What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Interesting that Ferguson pulled out of PM game in Fiji as he was injured? Though past fit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gronk

Staff member
Interesting that Ferguson pulled out of PM game in Fiji as he was injured? Though past fit?
Blake Ferguson’s decision to pull out of the Australian Prime Minister’s XIII game on the morning of the team flight has cost the Parramatta winger a Kangaroos recall.

Ferguson had originally been selected in the Australian Test squad for the games against New Zealand and Tonga, however he was scratched on Monday morning after he pulled out of the PM’s game citing a leg injury.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/10/how-blake-ferguson-cost-himself-an-australian-jersey/

Gazzamatta

Coach
The last time we had a disrupted pre season as a consequence to representative matches we didnt go all that well. Very little leadership/coaching change since then so im hoping greater experience and maturity we improve our chances.

Happy MEel

First Grade
The last time we had a disrupted pre season as a consequence to representative matches we didnt go all that well. Very little leadership/coaching change since then so im hoping greater experience and maturity we improve our chances.
To be fair, it’s one game in Fiji and a weekend of 9s as we don’t have any Kangaroos. Only Jennings should be in the Tongan side for the tour matches. That’s very different from an entire World Cup. Most rep players should return to preseason at the same time or close to the rest of the squad.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The only player I wouldn’t mind rested from rep is Mahoney (playing in Fiji / 23’s match), had a pretty big season and probably needs a good break.

However I am sure the eels brain trust have assessed him as being ok to play.

Last edited:

Gazzamatta

Coach
To be fair, it’s one game in Fiji and a weekend of 9s as we don’t have any Kangaroos. Only Jennings should be in the Tongan side for the tour matches. That’s very different from an entire World Cup. Most rep players should return to preseason at the same time or close to the rest of the squad.
A fair arguement but it is Parramatta.
It took 2 years to get Kane Evans fit after. Kafusi has had few chances since. Fingers crossed.

84 Baby

Referee
I doubt it was the rep stuff itself that affected our preseason. More the attitude from finishing 4th in 2017. Got to trust that they’ve learnt from that embarrassment and look to put in the hardest preseason ever

84 Baby

Referee
The only player I wouldn’t mind rested from rep is Mahoney (playing in Fiji / 23’s match), had a pretty big season and probably needs a good break.

However I am sure the eels brain trust have assessed him as being ok to play.
Agreed. Depend a bit on our efforts to get him some hooker support.

eels_fan

First Grade
So we have

Gutho
Moses
Mahoney
Brown
D Brown
Sivo
Blake
Junior
Jenko
Taka
Ma’u
Tepai

All involved in rep games (bottom 4 despite not having re-signed or signed elsewhere are still ours until Nov 1)

11-12 from our top 17 isn’t bad

Happy MEel

First Grade
So we have

Gutho
Moses
Mahoney
Brown
D Brown
Sivo
Blake
Junior
Jenko
Taka
Ma’u
Tepai

All involved in rep games (bottom 4 despite not having re-signed or signed elsewhere are still ours until Nov 1)

11-12 from our top 17 isn’t bad
You could throw in Fergo as he was selected but withdrew through injury.

Gronk

Staff member
You are a very gay man
5CNGZft5I3u9xt6cq36D2Hch5flyByVYvPOoEwqhLUGy0gkvL7qvCrTKpARIZlhCdg4987uwpZ_fNXPvKYHmlevJ2Jw7V-Z1o8-k6f7vG0XNgMU=w480-h270

Latest posts