What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 ladder

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Eels
2. Raiders
3. Storm
4. Roosters
5. Sea Eagles
6. Panthers
7. Tigers
8. Knights

9. Bulldogs
10. Rabbitohs
11. Broncos
12. Dragons
13. Cowboys
14. Sharks
15. Warriors
16. Titans

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Storm
Raiders
Roosters
Sea Eagles
Eels
Sharks
Broncos
Panthers

Rabbitohs
Bulldogs
Knights
Tigers
Dragons
Warriors
Cowboys
Titans

GF Storm v Raiders

Premiers Raiders

Vic Mackey

Referee
Compared to the last 2 years there hasn’t been much player movement so it will be interesting to see if there’s much change in the ladder. I mean Api Korisau moving to Penrith genuinely looks like the highest profile signing so far. I’m sure a few are still to come.

There’s a few decent retirees in Cronk, Gallen, Farah, Sutton then Maloney and Widdop heading to ESL and none have been replaced by anyone of note.

Even with coaches there’s only 2 new ones, compared to 6 at the start of this year.

The turn over in the top 8 historically is 4 sides, there’s always someone crashing and burning along with a surprise packet or two. To me the most likely to crash and burn are the Eels and Raiders, purely because they’ve done it before. However I’m struggling to pick a side from outside the 8 who’s capable of storming in?

horrie hastings

First Grade
Canberra and Manly heading upwards. Roosters will slip a bit with Cronk's organising gone but should still be around the top 4 , it depends on how Kyle Flanagan comes along and a combination with Keary works and if Keary stays fit.
South's will probably just make up the numbers again, reckon Storm wont be minor premiers but still finish around top 4.
Canterbury to be the big improvers.
Dragons, Knights and Titans to continue their poor run
Panthers and Tigers to give their fans hope then let them down, then get their hopes again, just like this year.
Parra somewhere between 3rd and 6th.
Sharks somewhere between 5-8. Warriors could do something but will probably just disappoint again.
Brisbane and Cowboys don't know. Would like to see the Cowboys finish higher up than this year, cannot see Brisbane improving at all.

Lambretta

First Grade
The Tigers have 9th or 10th on seven occasions in the past 13 seasons

On four of the other six occasions they have finished 13th, 14th or 15th and probably within 2 points of their spiritual finish

Anyone not tipping them to finish 9th needs to go back to the drawing board

skeepe

Immortal
It seems like there’s always a team that comes from nowhere to make the top 4, I think next year will be no different.

1. Canberra Raiders
2. Wests Tigers
3. Sydney Roosters
4. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
5. New Zealand Warriors
6. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
7. Parramatta Eels
8. South Sydney Rabbitohs
9. Melbourne Storm
10. North Queensland Cowboys
11. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
12. Brisbane Broncos
13. Penrith Panthers
14. Newcastle Knights
15. Gold Coast Titans
16. St. George-Illawarra Dragons

It seems like there’s always a team that comes from nowhere to make the top 4, I think next year will be no different.

1. Canberra Raiders
2. Wests Tigers
3. Sydney Roosters
4. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
5. New Zealand Warriors
6. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
7. Parramatta Eels
8. South Sydney Rabbitohs
9. Melbourne Storm
10. North Queensland Cowboys
11. Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks
12. Brisbane Broncos
13. Penrith Panthers
14. Newcastle Knights
15. Gold Coast Titans
16. St. George-Illawarra Dragons

Looking at this, you’ve got Smith retiring, Warriors finding a backbone, Seibold getting fired at years end and Tigers getting their shit together? A lot to ask for in one off season. I like it!