What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 2019 Thread

84 Baby

Referee
I haven’t paid any attention to Supercars this year but I always watch Bathurst.
Will a Mustang win? Will a real mustang invade the course?

Gronk

Staff member
Q: Why do merkins give a crap about Holden or Ford when they are no longer manufactured here?

Gronk

Staff member
Should we not cheer on Drown as well then?
Most of the Wallabies aren’t produced here but you are happy to cheer on them.

OK I get that. Obviously merkins still support Holden or Ford because the current cars are loosely derived from and have Ford or Holden roots.

I guess it's like supporting the West Tigers or some other merged outfit. You either go with it or drop off.

How come the Mercedes AMG Erebus E63 is not starting this year ?

upload_2019-10-8_9-59-12.png

Eelogical

Referee
I haven’t paid any attention to Supercars this year but I always watch Bathurst.
Will a Mustang win? Will a real mustang invade the course?
I've lost interest to the point where I might watch Bathurst if I've got nothing better to do. The series has lost such relevance to me that I haven't watched one race this year, and only a handful of races the previous couple of years. Holden won't sell one more Commodore if they win Bathurst, (which was the intention of the race in the first place). They won it last year and here they are 12 months later with their worst sales month since 1948. You can't even buy a new V8 Commodore anymore FFS. People want SUV's and trucks these days. The race itself is still watchable, but a must only for the sport's enthusiasts.

Gronk

Staff member
I've lost interest to the point where I might watch Bathurst if I've got nothing better to do. The series has lost such relevance to me that I haven't watched one race this year, and only a handful of races the previous couple of years. Holden won't sell one more Commodore if they win Bathurst, (which was the intention of the race in the first place). They won it last year and here they are 12 months later with their worst sales month since 1948. You can't even buy a new V8 Commodore anymore FFS. People want SUV's and trucks these days. The race itself is still watchable, but a must only for the sport's enthusiasts.

I used to like the old Bathurst race when they had all the categories on the track at once. This race seems strange when there will only be 20 cars on the track.

Eelogical

Referee
I used to like the old Bathurst race when they had all the categories on the track at once. This race seems strange when there will only be 20 cars on the track.
26, actually. I think most people feel the same about Bathurst these days. A spectacle that means not much once the race is done and dusted. If they wanted to take this race back to it's origins there would be SUV's, small medium and large road cars entered in their respective categories like you mentioned.

84 Baby

Referee
26, actually. I think most people feel the same about Bathurst these days. A spectacle that means not much once the race is done and dusted. If they wanted to take this race back to it's origins there would be SUV's, small medium and large road cars entered in their respective categories like you mentioned.
Agreed that it’s not quite what it once was but still every year they race and race and those final 10 laps come up and there’s still always the potential for drama. It’s that more than anything that draws people in, to race so long and still have the potential for it to f**k up on the last corner

Eelogical

Referee
Agreed that it’s not quite what it once was but still every year they race and race and those final 10 laps come up and there’s still always the potential for drama. It’s that more than anything that draws people in, to race so long and still have the potential for it to f**k up on the last corner
No issues with this, just saying it's got nothing to do with its original intention these days. That could also be said about the Supercars series as a whole. NRL and Supercars actually try to control their respective sport in similar ways. Salary cap and parity. Neither have been successful at it as most fans see the same teams in both sports dominated by mega teams with others making up the numbers.

hindy111

Post Whore
So what's peoples favourite chicken?

I'm eating a chicken schnitzel on a sandwich as we speak.

Gary you seem like a Chicken stew kinda guy

Latest posts