What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 GF | PREMIERS - Roosters 14-8 Raiders @ ANZ

Grand Final: Roosters v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GAZF

First Grade
having had a day to settle down and re-watch the match sober, i'm in a better position to analyse the game rather than joining the mob with my pitchfork.

the second try was bad too. ignore the 6 again call reversal. coaches demand accountability from players and Ricky Stuart would've been livid at the breakdown of fundamental process on the Tedesco try.

After making a good one-on-one tackle on Cordner on the 4th, he lays behind the ruck. no other Canberra player takes up the mark so Keary has the opportunity to scoot from acting half and make a play on the short-side where he can exploit the Roosters advantage. With Leilua out of the defensive line and no markers to impede his run, Keary runs the gap between the the stand-in 3-man (Bateman) and 2-man (Rapana). He draws Rapana, passes to Mitchell who draws in the wing defender (Sezer), who gets the flick pass out to Tupou. rest is history.

Raiders picked a bad time to switch off, i.e, Keary near the ball. Perhaps if it were Mitchell, Tupou, anyone else at acting half, the result may have been different. Keary is going to exploit anything you give him.
The re-shuffle with CNK going off injured didn't help.

I couldn't give a shit who skeepe is talking about.

Radley came in both late (what he was actually penalised for) and used his leg to trip up Wighton. Wasn't cited by MRC.

Then why reply to my post which was a reply to skeepe's? Your comments had nothing to do with what we were talking about, which was an alleged trip by Luke Keary. You're the one who has the problem not me.

7e4.jpg

Last edited:

YoHadrian

Juniors
I've decided that all male referees must be replaced with female refs.

Such blatant change of mind whilst denying that a change of mind ever occurred can only lead me to assume that Ben Cummins has had a sex change.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Thing is, he still collects him, and hits his kicking leg. I know he was trying to charge the ball down, but every other match, that would have been a penalty for dangerous contact with a kicker's legs.

"trying" to charge down? the ball hit his head!

contact to legs penalty is usually well after they get the kick away.

YoHadrian

Juniors
Meh, as soon as the Raiders didn't take advantage of Cooper Gronk being off for 10 whole minutes it was a foregone conclusion that the chooks were going to score again at some point.

King hit

Coach
Meh, as soon as the Raiders didn't take advantage of Cooper Gronk being off for 10 whole minutes it was a foregone conclusion that the chooks were going to score again at some point.

Exactly right. If Canberra were good enough they would’ve taken this game with the opportunities they had especially with an extra player on the field. I was even wondering why they were going to get the set restarted as I thought the ball came of a Canberra player I’ve even found a photo with proof that happened so they shouldn’t have even had the ball then anyway.

It’s just emotion taking over reality

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Exactly right. If Canberra were good enough they would’ve taken this game with the opportunities they had especially with an extra player on the field. I was even wondering why they were going to get the set restarted as I thought the ball came of a Canberra player I’ve even found a photo with proof that happened so they shouldn’t have even had the ball then anyway.

Go the Broncos!!!!!

Spot On

Coach
Thing is, he still collects him, and hits his kicking leg. I know he was trying to charge the ball down, but every other match, that would have been a penalty for dangerous contact with a kicker's legs.

Correct.

Should have been a penalty to Roosters. That should not need explaining.

Roosters are Premiers. Even with a very dubious sin binning decision they were too good on the night. That was an absolute gift for Canberra but they could not create points v 12 men.

Canberra had plenty of opportunity but weren't good enough as has been pointed out. A couple of major blunders from BJ and Tapine cost them dearly.

This was not the only game in the final series with refereeing controversy.

Souths were given saloon passage imo with incredibly good fortune or very luck refereeing decisions v Manly.

The attrocious call on Vunivalu v Canberra. That was disgraceful. Melbourne had the opportunity to win that game taken away. Similar to the Cummins error. But we all moved on.

Karma in the GF possibly?

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach

Of course there’s emotion involved. Why else would we follow teams so fanatically?

It’s not that Canberra would have definitely scored, As I said before, I think that the Roosters had broken their attack through their relentless defensive effort.

The issue is that the refs took away the narrative because they’re f**king useless. It’s such an amateurish f**k up.

Danish

Referee
Watching the replay yet again...

I must say, the best young centre in the game actually had a f**king blinder of a game. He shut Manu down all night, kick chase was relentless, and he made one of the all time greatest try savers on Mitchell in the first half.

Raiders really did make a fine account for themselves. It was a spectacular grand final.

hopefully they keep building on it into next year. Would much rather see the raiders fighting for the minor premiership with us than the f**king storm or bunnies

Last edited:

Hutty1986

Immortal

I must say, the best young centre in the game actually had a f**king blunder of a game. He shut Manu down all night, kick chase was relentless, and he made one of the all time greatest try savers on Mitchell in the first half.

Raiders really did make a fine account for themselves. It was a spectacular grand final.

hopefully they keep building on it into next year. Would much rather see the raiders fighting for the minor premiership with us than the f**king storm or bunnies
I reckon those errors he made will burn the absolute f**k out of him though. He sets pretty high standards for himself, and always puts in. He'll be devastated i reckon.

Canard

Immortal

I must say, the best young centre in the game actually had a f**king blunder of a game. He shut Manu down all night, kick chase was relentless, and he made one of the all time greatest try savers on Mitchell in the first half.

A blunder of a game? Are you praising or being sarcastic?