What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stadium Averages

beave

Coach
Parra, North Qld and Canberra will see big increases at the beginning of the year and provided their form holds up big crowds will continue.

NQ need common sense applied to their scheduling though mate. The derby in Tvl being a Thursday night probably cost us over $100k in ticket sales alone this year as well as the effect to our crowd averages. I don’t expect my team to have ‘favours’ given to it by any means, but putting the biggest game of the year on a Thursday night when they know people come from all over NQ for it is f**king luncacy. By all means give us a Thursday home game during the year, but not that game.

I also hope the first game at the stadium isn’t vs Brisbane, would be a waste of an already guaranteed big crowd. For history sake make it vs Canterbury again or alternatively put on a Melbourne or Raiders game.

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
And for the psychos who think Roosters should be the only club not allowed to count their biggest game of the season in their crowd average

People think that the ANZAC day SFS game should be different Sydney teams each year and that if it was it would get the same crowd so that's probably where people are coming from in suggesting that the Roosters should not get the credit for that game.

In 2020 there should be a 2pm game at Bankwest and then a 4pm game at Moore Park.

Marlins

Juniors
People think that the ANZAC day SFS game should be different Sydney teams each year and that if it was it would get the same crowd so that's probably where people are coming from in suggesting that the Roosters should not get the credit for that game.

In 2020 there should be a 2pm game at Bankwest and then a 4pm game at Moore Park.

Anzac Day next year should be huge, and yes, three or four games on the day would be awesome, seeing is how it’s on a Saturday.
2pm Newcastle game
4pm Scg clash
6pm Brisbane/Gc game
8pm Melbourne

Would all generate massive crowds

T-Boon

Coach
Anzac Day next year should be huge, and yes, three or four games on the day would be awesome, seeing is how it’s on a Saturday.
2pm Newcastle game
4pm Scg clash
6pm Brisbane/Gc game
8pm Melbourne

Would all generate massive crowds

I would maybe have a game in Auckland rather than Melbourne on ANZAC day since everyone will be at the AFL thing.

greenBV4

Bench
I would maybe have a game in Auckland rather than Melbourne on ANZAC day since everyone will be at the AFL thing.
Melbourne has been hosting an Anzac game against the warriors for a few years now, and it is usually our biggest crowd of the regular season each year

The game starts after the AFL finishes and usually gets a decent walk up crowd

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
It wont be 20000. The old stadium was 20000 and it was never a sell out except for games against the donkeys.

The old stadium was a dump no where near the centre of the city.

The new stadium is a state-of the-art venue in the centre of Townsville. The honeymoon period alone will ensure that it smashes any old Cowboys crowd expectations from their previous stadium... for next year at least.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Melbourne has been hosting an Anzac game against the warriors for a few years now, and it is usually our biggest crowd of the regular season each year

The game starts after the AFL finishes and usually gets a decent walk up crowd
I think Melbourne should always host the roosters on Good Friday too. Get that rivalry going. Or manly.

horrie hastings

First Grade
I think Melbourne should always host the roosters on Good Friday too. Get that rivalry going. Or manly.

At least it won't be the Roosters hosting Storm in Adelaide next year, wonder who the Roosters will play next year in Perth( insert Storm )There was a time when the Roosters had the Good Friday matchs at the SFS for quite a few years running.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
At least it won't be the Roosters hosting Storm in Adelaide next year, wonder who the Roosters will play next year in Perth( insert Storm )There was a time when the Roosters had the Good Friday matchs at the SFS for quite a few years running.
I think a good match for the perth game would be Brisbane or Nz. Lots of Queenslanders and also kiwis living there.

weren’t your sfs Good Friday games against us? I remember them always being a good watch

horrie hastings

First Grade
I think a good match for the perth game would be Brisbane or Nz. Lots of Queenslanders and also kiwis living there.

weren’t your sfs Good Friday games against us? I remember them always being a good watch

Yes they were and I always looked forward to the Good Fridays clashes.

bazza

Referee
What is the timeline for the ANZ stadium redevelopment/demolition?
Will it still be available for regular season games in 2020?

bazza

Referee
Only up till the final State of Origin.
It closes after that.
So looking at around 2 seasons of no rectangular ground in Sydney bigger than BankWest
At least we should get our money's worth out of BankWest in 2021 with I assume a few extra Dogs, Tigers and Souths home games there

Suitman

Post Whore
So looking at around 2 seasons of no rectangular ground in Sydney bigger than BankWest
At least we should get our money's worth out of BankWest in 2021 with I assume a few extra Dogs, Tigers and Souths home games there

Yep.
That's exactly what's going to happen.
I hope the pitch holds up, with all that use, as well as the Wanderers, Matildas, Waratahs, concerts (Elton John and Jimmy Barnes so far) and other subsidiary events such as the 9's, NSWRL grand final and NSWFF grand final.

The state govt is certainly doing well getting plenty of business at Bankwest. This doesn't include corporate functions, weddings etc.....on non-match days.

It's been a great investment by the govt.

LineBall

Juniors
NQ need common sense applied to their scheduling though mate. The derby in Tvl being a Thursday night probably cost us over $100k in ticket sales alone this year as well as the effect to our crowd averages. I don’t expect my team to have ‘favours’ given to it by any means, but putting the biggest game of the year on a Thursday night when they know people come from all over NQ for it is f**king luncacy. By all means give us a Thursday home game during the year, but not that game.

I also hope the first game at the stadium isn’t vs Brisbane, would be a waste of an already guaranteed big crowd. For history sake make it vs Canterbury again or alternatively put on a Melbourne or Raiders game.

Or perhaps whoever normally averages the lowest crowd with the Cowboys? Maybe the Titans? Like you said, first game at new stadium should guarantee a sellout no matter who they play.

beave

Coach
Or perhaps whoever normally averages the lowest crowd with the Cowboys? Maybe the Titans? Like you said, first game at new stadium should guarantee a sellout no matter who they play.

Titans game is normally alright, this year it was a 6pm friday game (f**king moronic scheduling) so it was down a fair bit.

Panthers or Warriors don’t tend to have a massive following up there so maybe one of them?

no name

Coach
Titans game is normally alright, this year it was a 6pm friday game (f**king moronic scheduling) so it was down a fair bit.

Panthers or Warriors don’t tend to have a massive following up there so maybe one of them?
Knowing the NRL, they’ll probably put the stadium opening on a Thursday or Friday 6pm.

beave

Coach
Knowing the NRL, they’ll probably put the stadium opening on a Thursday or Friday 6pm.

this wouldn’t surprise me mate. Even better, make it a Broncos game on a Thursday night.....

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-10_18-4-59.jpeg
    upload_2019-10-10_18-4-59.jpeg
    22.8 KB · Views: 3
  • upload_2019-10-10_18-4-59.png
    upload_2019-10-10_18-4-59.png
    151.3 KB · Views: 1