What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

roofromoz

First Grade
Someone mentioned earlier that they've warmed to the idea of the JWH signing. I'm definitely in that boat too.

Dude was unlucky not to win the CC. When was the last time we signed someone like that?

Not CC but Preston Campbell had won the Dally M a couple of years before arriving at Penrith.

EDIT - Paul Dunn was the medalist in 1988, came to Penrith in 1991. Brent Kite won it in 2008, came to Penrith in 2014.

maple_69

Bench
I’d prefer a Welch who could strengthen the rotation now as well as transitioning into the forward leader (along with JFH) when Tamou retires and Leniu is nicely seasoned. JWH means we’d lose two old heads around the same time. If it’s a two year deal though we could fill in the experience gap later.

Grabbing a few more fringe first graders with upside is a must as well. Would love to grab any of Izaia Perese, Lachlan Timm, Nicholls/Williams/Keighran, Harry Grant, Billy Brittain or Mawene Hiroti.

Pomoz

Bench
I guess the point I was trying to make was that you could give Ivan the Roosters' or Storm's 2019 roster and they wouldn't be a Top 4 team. I think he's incapable of setting the high standards required of the players, not just at training but away from the club also.

Sadly, I think most here understand it too - Ivan wouldn't know how to build a team to a comp. You could give him all the pieces of a premiership team but he'd be more focused on who he doesn't have, or who's injured, rather than developing what he has into a unit with a single focus to be The Best by setting the highest performance standards.

He, and this club, needs to lose the "battler" mentality/perception. Elite players don't want to sign for battlers when they can sign for an elite/successful club instead. The club needs to be doing what needs doing to be The Best. But Brian, Dave & his mate are all used to being battlers, so even though they're running the club they probably don't even recognise that there is an alternative approach. And that it starts with them.
This +1000. 42 years of a battler mentality is hard to shift.

Bob

Juniors
I’d prefer a Welch who could strengthen the rotation now as well as transitioning into the forward leader (along with JFH) when Tamou retires and Leniu is nicely seasoned. JWH means we’d lose two old heads around the same time. If it’s a two year deal though we could fill in the experience gap later.

Grabbing a few more fringe first graders with upside is a must as well. Would love to grab any of Izaia Perese, Lachlan Timm, Nicholls/Williams/Keighran, Harry Grant, Billy Brittain or Mawene Hiroti.
I’m with you on this, Timm would be a good acquisition, I’d try and pick up enari Tuala cowboys right centre and Jai Field, a little small but a good ball playing fullback for the drags

The Realist

Juniors
Someone mentioned earlier that they've warmed to the idea of the JWH signing. I'm definitely in that boat too.

Dude was unlucky not to win the CC. When was the last time we signed someone like that?

We signed Brent Kite who has won a CC in a winning effort, though admittedly we got him 6 years after, and well and truly out of his prime.

DrStange

Juniors
Trent Robinson just confirmed on channel 9 news that JWH will be resigned by the Roosters and won’t be going anywhere . Next ...

age.s

First Grade
Woods went from being massively overrated to being moderately underrated. Decent player who'd offer something a bit different from the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.