What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World 9s 2019

stormbati

Bench
Fiji team looks goooood. Full strength?
I was really hoping Super League rookie Ratu Naulago would be in the squad. Absolute weapon.
From the players that aren’t there, I would liked to have seen a couple mobile forwards like the Sims bros or Bukuya.

I had a sneeky suspicion that Semi Radradra would be picked given the Flying Fijians WC campaign ended and the team naming was delayed.

roughyedspud

Coach
I was just about to post this...

When Nigel wood got the big job I said he'd bankrupt the sport...and he's trying his f**king hardest to prove me right...

Does someone with some spare time wanna calculate how much these match payments are gonna cost the RLIF ?

taste2taste

Juniors
I had zero interest in the Nines but these teams look pretty good, looks like I'll be spending the weekend up at the local :D

flamin

Juniors
don’t get me wrong, this is good news. But will probably bankrupt the RLIF after the Lions tour bombs.

Since the 9s is organised by the NRL who are paying the RLIF to host the event, surely the NRL will be covering the 9s payments.

yakstorm

First Grade
The match payments for the Jillaroos and Kangaroos Nines teams will be coming from the NRL, just like the match payments for the England Men and Lionesses will be coming from the RFL. It won't affect the profitability of the Nines tournament.

Also on the 2 for 1 offer, looks like its only for Cat 2 tickets, which isn't a surprise as it is the Category that has moved the least.