What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Grand Final 3,2,1 v Raiders

I'm still floating on air from the win, so I';ll post my thoughts tomorrow. Just thought I'd set up a thread now.

Lambretta

First Grade
I think I need to watch the game properly before committing

Initial thoughts are Jared and Cords
The wingers were both outstanding

H.H

Juniors
3 - JWH
2 - Radley
1 - Cordner

How I can leave Toops and Bmoz out is beyond me as they were outstanding.

What a win. Reaction from most is so ridiculous. They had enough ball and field position to win 3 games in the second half, including 12 against men for 10 minutes plus losing Aubs, our most mobile edge defender after 12 minutes....and they still couldn't f@#king score!!!

Call made no difference and we had our share of howlers too. What a team we have. Enjoy it fellas as these times don't last forever.

It was a defensive grind, no doubt about it. None of us realised Keary's injury was as bad as came out afterwards, which made running difficult for him. Sorry for the Raiders for some of the circumstances, but crap, its not our club's fault. Nor is it that with near 70% possession for the first 25-30 minutes of the second half, and great field position for most of it, they couldn't score more than a penalty goal.

Anyway. My thoughts -

3 points: Jarea Warea-Hargreaves. The big man stepped up to pay back missing the GF Qualifier in a typical way, he lead from the front. 18 runs for 161 metres (45 metres post contact) and 37 tackles. He lead the way in hitting the ball up[ and defensively. Should have won the Clive Churchill medal.

2 points: Daniel Tupou. His work on kick returns, or the first tackle after a kick return helped set the platform. 17 runs for 166 metres (58 post contact metres - the most out of any in our team), 1 line break and a try assist. He was outstanding.

1 point: Victor Radley. 14 runs for 126 metres (39 post contact metres), 34 tackles and 1 line break assist. Really got us going again in the second half when the Raiders were coming at us when Jared was off the field.

Headless Chook

Juniors
3. JWH
2. Cords
1. Morris, who I thought was fantastic for us. Kept saving us time after time. Great buy.

Would have been nice for the game to have been free from major controversy, but not our problem. The Raiders supporters I was watching the game with were philosophical in defeat and good sports, unlike the rest of the population it seems.

In Easts we Trust - everyone else can please themselves.

horrie hastings

First Grade
3 -JWH
2-Brett Morris
1-Latrell - his defensive game really impressed me, some vital tackles at critical times which shut the Raiders attack down.

Special mention to Cords and Toups.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Geez this is tough.

3. JWH
2. Rads
1. Bmoz

Special mentions to Cords, Trell and my man Toops who had an obscenely great season.

What a great day, season, club. Truly privileged.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
3. JWH
2. SST
1. Bmoz

Radley redeemed himself but his two silly penalties and the drop ball in the first half I thought cost us. He was epic in his second stint though.

JWH should have had the CCM

SST was immense

Bmoz under the highball was without fault

Special mentions to godner, toops, Latrell, Verrils, victor and Angus.

Personally I thought we most definitely didn’t get the rub of the green outside of the six again call.

The Cronk sin bin well, is an almost instantaneous tackle as a player is catching the ball an intentional professional foul? yeah I’m not sure about that but can live with it.

More importantly they shouldn’t have had the ball to begin with when whitehead drops it cold and he gets the penalty.

The furore over the ball hitting the trainer when Sia should have been penalised for dangerous contact with the legs.

Just to name a few of the majors...

Bottom line the raiders, although they payed well enough to win, didn’t take their chances. the BJ failure to pass and the lack of urgency to get on defence for both BJ and Tarpenie at critical moments is what lost them the game.

The raiders have a right to be pissed about the change of signal but I don’t believe it determined the result..The salt from all the non raiders fans has been f**king hilarious though.

For someone who’s supported the club for 25 years this is by far our greatest achievement. Still on a high and I think this will be hard to top..

Easts!!!!!!

jiorl

Juniors
3. JWH
2. Tupou
1. Morris
B2B woooooo!!!! Congrats to everyone. Shout out also to Cooper Cronk, what a career and am proud to have seen him in our colours

Bgood, you may be a tad harsh on Radley regarding the dropped ball. That was only moments after the high tackle on him. After the dropped ball, he went off for an HIA.

Most forgettable gf in history ruined by officials.

A fitting finale to a year of gross failure for the nrl.

Maybe uncle nick should run the nrl.

This pretence of a genuine contest is a massive waste of time and money.

Your only genuine failure is Souths lording it over you in premiership stakes.

Last edited:

jiorl

Juniors
Well, you're still talking about it

It was, the Roosters dominated this year even with the NRL's incompetence

He should, seeing he is the only person able to run a club properly

Ah, it's always a conspiracy to the bogan Tigers fans

It won't be for long...

Oh well, another b!tch from yet another sore loser, whose Tigers (a waste of space team I might add) most likely will finish in the bottom 8. Again. Since 2012. Don't let the door kick you on the way out

Peter Quinn

Juniors
Well, you're still talking about it

It was, the Roosters dominated this year even with the NRL's incompetence

He should, seeing he is the only person able to run a club properly

Ah, it's always a conspiracy to the bogan Tigers fans

It won't be for long...

Oh well, another b!tch from yet another sore loser, whose Tigers (a waste of space team I might add) most likely will finish in the bottom 8. Again. Since 2012. Don't let the door kick you on the way out
Well, get ready boys for another HUGE LOSS to the Rabbitohs. Latrell will be at Redfern in 2021 , if not before.