What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

*AEW Chat*

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Interesting booking decisions ahead for the next episode.

Spears vs Moxley. Obvious Omega interference incoming, but these are two guys who should be built up as headliners for the company. It's too early for either to take a hit.

Havoc vs Allin for a title shot against Jericho....what? Have I missed something that makes this less random somehow?

This is the opposite of the Spears/Moxley situation where these guys are thrown into the title picture before they should be.

Loved the second show, and though the rating slid, its probably more to do with the baseball. Looking forward to next week's already.

mackdadday

Juniors
I thought that AEW Dynaite was by far the superior show this week. It really has that old nitro special feel to it while adding their own awesome elements. They have won me over if they can keep this up.

The Bucks/PP match was a fire match to open...the result caught me offguard but golly I'm looking forward to their showdown with the Luchas in the semis (providing they get through). The otherside...f**k me days the Dark Order better have been hitting the gym these past few weeks...SCU to put them out to pastures ideally!

How, in the absolute flying f**k, is someone like Marko Stunt allowed not only to get in a successful hit on Pentagon Jr, but allowed to look legitimately competitive against the Lucha Bros?!?!?!

mackdadday

Juniors
I thought it was another top knotch show other than Rhio being completely unbelievable as champ. Darby being taped and pulling off those moves was a sight to see.

Yeah I enjoyed it too, probably not as much as last week's but it was a good effort for sure. Plenty of action. WOuld like to have seen LAX cut the promo on the Bucks instead of Jericho, but it didnt ruin anything. I agree re. Riho. I like her a lot, but I think they rushed her into being champ. They didnt let us (the not so smart fans) get to know her and really root for her as an underdog. She's booked as being small and therefore David, but shes like undefeated in AEW thus far...fans are clearly a bit miffed too. Hell of an athlete though.

As for Luchas/JE...I didn't bother me too much. Luchas booked as the bullies, a little bit of 'fluke' offence from the JE was always gonna happen. I thought it was fine.

Match of the night was the opener for sure.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So, if anyone doubts whether Chris Jericho is the GOAT, I'll remind you of this, which he said on the 23.10.19 edition of Dynamite:

(MJF walks out, with his trademark scarf)

Jericho: "Who even wears a scarf?"

f**king lol!

Jericho is the best!

AEW is something else, man - it's one thing to have superstars like Omega, Moxley, Jericho, and Cody Rhodes - but what I truly love about AEW is that they give genuine wrestlers a chance to shine, regardless of their look.

Joey Janela, and Darby Allin, would never get a go in the WWE, because they're "too small" - yet, they go out there every week, and put on 5-star matches.

I love AEW.