What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Coffs dragon

Bench
You got to admire Trent Robinson as he just seems such a deep thinker of the game & always seems to be 1 step ahead in planning & preparation.
Our Peanut is a one dimensional deep stinker with limited idea and yet keeps on keeping on, propped up by mates in high places.
Is it any wonder the great Gus advises we have a lack of culture, when we have nongs running the place!

You got to admire Trent Robinson as he just seems such a deep thinker of the game & always seems to be 1 step ahead in planning & preparation.
Our Peanut is a one dimensional deep stinker with limited idea and yet keeps on keeping on, propped up by mates in high places.
Is it any wonder the great Gus advises we have a lack of culture, when we have nongs running the place!
Have not heard the expression 'nong' for a good time but it aptly applies in the plural to the coach, management structure in this club. If the current lot in charge of running the outfit stay in place it signals doom.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I want Mary gone but to be fair, Flanno sounds like a done deal. He used the words "we" and "us" when talking about the Dragons yesterday.
Flanno also said he had a lengthy off the record chat to Dean Young the assistant coach. That may tell you where our future is heading, as Flanno sits out another 2 years !
I expect he'll be in the front passenger seat telling the driver how to drive and that maybe Deano sooner rather than later.

It’s just a grubby band aid at the moment.

Neither of them will be pleased to have the other dismissing their game plans and tactics from time to time.

Mary will get jealous when the players run to flanno at training for push ups and triple weighted medicine balls instead of a Mary counselling session on the social plight of the endangered Mansurian transsexual mandible challenged lobster.

Flanagan is demonstrably the better coach, he’s the better recruiter, he’s a good communicator, not one for ridiculous excuses, he has recent gf experience and the players quite like him.

He’s sly and very competitive.

Mary is ....well he’s Mary.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
It’s just a grubby band aid at the moment.

Neither of them will be pleased to have the other dismissing their game plans and tactics from time to time.

Mary will get jealous when the players run to flanno at training for push ups and triple weighted medicine balls instead of a Mary counselling session on the social plight of the endangered Mansurian transsexual mandible challenged lobster.

Flanagan is demonstrably the better coach, he’s the better recruiter, he’s a good communicator, not one for ridiculous excuses, he has recent gf experience and the players quite like him.

He’s sly and very competitive.

Mary is ....well he’s Mary.

Yep, can only see things imploding as the season kicks on, however, we can only hope McGregor somehow gets shown the door.

Yep, can only see things imploding as the season kicks on, however, we can only hope McGregor somehow gets shown the door.

Yes, games don’t stop after 30 minutes. He has to go sooner or later.

One of the difficulties is that the “ Mary elite” as I have labelled them, they have a massive dog in the fight now. They are backing him to the bitter end. They have poured their faith, hopes and dreams into rugby leagues coaching version of uncle fester.

It’s a massive loss of face for them, but they continue to tough it out.

They are hoping for a miracle season 2020 but do so with:

A. More hopeless coaching
B. Less talent, while most other clubs are improving their stocks.
C. An unsettled squad and the close to total collapse in performance of formerly elite players.
D. A rapidly imploding membership and Fan base.
E. A poor review and a coaching assistant with his hands tied.

Somehow, they are going to jag together enough success to keep Mary at the helm.

Talk about optimistic!

BJ should have resigned after this season. His tenure has been nothing but misery and failure at every single level.

He can go back to ripping people off in the decrepit and immoral insurance game.

I was just reading about the sgi side next year.

Apparently Mary is lining up young Tristan to take up a meaningful marquee position in the side on a full time basis halves and/or fullback

He’s barely out of puberty, only played a couple of games and right now, he has a number of mistakes in him.

I would have thought that the best way to bring a younger player into the game is slowly but surely.

So Mary gives him a high pressure position where the entire eyes of the league are upon him.

We all know the story here. A few bad games and his confidence and self esteem are incinerated.

He’s a bright, talented and happy kid now.

What will a full season under Mary do for him?

I shudder to think.

He will most likely be burnt out and by round 7 if he lasts that long under the extreme pressure of the start of the season where players are strong, willing and the playing with serious injuries is more scarce.

Fester will make him captain.

Last edited:

71saintsimon

Juniors
I was just reading about the sgi side next year.

Apparently Mary is lining up young Tristan to take up a meaningful marquee position in the side on a full time basis halves and/or fullback

He’s barely out of puberty, only played a couple of games and right now, he has a number of mistakes in him.

I would have thought that the best way to bring a younger player into the game is slowly but surely.

So Mary gives him a high pressure position where the entire eyes of the league are upon him.

We all know the story here. A few bad games and his confidence and self esteem are incinerated.

He’s a bright, talented and happy kid now.

What will a full season under Mary do for him?

I shudder to think.

He will most likely be burnt out and by round 7 if he lasts that long under the extreme pressure of the start of the season where players are strong, willing and the playing with serious injuries is more scarce.

Fester will make him captain.
If rumours are correct and Shane Flanagan is coming then I highly doubt uncle fester wil be making the big calls surely this regime that resigned fester ain’t that dumb

If rumours are correct and Shane Flanagan is coming then I highly doubt uncle fester wil be making the big calls surely this regime that resigned fester ain’t that dumb

I’m afraid you’ve answered your own question about the regime. They got carried away with a handful of wins and don’t understand coaching.

Flanagan and Fester will keep up appearances but there will always be a sense of “ Mary being the coach by friends, not by merit” underlying their professional relationship. They have to grin and bear it publically.

If Flanagan is smart, he will quietly ensure the team continues its slide and grasp his opportunity to secure the great prize the job is.

The good news is that Flanno is an admitted cheat and sleeps with one eye open.

Bring on the darkness, let evil rise, sell your soul to:

Sack Mary.

Whatever it takes.