What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 NRL Grand Final - Raiders v Roosters 6/10/19

Eelogical

Referee
Imagine when the robots take over officiating the game. Every call will be correct, no contentious issues to dissect after the game, no need for the bunker or a referee, cut and dried post match forum comments. How exciting will that be?

Eelogical

Referee
Hold up.
Then it would of been a bad reffs call but a fair play if they scored. What happend was Wighton surrended possesion at a critical time of play. This is the issue. Not the right or wrong play. It was a dead play. Of course we do not know what would of happend. The fact is he called 6 again so Wighton surrended. I also feel that the raiders where in a bit of shock and lost concentration after that call for 20 seconds being confused and the Roosters scored.
It happens. Just like early in the second half the Raiders were rucking it out deep in their own territory. A play the ball was almost sideline to sideline, but it was let go. Another time, another team and they would have been pinged.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Roosters don't score off the next set if BJ isn't so casual following the play. All the merkin had to do was run back his ten with the ball carrier and tackle some merkin from behind as he comes on side.

As it is he jogged back to the line leaving his mates to do the work.

Noise

Coach
Roosters don't score off the next set if BJ isn't so casual following the play. All the merkin had to do was run back his ten with the ball carrier and tackle some merkin from behind as he comes on side.

As it is he jogged back to the line leaving his mates to do the work.
Yep, Leilua cost them twice. That defensive play as well as blowing a try by showing a complete inability to execute a simple draw and pass.

hindy111

Post Whore
All in all it was a great game of footy.
Both teams showed spirit and plenty of heart. An excellent grand final that I enjoyed.
The more skillfull team one in the end. Just a bit to much class.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Seriously

Cordner's foot is on the line before he touches it, which means when the ball touches him it's dead.

No different from catching the ball with your foot in touch. merkins should learn the f**king rules before they have a whinge.

If Cordner had been a defender and touched the ball like that, he would have been deemed to have taken it dead. Is the rule different for an attacker?

No, he's already dead as his foot is on the line before the ball touches him.
Yeah but behind the in goal, if a defender touches the ball when they are in touch, but before it hits the ground, they are ruled as having put the ball into touch. So when an attacking player does the same then it should be a 20m restart. Unless the rules are different for attackers and defenders. But I've never heard of that.

T.S Quint

Coach
Cordner's foot is on the line before he touches it, which means when the ball touches him it's dead.

No different from catching the ball with your foot in touch. merkins should learn the f**king rules before they have a whinge.

Wasn’t Luke Phillips a referee at one stage?
He’s just making shit worse!

T.S Quint

Coach
He's been a liability for them for years. I can't believe Ricky perseveres with him.

Because he’s an absolutely damaging attacking player a lot of the time. It’s about weighing up the good against the bad, and it seems Ricky is ok with all those bone-headed plays as long as he keeps running over merkins.

strider

Post Whore
Yeah but behind the in goal, if a defender touches the ball when they are in touch, but before it hits the ground, they are ruled as having put the ball into touch. So when an attacking player does the same then it should be a 20m restart. Unless the rules are different for attackers and defenders. But I've never heard of that.
yeah, there was a case a few weeks ago where the ball was past the dead ball line and an attacker grabbed it before hitting the ground and the refs ruled he had taken it dead - no other player nearby to make a play at it

I had thought it was ref's discretion if the ball was well past the dead ball line .... but I'm not sure anymore

yeah, there was a case a few weeks ago where the ball was past the dead ball line and an attacker grabbed it before hitting the ground and the refs ruled he had taken it dead - no other player nearby to make a play at it

I had thought it was ref's discretion if the ball was well past the dead ball line .... but I'm not sure anymore
I'm guessing that player wasn't in touch already. Cos reading that tweet it seems there are different rules for attackers and defenders.

EGRGGdEUwAEwWoe

Latest posts