What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT-Marsters released by Tigers, set to join Cowboys

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
We should have gone after Marsters.. We could do with a strong centre like him..

We could have used the lure that he could play alongside his cousin and they could form a.....

Oh... That’s right...

As you were, people.
I rate Esan, he didn’t have his best year but last year he was awesome.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
McGregor stated it that it is and I dont know why.
Maybe to support what fumblin bumblin ideas go around in his head on what to do with a non performing team.
You find me where Zac himself said it he prefers it...he has said he does not mind fullback and has played a little bit their but at the same time said he will go where he is needed...but not his preference...
and here is a tip Mary ....nor is winger or bench or reggies.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/cou...y/news-story/42d69ce1fc271163e52c71e82140c0a0

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Can anyone make a list of players who have been rumoured to be coming to Saints ???? I have thought about the list and I’ve put it below:

1) N/A
2) N/A
3) N/A
4) N/A
5) N/A

No one!
Well that depends...

Rumoured in the media, the back 5 resembles your list..

But rumoured in here from those with the “good oil”:

1) Tedesco
2) Rapana
3) Roberts
4) Olam
5) Oates

jak

Bench
Does he actually want to play centre or fullback? That is the issue, I have heard him state fullback is his preferred position. To be honest I have heard people say McGuire is a prick of a bloke and good in very small doses. I don’t see the Tigers challenging for the 8 next season. If on good money at his age he’d be silly to leave, all the positions he plays are wide open for us. He could go to Flanno/Mary and say I want a crack at fullback and I will re sign and they would probably make it happen.
plus he would have to be our first choice goal kicker I would think.

BLM01

First Grade

BLM01

First Grade
it would be as bad as if they let Luc go also! these are the kinds of players weve been lacking, REAL football players! not just hit it up power gamers Marys stacked us with
Even our power game has become pop gun game and getting eaten up by the others and our defence line speed is worse at times.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I dont care what a journo writes and how he spins it. It was said for the good of the team.
When you see him interviewed and he says it out of his mouth then I just might be swayed..but then again players come out and deny their leaving.
And he does not have the pace for fullback. He will not make it as a NRL fullback so you can read in it anything you like.
I just added that quote because he stated fullback is his preferred position and eventually wants to play there. I’m not saying I agree, but the ability to play there might come into his decision. I still think he’s faster than Norman who is much more suited to 5/8. Personally I’d be open to getting Dugan or J.Morris back if the Sharks need to shed some players.
Dugan to play fullback until Ramsay is ready. Or Morris to play centre at the expense of Aitken or Lafai. He’d be great for Saab, the Feagai bro’s and Pearson. His defence is second to none and could really bring them along.

Dragonsamy

Bench
It’s not just that we may lose Lomax but that Tigers are in the hunt for an outside back, so are we. That will push up the price of any that become available.

Forbes I agree that we sould be looking for centres as you have stated but I don't think they are genuinely looking for anybody in particular. Should be but are not

Gareth67

First Grade
Lomax- possibly Leilula and who knows what other talented young players are to be released and just whom do they intend to replace them with ?

I can only go by past experience with our recruitment and suggest that shall be over the hill journeymen .

Gawd what a sorry , sorry bunch of knuckleheads we have running thr Big (?) Red V .

BLM01

First Grade
I just added that quote because he stated fullback is his preferred position and eventually wants to play there. I’m not saying I agree, but the ability to play there might come into his decision. I still think he’s faster than Norman who is much more suited to 5/8. Personally I’d be open to getting Dugan or J.Morris back if the Sharks need to shed some players.
Dugan to play fullback until Ramsay is ready. Or Morris to play centre at the expense of Aitken or Lafai. He’d be great for Saab, the Feagai bro’s and Pearson. His defence is second to none and could really bring them along.
You forget our future fullback target in James Schiller from Young Cherrypickers..he starts with us after his HSC for season 2020. Probably will hopefully start in reggies to get a few games under his belt but is earmarked as a future 1st grade fullback and is not easy rag dolled.?!

watatank

Coach
McGregor stated it that it is and I dont know why.
Maybe to support what fumblin bumblin ideas go around in his head on what to do with a non performing team.
You find me where Zac himself said it he prefers it...he has said he does not mind fullback and has played a little bit their but at the same time said he will go where he is needed...but not his preference...
and here is a tip Mary ....nor is winger or bench or reggies.

“Fullback would be my favourite position but as a young bloke you've got to understand the demands of the NRL and the toll it can take on your body and mentally,” he said.

“I came through the junior ranks playing fullback and having my hands on the ball a little bit more than you do out on the edge.

“I'd like to play there down the track but to be thrown in at fullback at a younger age is a bit more of an ask. Hopefully one day but you can only do what's best for the team at the moment.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5892996/lomax-in-no-hurry-for-no-1/

BLM01

First Grade

“Fullback would be my favourite position but as a young bloke you've got to understand the demands of the NRL and the toll it can take on your body and mentally,” he said.

“I came through the junior ranks playing fullback and having my hands on the ball a little bit more than you do out on the edge.

“I'd like to play there down the track but to be thrown in at fullback at a younger age is a bit more of an ask. Hopefully one day but you can only do what's best for the team at the moment.”

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/5892996/lomax-in-no-hurry-for-no-1/
Yes what position you can play in Juniors does not translate to NRL. I know all the paper talk but he knows he will be best suited as a centre at the top grade and is willing to play there, especially when he has finished developing and gets rid of the injury prone tag

Latest posts