What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

martielang

Bench
I’d take Woods in a heartbeat. Someone that can create second phase play in the middle would be more than welcome.

Should be significantly cheaper then JWH as well.

Moylan, meh. Took the piss out of our club once, could see him doing it again.

Kilkenny

Coach
Trent Robinson just confirmed on channel 9 news that JWH will be resigned by the Roosters and won’t be going anywhere . Next ...
Was it ever really in doubt.

Beat up rumours from media pundits.

Believe half of the rumours from the media sources and divide by 10 and that may deliver how many actually turn out to be true.

franklin2323

Immortal
Was it ever really in doubt.

Beat up rumours from media pundits.

Believe half of the rumours from the media sources and divide by 10 and that may deliver how many actually turn out to be true.

They need to pretty much double Latrell's contract. A few other clubs in the same boat journos know this and are just throwing names out until movement actually happens

Kilkenny

Coach
I’d take Woods in a heartbeat. Someone that can create second phase play in the middle would be more than welcome.

The Sharks clearly have salary cap issues but while Moylan is surplus to requirements he ain’t ever coming back to the Panthers. He really hasn’t delivered anything special on a consistent basis for a long time now and his future can only be the ESL. There are no NRL clubs who would be prepared to take Moylan on unless he was prepared to take a huge pay cut and that is not gonna happen. Woods would be good value but he is on big money and even if the Sharks kick in I’m not sure we should be spending our money on him.

Fangs

Coach
Woods - Decent club level, still capable of some very lazy moments. Particularly in defence. Will manage to piss many supporters off all year round.

Moylan - Yes, he will bring this forum to life again.

Kilkenny

Coach
Woods - Decent club level, still capable of some very lazy moments. Particularly in defence. Will manage to piss many supporters off all year round.

Moylan - Yes, he will bring this forum to life again.

I kinda understand the Moylan man love but at the end of the day his highlights reel over his entire career is relatively underwhelming and surely given we have better fullbacks and Burton/Luai as five eights I’m not sure why we would even consider for a moment considering bringing Moylan back.

Kilkenny

Coach
Moylan will be ESL

If he can overcome his hamstring issues he would enjoy his time in the ESL.

The weather is not great in the North of England but for a single man it is not a bad lifestyle. When you look at the fact Blake Austin, Jackson Hastings and Lachlan Coote were the three highest rating players in the ESL this season you would think Moylan could perform well if he can get himself injury free.

franklin2323

Immortal
If he can overcome his hamstring issues he would enjoy his time in the ESL.

The weather is not great in the North of England but for a single man it is not a bad lifestyle. When you look at the fact Blake Austin, Jackson Hastings and Lachlan Coote were the three highest rating players in the ESL this season you would think Moylan could perform well if he can get himself injury free.

The laid back attitude to training would suit him better

Flashstep

Juniors
No thanks to woods, we don’t need a lazy and slow prop who has no impact, it’s taken us years to get something out of Tamou, Woods would just be like that but much worse since he’s a liability in defence as well.

If we do sign a prop we need someone that actually provides impact by bending the line and getting fast play the balls, JWH would have been perfect but looks like we will miss out on him. Woods is decent at is running backwards into the defensive line and giving offloads sometimes but other than that he jogs into the defensive line then falls to the ground as soon as he feels a hand touch him.

BxTom

Bench

So if we go after Moylan, who fills in for the games that he doesn't feel like playing? A lot of the clowns on here blamed Hook for Moylan's attitude whilst here. Was it Hook's fault that his attitude is the same at the Sharks too?? They obviously want him gone..

Alintheeast

Juniors
Most of the guys that would be eligible aren't Australian so not a shock to me
Nothing shocks in NRL, change the eligibility for Junior Kangaroos, no worries so no Lenieu or Crichton. I was thinking Brian To’o, Edwards perhaps. Would have been interesting to see what Too could do outside Ponga and a quality center. Leota is better than Flegler also.

The yak

Juniors
I said some of you lot were getting carried away. Blade said lower our expectations. JWH would have exceeded those.
The Mole once again proves he is a dud.

Crashtest

Juniors
I'd be surprised if Woods played under Ivan again. He jumped off the Ivan bus at the Tigers.

He had already made up his mind to leave before Ivan got there. Wanted to go to a stronger club to play finals footy...but was too stupid to see the ship was already sinking at Canterbury.

martielang

Bench
f**k no to woods, the most overrated player going round.

Don’t you need to be rated to be overrated? Everyone has gone studs up on him even since a poor Origin series a few years back. If anything he’s underrated imo, although his pay cheque may suggest otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.