to have a good passing game from the highlights I have seen of him, I imagine him once he fills out being quite formidable id be planning around him. He is one I'm certain will make it. As a plus he looks like Jesus so will be an awesome cult hero.
From the little I have seen of Ramsey, he looked good. I thought he looked like a winger and then read that he was playing wing, before being moved to fullback. I have considered the idea of fast tracking either Ramsey or one of the Feagai brothers as one of our wingers next year. I am of the belief that if they are good enough, they are old enough. I recall many great young outside backs debuting aged 17 or 18. I know 17 year olds aren't eligible for first grade now. Laurie Daley made his first grade debut at 17. He is probably the best 17 year old I have seen. I earmarked him and Brad Clyde as future immortals when they were 18 or 19, but they both has wretched runs with injuries. I am pretty sure Reg Gasnier debuted at 17.