What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 month countdown.........

Perth Red

Post Whore
My point is and always has been.When you expand you have to have all Ts crossed and Is dotted.GC was going great guns until they got screwed by overcommitting on their new C of E.

Yeh, not sure how you can avoid that other than the NRL keeping some level of Governance of a new club (maybe a seat on the board for first few years?). But then how much trust do we have in NRL management in all honesty to be able to successfully govern a club?

As you said Titans downfall has been poor management decisions and taking a big risk, in essence running before they could walk. Maybe for $3mil a year on top of grant the NRL keeps some level of governance? Then again you'd get fans saying they were playing favourites so cant really win!

tri_colours

Juniors
You want a team in Adelaide Hello Roosters hand them South Australia lets see how they go having to get their own juniors not thieve everyone else's
Then we will see how there crack coach goes starting from scratch, rebuilding a team

South Australian Rabbitohs has a nice ring to it!

Diesel

Referee
Sounds like they’re a few months offf an expansion/foot print decision but he did say they are at the beginning of this process.
Also, the $2b for stadiums isn’t enough, the NRL want more for suburban grounds and it sounds like they’re after a lot more cash to upgrade the “must haves”.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sounds like they’re a few months offf an expansion/foot print decision but he did say they are at the beginning of this process.
Also, the $2b for stadiums isn’t enough, the NRL want more for suburban grounds and it sounds like they’re after a lot more cash to upgrade the “must haves”.

Doesn’t bode well for any serious tilt at expansion. But then again I’m not surprised, I called it when the media started bigging expansion up again. We’ll be lucky if we get another Brisbane team in next 4 years, perth, adelaide etc aren’t going to happen imo.

MugaB

Coach
Add another 2 months to that topic headline, not to worry V'landy's looks like he is solid in his mindset regarding the footprint, seems he is blunt saying no one is being relocated etc, and wants to fix up all suburban grounds.
His press conference was good, wish i could see the full video tho, we only got snippets

taipan

Referee
Doesn’t bode well for any serious tilt at expansion. But then again I’m not surprised, I called it when the media started bigging expansion up again. We’ll be lucky if we get another Brisbane team in next 4 years, perth, adelaide etc aren’t going to happen imo.

IMO His comments appear to be enthusiastic about growing the game from grassroots up(and included in that the footprint expansion).Then again I believe in the power of positive thinking.
He has openly made the admission the refereeing at times is ordinary, and the game is at times predictable.None of his predecessors made those points.
If he gets half his intentions right, the game will be far better than it is now.

Diesel

Referee
IMO His comments appear to be enthusiastic about growing the game from grassroots up(and included in that the footprint expansion).Then again I believe in the power of positive thinking.
He has openly made the admission the refereeing at times is ordinary, and the game is at times predictable.None of his predecessors made those points.
If he gets half his intentions right, the game will be far better than it is now.
Perhaps Perth Red needs to be like V’Landys and be more positive

MrE_Assassin

Juniors
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/31/vlandys-to-focus-on-referees-revamp-in-new-role/

Will any team be forced into relocation as part of the game’s expansion plans?
There are fears amongst fans that some teams may be forced to relocate, however in his second day in charge V’landys allayed those concerns.

“There will be no team in Sydney or Queensland that will be relocated,” V’landys said.

If we pursue expansion, it will be a new franchise. Every brand of club in Sydney or Queensland is secure. We are not looking to relocate anyone. We will stress that. I can tell you from around the table there is no team that will be moved or relocated. Totally agree with Peter Beattie and the commission’s decision,” V’landys said

Perth Red

Post Whore

Just a load of spin to make the dt readers feel secure and fuzzy. Of course there will be no relocation, never was going to be, fix the refs? Yeh of course he will, it’s the teams and coaching that are the problem the nrl’s capitulation to media, fix grassroots nice one, how? Sort out suburban grounds, sounds good, just need to convince nsw govt to fork out $400mill more on stadiums that have one, sometime part time tennant. May be one new franchise, wow our vision knows no bounds.

MugaB

Coach
Just a load of spin to make the dt readers feel secure and fuzzy. Of course there will be no relocation, never was going to be, fix the refs? Yeh of course he will, it’s the teams and coaching that are the problem the nrl’s capitulation to media, fix grassroots nice one, how? Sort out suburban grounds, sounds good, just need to convince nsw govt to fork out $400mill more on stadiums that have one, sometime part time tennant. May be one new franchise, wow our vision knows no bounds.
Wow should be called
"PEssimistic Red"

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wow should be called
"PEssimistic Red"

prefer “realistic red”. 40 years of following the game tends to give you a good BS radar lol.
Any of my points you would like to debate based on your different opinion?

MugaB

Coach
prefer “realistic red”. 40 years of following the game tends to give you a good BS radar lol.
Then realistically perth won't be getting their own team for another 10+ years, if you keep hoping against it

Perth Red

Post Whore
Then realistically perth won't be getting their own team for another 10+ years, if you keep hoping against it

It’s not a question of “hope”. I’ll be amazed, very pleased, but amazed if perth gets an nrl team in the next ten years. I can see a Brisbane team coming in sometime in next 4-5 years and possibly a perth team a few years after that. The game is not visionary, brave or strategic, it is incredibly risk averse. this is what I base my opinion on, call it pessimistic if you like but history teaches us many lessons.