What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Players on the move.

Rich102

Staff member
REPORTS: 13 NRL PLAYERS OFFERED TO SUPER LEAGUE CLUBS
posted by Jack ConlonSeptember 30, 2019mode_comment0

13 more players from the NRL have been offered to Super League clubs, according to League Express journalist Matthew Shaw.

A raft of Aussie stars have already been linked with moves to Europe and now a fresh batch could be on their way very soon.

Australia international Josh Dugan and New South Wales representative Josh Reynolds are the headline names, with both set to be moved by Cronulla and Wests Tigers respectively due to salary cap pressures.

Kiwi prop Russell Packer and Melbourne forward Christian Welch, who represented Queensland in this year’s State of Origin series, are also being touted for moves to the UK.

Wests Tigers’ 240-game stalwart Chris Lawrence, who we reported last week was considering a Super League move, has also been named.

Aisde from Reynolds, there are three other halfbacks reportedly on the market in the shape of Newcastle’s Mason Lino, Gold Coast’s Ryley Jacks and Canberra’s Sam Williams, the latter of whom played for Catalans in 2014 and Wakefield in 2017.

Former Wakefield and Catalans halfback Sam Williams could return to the UK.
New Zealand Warriors duo Taane Milne (centre) and Sam Lisone (prop) are also available.

The 13 are completed by forward trio Sam McKendry of Penrith, Jack Murchie from Canberra and Brisbane’s Patrick Mago.

As ever, overseas quota spots will restrict how many are able to make the move, while some are also likely to atrract attention from high-spending Championship sides. The only top-flight clubs with quota space are Catalans, Salford, St Helens, Wakefield and Wigan.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/reports-13-nrl-players-offered-to-super-league-clubs-22828/

Rich102

Staff member
Why are we moving Milne on?
And would Reynolds be a good fit here?

Penrose_11

Juniors
Tigers paying Reynolds something like $700K+ a season. If a team went in with a $400 something offer they’d look to take it, Tigs taking up the rest. Possibly one of those bargain buys?? I wouldn’t say no to him as a half back or hooker.
And yes Welch would be a nice addition.

WellsNZ

Juniors
Raised it before but I'd love to see Reynolds here. Injuries are a concern but we're shit so roll the dice. His attitude and effort is everything the Warriors haven't been known for. Been to two Grand Finals, won an Origin series. He'd win the fans very quickly.

And what the f**k at moving Milne along.

BLN2

Juniors
What would Reynolds add on the field at the Warriors? He has always been over rated IMO, he has passion no doubt, but limited ability and is a massive grub, and is a tripping fiend. Doesn't have a great kicking game and isn't a game manager. We already have Nikorima filling that position.

He's also played extremely little in the last 2 years, is on big dollars, and is almost 31. Sounds like a Kearney signing I guess. Would be here already if he was a Kiwi..

We have Niko, Green, CHT as 6's already, assume you'd want him as a hooker? Would probably take him over McCullough to be fair, despite all over the above!

Would like Milne to stick around, but he was nothing special in reserve grade all year despite his 1 good NRL showing. If he goes, as long as it is to promote a promising junior and not some SK plodder signing, I wouldn't mind.

Big Marn

Juniors
yeh, i wouldnt be too impressed if we signed Reynolds. Seems to get injured everytime the wind changes the last couple of years. Had his time in the sun. its over. But with our record of signing hasbeens or neverwases, he probably already has a realtor checking properties in Auckland right this very minute....

hitro

Juniors
What would CNK have been at the Warriors if they had believed in him? Sure fullback is taken and so is wing most of the time, could he have been a mean centre or perhaps stand off? 6 and 1 even 13 seem to be the interchange for freakishly good players. Maybe Roger to 6 could have been an idea. Well the coaching staff couldn't see his potential apparently and we would have to pay a fortune to get him back if he even was open to it. Be interesting to see what the Kiwis do with him and Roger

Big Marn

Juniors
What would CNK have been at the Warriors if they had believed in him? Sure fullback is taken and so is wing most of the time, could he have been a mean centre or perhaps stand off? 6 and 1 even 13 seem to be the interchange for freakishly good players. Maybe Roger to 6 could have been an idea. Well the coaching staff couldn't see his potential apparently and we would have to pay a fortune to get him back if he even was open to it. Be interesting to see what the Kiwis do with him and Roger
I rate it as on a par with Sio Siua Taukeiaho in terms of Warrior blunders.

flippikat

Bench
Any news on where Isaac Luke is going?

I heard talk he might go to the Tigers to link up with Madge - but maybe that's just an assumption because he's Isaac's coach from the Rabbitohs days.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Any news on where Isaac Luke is going?

I heard talk he might go to the Tigers to link up with Madge - but maybe that's just an assumption because he's Isaac's coach from the Rabbitohs days.

I do know his manager mucked around a bit too much with us so Des took the deal off the table

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Are we throwing our hat in the ring for Esan Marsters?

I know it's likely that he's gonna go cowboys, but hopefully we are trying to weasel our way in there, would be a good get

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors

A bit of talk around some of the players estimated value money wise, who are likely to be up for grabs shortly.

Pretty interesting numbers, you'd probably have to chuck another few hundy on any players value to get them to come to NZ tho...

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
It’s pretty funny all the chat around and Jake and Tom, they don’t want to leave where they are, have stated that, and their younger brother is coming through