What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
That wasn’t Souths fault, though. Didn’t Clover Moore block that development?

Clover did block it with the support of our prospective new owners. From memory the vote was tied and Moore had the casting vote

One Mr. P Homes Court ( a part owner) who, I believe, had real estate interest through one of his companies in the same street

Now I might be wrong with that but.........

Last edited:

Wily Ole Dog

Juniors
The Rabbitohs crowds at ANZ are pretty ordinary, were they as bad when at Moore Park?

We draw well in big games if played at the correct time

25 to 30,000 is easily achieved against the Roosters, Bulldogs, Dragons & Tigers if they are played at the correct time

Against Out of town teams we draw pathetically

horrie hastings

First Grade
On another note, I went to watch the mighty Mariners play in the FAA cup last night at CC stadium. They have replaced around 75% of existing seats with newer, dark grey ones which has given the stadium a refreshed look. If they extended the drip lines for the roof on the Eastern and Western sides, and tear down the bowling club and add a second tier along with a forecourt where the greens are on the northern side, then it wouldn't look that bad for when the Sea Eagles eventually get relocated up here.

Why do the ground up and increase capacity for the Sea Eagles o_O seriously though the ground was looking a bit tired, it is a good stadium but not a great stadium, if you sit in the first couple of rows in the upper levels you cant see the sideline properly, I often thought you could actually extend out over the road at southern end but that would only give you extra seating because you couldn't use the land below it and it takes away the great view over the water, the extension at the northern end has real merit as long as it doesn't send the bowling club into extinction like it has happened to a lot of others bowling clubs, at the present the bowling club seems financially viable so a viable relocation would have to be part of the plans.

For real? Sounds like we need a new team in Sydney that can appeal to the rich areas rather than hand it over to the Swans without a fight.
The Roosters are a bunch of dero westie misfits in the Eastern suburbs and their crowds reflect that. Now I am hearing the Rabbitohs would go west.

You clearly know nothing of Sydney nor Souths
Clover did block it with the support of our prospective new owners. From memory the vote was tied and Moore had the casting vote

One Mr. P Homes Court ( a part owner) who, I believe, had real estate interest through one of his companies in the same street

Now I might be wrong with that but.........

Stange. Would’ve thought you could’ve got Alan Jones to pull some strings. He’s gone into for you guys before. Lost opportunity indeed

Suitman

Post Whore
Townsville.

67883702_2684397868258047_6054291694497142002_n.jpg

bazza

Immortal
It is indeed. We may return there one day but the money offered by ANZ is too great to refuse

Not redeveloping Redfern when we hadthe chance was a massive lost opportunity
Any chance of getting a better deal from the new SFS?
As well as a new stadium there will also be a new light rail station at the front door when it finally opens

Suitman

Post Whore
Safe standing has been installed at Bankwest for the Wanderers who play there on Saturday evening.
It will be removed for the 9's the following week, before being re- installed again for the Wanderers - ESFC derby the following week.

big hit!

Bench
We draw well in big games if played at the correct time

25 to 30,000 is easily achieved against the Roosters, Bulldogs, Dragons & Tigers if they are played at the correct time

Against Out of town teams we draw pathetically

And this ultimately the issue with crowds.

Channel 9 are obviously going to try and have most of those matches scheduled for Thursday or Friday night at 8pm.

I think Souths had one game against an out of town team scheduled 6pm Friday at Olympic Park. Imagine about 10k in that cavernous venue. Not good.

T-Boon

Coach
Safe standing has been installed at Bankwest for the Wanderers who play there on Saturday evening.
It will be removed for the 9's the following week, before being re- installed again for the Wanderers - ESFC derby the following week.

Is that for the weirdos who want to stand with their back to the game.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Should have left it in for the nines, standing is much more fun with mates and lots of beer than sitting :)

I’d kinda like to see them triallled at NRL games. Offers something a bit different.

Latest posts