What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary ..

franklin2323

Immortal
When has Ivan blamed Gould? I can’t remember reading any quotes from him doing that

Re your comments about Ivan pushing players out of the club:
1. Most coach releases players that they feel are over paid or underperforming, like RCG and Blake. So why is it wrong for Ivan to do the same.

2. Most coaches releases players who are unhappy and ask fo a release, like DWZ. So why is it wrong for Ivan to do the same?

DWZ and RCG both said they were unhappy. Possibly even were last year for all we know too

OldPanther

Coach
I thought I was stating facts. DWZ forn was poor this year. In fact it was beyond poor. When putting on a new jersey in his fav position at a new club his form 'magically' improved. These are the facts. No trash talking. Just starting what occured.

Why the instant transformation you would have to ask Dallin that.

You called him a toddler and said he was throwing a tantrum. His form doesn't justify that. Fun fact his is very religious. Maybe he didn't like the mistreatment of women by some of our players.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
You called him a toddler and said he was throwing a tantrum. His form doesn't justify that. Fun fact his is very religious. Maybe he didn't like the mistreatment of women by some of our players.

I believe that's what he was doing. It's called having an opinion. Last time I looked I was allowed to express it. Another fact when Dallin was told that he was going back to cup according to Brandy Alexander he said Dallin's manager asked for a release within 24 hours of that happening. In my book that is a tantrum.

OldPanther

Coach
His form was down. He moved on to another position and form picked up.. That is facts

The same would apply to 3/4 of our roster this year. That's facts as well. Still waiting to hear how it justifies insulting the guy. I already said the change worked for both parties on a professional level but attacking the guy is a low act.

OldPanther

Coach
I believe that's what he was doing. It's called having an opinion. Last time I looked I was allowed to express it. Another fact when Dallin was told that he was going back to cup according to Brandy Alexander he said Dallin's manager asked for a release within 24 hours of that happening. In my book that is a tantrum.

No one told you not to speak your mind. People are also free to disagree. I'm not tearing anyone down just addressing the content of the comments.

Last edited:

BxTom

Bench

franklin2323

Immortal
The same would apply to 3/4 of our roster this year. That's facts as well. Still waiting to hear how it justifies insulting the guy. I already said the change worked for both parties on a professional level but attacking the guy is a low act.

It is an opinion that he acted like a child that isn't attacking a guy. Attacking the way a situation was handled

Pomoz

Bench
We have 6 guys in the 9's... 7 if you count Api. So terrible that we never get guys in rep teams
It's OK getting picked for NZ, Fuji or Tonga, but players want to play for Australia, the number 1 league nation internationally, if they can. Remind me again, how did we do there?

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Australia, NZ and England... in that order are the only nations worth bragging about being picked for.

Outside of that the depth gets so thin theyre often filled with whatever scraps they can gather that are eligible.

Flashstep

Juniors
Australia, NZ and England... in that order are the only nations worth bragging about being picked for.

Outside of that the depth gets so thin theyre often filled with whatever scraps they can gather that are eligible.

I’d add Tonga to that as well

mxlegend99

Referee
I’d add Tonga to that as well
They have a reasonable squad with a few huge names elevating them above where they used to be as a second tier nation.

But they also have some pretty average players rounding it out. Katoa, Lolohea, Hurrell, Hingano, BMM, Kata etc.

Its obviously a hell of alot better than nations who have players we haven't heard of. But they still have fringe first graders in their side... and realistically being an eligible NRL player is almost all it takes to be picked.

Flashstep

Juniors
They have a reasonable squad with a few huge names elevating them above where they used to be as a second tier nation.

But they also have some pretty average players rounding it out. Katoa, Lolohea, Hurrell, Hingano, BMM, Kata etc.

Its obviously a hell of alot better than nations who have players we haven't heard of. But they still have fringe first graders in their side... and realistically being an eligible NRL player is almost all it takes to be picked.

Fair enough, I think they could still get a pretty good 1-17, problem is they don’t really have top quality in their spine positions. Plus like you said after that their depth is pretty poor.

franklin2323

Immortal
It's OK getting picked for NZ, Fuji or Tonga, but players want to play for Australia, the number 1 league nation internationally, if they can. Remind me again, how did we do there?

What have we had 20 Odd Australian players play test footy for Australia in 50 plus years. So it is nothing new.

Since 2015 it has been either Roosters or Storm in a GF or both. NQ has made 2 GF's. Canberra and Souths been top 4 multiple times.

Yet we have finished 11th. 6th. 7th. 5th and 10th so of course our players are down the list when you are looking at elite players

Pomoz

Bench
What have we had 20 Odd Australian players play test footy for Australia in 50 plus years. So it is nothing new.

Since 2015 it has been either Roosters or Storm in a GF or both. NQ has made 2 GF's. Canberra and Souths been top 4 multiple times.

Yet we have finished 11th. 6th. 7th. 5th and 10th so of course our players are down the list when you are looking at elite players
You'll put your back out bending over to make excuses for Dave's mate. The Titans, Newcastle and St George have Australian rep players. Mind you, they are pretty strong, they are holding up the entire NRL.

betcats

Referee
You'll put your back out bending over to make excuses for Dave's mate. The Titans, Newcastle and St George have Australian rep players. Mind you, they are pretty strong, they are holding up the entire NRL.

Are we only a laughing stock in Australia? Do the other League nations not find us funny also?