What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 team

macavity

Referee
Sione let in more tries against the Tigers than Herman did all year.

I suspect the new coach may be able to get more out of him, if they decide to keep him.

If the new coach can get him tackling would love to see Herman recapture form.

Will add JSaf to the “solid contributor” category.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Hot take, Jsaf goes ahead of Dan next year.
He is looking in great nick and will have first uninterrupted pre-season since forever. Just stay off the drink.
that would be a great bonus for the club.

Dsaf should continue to improve as well. It could be argued he was lucky to make SOO this year so lets hope it doesnt go to his head.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Sione let in more tries against the Tigers than Herman did all year.

I suspect the new coach may be able to get more out of him, if they decide to keep him.
without doubt there will be blood on the floor after the new coach is done with his first year. Every player should be on notice to perform or perish.

Yosh

Coach
Come on mate, it was a pretty stupid post. We lost two games by 50, but we lost about 7 by less than 6 or 8. You didn't think that he was maybe talking about some of those?

The team dropped off a cliff. The last third of the season was just not good enough. I can't imagine anyone would consider our season a success of even a good one at that.

Ese'ese definitely missed some tackles and let in some tries. It's not the end of the world considering the rest of the squad did Jack all for 60% of games this season.

newyboy

Juniors
Hot take, Jsaf goes ahead of Dan next year.
He is looking in great nick and will have first uninterrupted pre-season since forever. Just stay off the drink.

Stay off the drink. This is what irks me about these guys. By the grace of GOD or someone they have made it to first grade. Yet they still drink and carry on and people treat them as elite athletes.

They are park grade hacks who play a sport who have yet to see what an elite athlete is capable of.

Old dog

Juniors
2019 contracted players gone or going, Ross, Stone, Ramien, already gone, Buhrer, Griffin, SKD and Woolford you would think that would ease a $1m plus available to sign 1 or 2 quality players for 2020 without needing to get rid of others such as Guerra, Gavet, Levi, Ese’ese etc.
Resigning the likes of Hunt and Jones should only cost slightly more than they were already on.

Old dog

Juniors
That's not how it works.
So PLEASE EXPLAIN.
, seemed ok to me, not paying for those leaving means we have money in kitty, might not be much but got to be $1/2m if not more. 3-4 of those would total $1m.
New hooker cost has to be subtracted.

aqua_duck

Coach
So PLEASE EXPLAIN.
, seemed ok to me, not paying for those leaving means we have money in kitty, might not be much but got to be $1/2m if not more. 3-4 of those would total $1m.
New hooker cost has to be subtracted.
Losing those players would probably already have been factored into the budget, Hunt will probably be making double what he made this year, there would be others who we upgraded as well

Burwood

Bench
Ponga will be chasing an upgrade from $600,000 to $1m+. That alone will eat away most of the money.

Knight Vision

First Grade
spare a thought for our mental midget halfback. Roosters Premiers for the second year in a row after punting him and their new halfback working with basically the same squad- must be humiliating. I wonder how he will back up next year.

I'm looking to 2021 when we hopefully have some fun tickets to go after another half to support him.

Silent Knight

First Grade
I was just reading through this article about NRL players who are off contract at the end of the 2020 season:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/083e09067867ffedbcff0b0c2e42d20f

And decided to do a bit of a run through on our player list, namely:

KNIGHTS

Mitch Barnett, Herman Ese’ese, Beau Fermor, James Gavet, Aidan Guerra, Josh King, Danny Levi, Mason Lino, Tautau Moga, Jesse Ramien, Daniel Saifiti, Jacob Saifiti, Pasami Saulo, Connor Watson

Here is what I would be looking at if I were coach:

Mitch Barnett - retain
Herman Ese'ese - retain
Beau Fermor - retain on minimum wage, depth only.
James Gavet - gone
Aidan Guerra - gone
Josh King - retain on minimum wage, depth only.
Danny Levi - gone
Mason Lino - retain on minimum wage, depth only (suspect we go for an experienced 5/8 or promote Sasagi or Crossland).
Tautau Moga - gone
Jesse Ramien - already gone
Daniel Saifiti - retain but doesn't deserve marquee money. He regressed badly for us after Origin when we needed him to fire.
Jacob Saifiti - retain, if his off-field behavior has improved he may be immense for us next year and leapfrog his brother.
Pasami Saulo - retain, maybe a little bit above minimum wage.
Connor Watson - retain but only on his current contract value. He was meant to be our long term 5/8 but is now primarily a bench sub for us. A very good and dangerous bench sub at that. For that, I wouldn't cut his pay but my position is you only pay marquee money for spine players or if your name is David Klemmer.

Latest posts