What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary ..

franklin2323

Immortal
As i said earlier. At the time (and after he left) there were many worse performers. The whole club was struggling.

Edwards was quiet possibly in the worst form of any Panthers player ever. Effort is not always a factor in form... and often poor form leads to trying harder but making it worse.

We didnt turn around our season because he left... we temporarily improved before ultimately going back to how we were. With our form improvement also happening when we faced depleted sides.

If we had kept DWZ and Blake and let go of Whare and Mansour our side would have been better without doubt and possibly good enough to have finished top 8 despite the ridiculous amount of flaws we have top to bottom.

There is nothing to say the DWZ and Blake would of found form here though..Sometimes a change is needed

mxlegend99

Referee
There is nothing to say the DWZ and Blake would of found form here though..Sometimes a change is needed
There's nothing to say they wouldn't have. Except a few fans here who love to shit on former players.

When the team improves generally individuals improve also. I would bet my life that DWZ would have performed better than Mansour though, and Blake better than Whare. Not that it is saying much.... neither was close to first grade standard very often.

betcats

Referee
There's nothing to say they wouldn't have. Except a few fans here who love to shit on former players.

When the team improves generally individuals improve also. I would bet my life that DWZ would have performed better than Mansour though, and Blake better than Whare. Not that it is saying much.... neither was close to first grade standard very often.

This whole “they weren’t our worst performers” is so redundant. It was to do with more then just their form clearly and we can’t release players that don’t want to go. Did Sauce or Whare ask for a release?

Dallin is quoted in the paper this week saying “i needed a fresh start” so unless there is any official quote from dallin or the club saying he was forced out then it was Dallin who wanted out.

franklin2323

Immortal
This whole “they weren’t our worst performers” is so redundant. It was to do with more then just their form clearly and we can’t release players that don’t want to go. Did Sauce or Whare ask for a release?

Dallin is quoted in the paper this week saying “i needed a fresh start” so unless there is any official quote from dallin or the club saying he was forced out then it was Dallin who wanted out.

Even said he considered retirement. Who knows how long he was feeling like that but in those situations form drops and it was evident a few things were up. Some players were dropped some moved on but it seemed to work out for all involved

betcats

Referee
Even said he considered retirement. Who knows how long he was feeling like that but in those situations form drops and it was evident a few things were up. Some players were dropped some moved on but it seemed to work out for all involved

Yeah he was clearly unhappy, he states that in his interview but it was already obvious.

mxlegend99

Referee
We see footy as fun. It is a job for them and he has been here since 2012. How many people stay at the same workplace for 7 years
Almost none when it comes to players involved with our club. Likely going to be a hell of a lot less now that Gus was kicked out for Ivan to rip apart what he built.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Almost none when it comes to players involved with our club. Likely going to be a hell of a lot less now that Gus was kicked out for Ivan to rip apart what he built.

Me I see footy as something fun, a stress reliever from the real world. You obviously see supporting your footy team as something much deeper and painful. Maybe it's the 1/2 glass empty or full thing.

I've found that a positive mindset often allows good things to happen.

I suppose hence my name. .

MugaB

Coach
We see footy as fun. It is a job for them and he has been here since 2012. How many people stay at the same workplace for 7 years
Ive been at mine for 21 years, i'd rather be getting paid to play flegg, let alone 1st grade, Both DWZ and RCG caught that Moylan mindset (can back from representative games thinking they are worth more) player managers are the problem at Penrith, as soon as they get a sliver of success, they expect an upgraded salary

OldPanther

Coach
Me I see footy as something fun, a stress reliever from the real world. You obviously see supporting your footy team as something much deeper and painful. Maybe it's the 1/2 glass empty or full thing.

I've found that a positive mindset often allows good things to happen.

I suppose hence my name. .

If you're positive why trash talk this guy who still respects our club and supporters?

20191011_191219.jpg

betcats

Referee
Dallin is a good guy off the field, he’s obviously not bitter about the move instead seems very happy with it, i wish him all the best i hope he does kick on it won’t change the fact that it was the right decision for everyone for him to make that move.

OldPanther

Coach
Who is trash talking him?

Simple question did he play better when he got to the Dogs?

So his form was down which is what people are saying

Here you go.

I totally agree. Look at DWZ's games this year before he left. He was nothing short of embarrassing. Talk about throwing a tantrum like a toddler because he wasn't playing fullback. RCG was similar (although he was comming back from injury) Both players on high contracts then add in Blake, (tes I know he was injured) I believe attitude and work ethic lead to them being let go. Compare these players to blokes like Yeo who even though injured and oft not playing in his preferred positionm dug in and tried his guts out.

Here's hoping that 2020 is a much better year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Who is trash talking him?

Simple question did he play better when he got to the Dogs?

So his form was down which is what people are saying
The same person who has trash talked just about every player after they left.

For someone who claims footy is fun and a stress reliever... and then suggests that I think it's something more (i do) she sure gets abusive and turns on players quickly once they leave us.

In the case of Dallin he has been nothing but class. The media tried getting him to sling shit at us and he refused. He still has all the time in the world for our fans and donates his time to helping out lower grades footy. He had some bad games for us. What player hasn't? Everyone was struggling to perform... and honestly many never kicked on at all. But hey lets blame a few guys who left even if guys who remained were performing worse. Love to see who cops the blame in 2020. The sad reality is that our roster has been destroyed and is weaker now than it has been in years. Ivan wants to blame Gus for that. Yet he's the guy who pushes players out the club despite being incapable of getting them completely off our books and not being able to attract anyone.

Barrett has dome more for our recruitment than Ivan has.

franklin2323

Immortal
Simple question clearly is too simple for some...

Yes or no did DWZ form pick up when he left?

Not to why or why not people think it did but did his form improve he left

Crashtest

Juniors
The sad reality is that our roster has been destroyed and is weaker now than it has been in years. Ivan wants to blame Gus for that. Yet he's the guy who pushes players out the club despite being incapable of getting them completely off our books and not being able to attract anyone.

Barrett has dome more for our recruitment than Ivan has.

When has Ivan blamed Gould? I can’t remember reading any quotes from him doing that

Re your comments about Ivan pushing players out of the club:
1. Most coach releases players that they feel are over paid or underperforming, like RCG and Blake. So why is it wrong for Ivan to do the same.

2. Most coaches releases players who are unhappy and ask fo a release, like DWZ. So why is it wrong for Ivan to do the same?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Here you go.

I thought I was stating facts. DWZ forn was poor this year. In fact it was beyond poor. When putting on a new jersey in his fav position at a new club his form 'magically' improved. These are the facts. No trash talking. Just starting what occured.

Why the instant transformation you would have to ask Dallin that.

OldPanther

Coach
Simple question clearly is too simple for some...

Yes or no did DWZ form pick up when he left?

Not to why or why not people think it did but did his form improve he left

Irrelevant to my point but the condescension is noted. His form before/after doesn't justify that kind of talk.

Latest posts