What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Avenger

Immortal
This merkin rates himself as the breaker of rumours. Personally I think he makes shit up.

This is what’s happening:

They have offered Darius a payout. He has refused. If he doesn’t play a certain number of NRL games he isn’t able to activate the clause for his second year. They think it’s a good deal, he wants to fight for his spot and play on in 2021.

They have enquired about Croft but are more likely to sign Ash Taylor from the Titans.

Fafita has re-signed with them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
McCullough I can see taking the hit and heading elsewhere. It could extend his career a bit. But if Boyd retires there’d be serious questions over the release
Serrrrious questions............

If he starts work as a glassy at the Bronco leagues you have to wonder.

Noise

Coach
When you have quality props like Paulo and RCG, a rejuvenated Kane Evans and Alvaro in support pounding the middle even a mid tier edge forward starts looking like an origin candidate.

Same reason why players like Aubusson at the Roosters and Murray at Souths have excelled. Their middle forwards punch the line so well that it makes the defensive line compress creating space for the edge.

Secondrowers and centres immediately start looking better than they are. It’s why Taka looks good on the edge when our middle forwards go forward.
This year Murray played every game in the middle except a couple of times when an injury occurred.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Surely Taka can do a similar job as Lawerence and offer better cover in the centres or even at half?? If we are relying on Lawerence to make a big difference in the back half of the season we are well and truly up shit creek.
We wouldn't be relying on him to make a difference. We have other players for that provided our defence can keep us in games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
This year Murray played every game in the middle except a couple of times when an injury occurred.
But all his runs are against retreating/scrambling defenders. He isn't the type of middle forward to take that first run against a straight defensive line.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I had to quote someone to link it to the discussion. Why do you care if it was you? If it was only intended for your benefit I would've sent a DM.

Noise

Coach
Wow. He does play a different role to a traditional middle forward doesn’t he? Very good player. I rate him highly.
Yep, has good speed and footwork. When paired with some big boppers also in the middle along with a quick dummy half he is very effective. His defence is also top notch. I’m a big fan.

Latest posts