What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

gordsy

Juniors
So it was reported Esan will be spending most off season in rehab after he has to have surgery on his ankle.

Probably the reason why he played like a mong this year. Had to get needled up every game apparently
I wonder how that decision is made and justified. Do we needle him up every game and risk him having a bum ankle, do we decided to rehab him for 6 - 10 weeks and then try to nurse him through a season. Or do we say stuff it, let's get tolau in to cover for him. It'd be interesting to know if his contract status has an bearing on this as well. Still I hope he recovers well.

Pezz70

Juniors
Jackson Hastings has had a good year in England, wonder if his attitude has improved. He might be worth a shot at 5/8. He’s a fair sized lad at 6’1 95kg looks bigger and fitter than last time out here, wasn’t a numpty footballer just had a shitty attitude

Vic Mackey

Referee
Jackson Hastings has had a good year in England, wonder if his attitude has improved. He might be worth a shot at 5/8. He’s a fair sized lad at 6’1 95kg looks bigger and fitter than last time out here, wasn’t a numpty footballer just had a shitty attitude

I’ve thought the same, always had the talent was just a bad attitude which seems to have been sorted out. Could be a good option for 5/8 once Benji goes.

gordsy

Juniors
He's with wigan till the end of 2021 from waht I;ve read. If he has a get out close that allows him to come home I reckon he'd be a good buy

WA Tiger

Bench
It’s a time for mourning this morning ...Our hopes and dreams for the year have passed.....and then we had our noses rubbed in it yesterday ..The refs (6 more tackles hang on not 6 more tackles) Cronk, Tadesco and all the Roosters take it up the arse..Thats a fact .... Let us pray f**k !!!!!! Thank you

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
And you can’t tackle a player early regardless..If Cronk hadn’t tackled Papali early technically that’s s penalty try..

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Madge dropped Billy Brittains name in the Live Q&A by mistake last week. He's listed as a departure on the Souths website as is Mawene Hiroti who is a winger that made NSWRL team of the year.

Main forum also said that Zane Musgrove was spotted at end of season drinks which would suggest he'll be back on deck if he can clear his name

The unknown

Juniors
I've been hoping we'd get billy Britain ever since I saw his finals campaign in NSW C. Absolute gun and won reserves player of the year aswell I believe

Madge seems to get the best out of young forwards so if true (musgrove) he's good to go next year he should be a good addition aswell

Vic Mackey

Referee
I've been hoping we'd get billy Britain ever since I saw his finals campaign in NSW C. Absolute gun and won reserves player of the year aswell I believe

Madge seems to get the best out of young forwards so if true (musgrove) he's good to go next year he should be a good addition aswell

We currently have 27 in the squad. I’d say we’ll resign Lawrence and get Musgrove (let’s be serious these guys rarely get found guilty) then Britain would be a decent last one.

It’s pretty obvious Matterson won’t be here and Matulino will likely retire which would give us about $1mil for 2 players. I’d love to try and get a genuine strike back and then another prop.

The unknown

Juniors
We currently have 27 in the squad. I’d say we’ll resign Lawrence and get Musgrove (let’s be serious these guys rarely get found guilty) then Britain would be a decent last one.

It’s pretty obvious Matterson won’t be here and Matulino will likely retire which would give us about $1mil for 2 players. I’d love to try and get a genuine strike back and then another prop.

Well I'm pretty sure walker got off Scott free despite their apparently being damning evidence so there's that.

What's the deal with Brimson? he could be the strike player we need

Vic Mackey

Referee
Well I'm pretty sure walker got off Scott free despite their apparently being damning evidence so there's that.

What's the deal with Brimson? he could be the strike player we need

The balls in our court re Matterson. We got a favorable outcome from Cleary, I trust us to do the same in this instance too.

macnaz

Staff member
It was announced earlier but now the official statement.
I cant think of enough positive's and adjectives to express my admiration for Benji. If I thought his commitment and onfield performances werent up to scratch I'd be the 1st to be critical of his re signing.
2019 he has been fantastic on the field and without him we wouldnt have even made the repetitive 9th position.
We have some new young signings coming through in the halves who I'm sure would have grown up with Benji as an inspiration to play NRL .
HE IS WESTSTIGERS , and I hope he can help all new comers to the club to understand and buy into our history and what the place has and means to those that have come before them.
Benji Marshall.... thanks for your loyalty..

Matterson ... eat shit

macnaz

Staff member
Honestly as a joint venture we are very lucky to have Leader ,Role model, legend or how over you would like to call it.
Benji has been 100% Weststigers . No Balmain and No Wests ... his skill and step has been something no player had ever seen before , his style has been copied by the THOUSANDS and we as a club have the privilege to show case him as OURS and who we are.
Dinky Di . Weststigers and NRL champion and he represents our club brilliantly..
All clubs history and pride is generated by special players and people...and Benji is one of the best.

The unknown

Juniors
Esan Marsters officially gone, tbh I'm not gutted about it but I could see him carving up at another club because that's generally what happens