What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Surely we can aim a little higher
How about spending retention money in more important areas? A big money edge forward would be nice but mightn't be necessary. The Roosters just won back-to-back premierships with Roy Aubusson in the second roe. Would anyone be excited if we signed him? Were the Roosters not 'aiming high' by keeping him in their top 17? Did he hold them back?

Noise

Coach
How about spending retention money in more important areas? A big money edge forward would be nice but mightn't be necessary. The Roosters just won back-to-back premierships with Roy Aubusson in the second roe. Would anyone be excited if we signed him? Were the Roosters not 'aiming high' by keeping him in their top 17? Did he hold them back?
They also had one of the best edge forwards in the game (a big money edge forward) on the other side of the field. We do not. We have a decent one in Lane but not elite. I think every premiership winning team in the last 5 years has had an origin level edge forward.

84 Baby

Referee
Was waiting for someone to bring Aubusson up. Similar skill, similar age and similar total games. But Aubussons 22 finals including 4 grand finals experience makes up for the relative lack in skill more than Lawrence. He still isn’t IMO the leadership type we need, but he’s got experience we could use in spades over Lawrence.
Edit - which of them would have more likely provided better impact in that last game against Scum?

Was waiting for someone to bring Aubusson up. Similar skill, similar age and similar total games. But Aubussons 22 finals including 4 grand finals experience makes up for the relative lack in skill more than Lawrence. He still isn’t IMO the leadership type we need, but he’s got experience we could use in spades over Lawrence.
Edit - which of them would have more likely provided better impact in that last game against Scum?

Aubusson has also done very well for a blind bloke. He definitely should be handled with care.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
They also had one of the best edge forwards in the game (a big money edge forward) on the other side of the field. We do not. We have a decent one in Lane but not elite. I think every premiership winning team in the last 5 years has had an origin level edge forward.
Lane is Origin level. If he's in a team that wins all the time he'll play Origin.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Wade Graham at least won’t stifle our attack and do ridiculous hitups on the 2nd and 4th that do nothing.

Brown takes the hit-up on the 4th because he usually gets a quick play the ball, when he was out injured Gutho was taking nothing hit-ups on the 4th...because he also usually gets quick play the balls in that situation.

Noise

Coach
Brown takes the hit-up on the 4th because he usually gets a quick play the ball, when he was out injured Gutho was taking nothing hit-ups on the 4th...because he also usually gets quick play the balls in that situation.
Where can you get individual play the ball speed stats?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Lawrence is an extremely old 31 yr old.

and will he improve our squad ? debatable at best

we should be looking at players that will improve our squad not just gap fillers

some of the names being discussed are not really raising the bar at all

I’m depressed that I’m old enough to get that joke. And find it amusing.

I've never got the song out of my head. I was on exercise with the infantry at the time that it first came out and I spent a long night trying to sleep in the bush, with that f**king chorus going round in my head. It still bugs me today if I wake up and can't sleep.