What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Association Football

Suitman

Post Whore
What’s with the gold star ?

View attachment 33660

It's for winning a continental championship. In our case, the ACL

229.png
100767.png
101083.png
etc...….

T-Boon

Coach
I was watching a bit of the socceroos match the other day against Chinese Taipan. Leading up to kick off the commentators were chatting away about whatever then the game kicked off and was about 2 minutes old before the commentators even bothered to start talking about what was happening on the field. I think what had happened was the ball went out, resulting in the goal kick and the commentators thought that was the first interesting thing that needed to be mentioned. Not even the kick off was note worthy.
This says it all about soccer in my opinion. Game is on, but nothing is happening (GIOBNIH). Next time someone asks you to describe what is going on in the soccer just say GIOBNIH. It is obviously a silent H.

84 Baby

Referee
I was watching a bit of the socceroos match the other day against Chinese Taipan. Leading up to kick off the commentators were chatting away about whatever then the game kicked off and was about 2 minutes old before the commentators even bothered to start talking about what was happening on the field. I think what had happened was the ball went out, resulting in the goal kick and the commentators thought that was the first interesting thing that needed to be mentioned. Not even the kick off was note worthy.
This says it all about soccer in my opinion. Game is on, but nothing is happening (GIOBNIH). Next time someone asks you to describe what is going on in the soccer just say GIOBNIH. It is obviously a silent H.
Nothing was happening??!?? Check out the superstar talent Chinese Taipei have
https://www.transfermarkt.com/emilio-estevez/profil/spieler/651962

Suitman

Post Whore

Agreed.
No more NRL/AFL/Rugby rejects running a sport they don't understand.

In the meantime, the Wanderers have bought in a replacement at the last hour of the transfer window. A replacement for the Polish international Raddy Majewski who did an ACL at training a few weeks ago and who is out for the season.

Nikolai Muller - some seriously good pedigree there with plenty of Bundisliga experience. Knows how to bang home a goal. Add him to Meier, Schwegler, Zeigler and Lopar, as well as Duke, Yeboah, Georgevski, Jurman and the dangerous up and coming Mo Adam, and we have put a serious squad together this season.
We also have a shit load of academy players that have represented at international level. Some who are already starters.

How's your mob looking?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Suitman

Post Whore
It will be helpful and a very good move, but...........the EPL is very marketable and by far the best league in the world, the A League however is a different brand all together

I wish him luck and hope he does well but this will be like trying to sell fridges to Eskimos

Very true.
But now the A-League clubs are actually running the League, they will have the best intentions of the League in their interests to make it as successful as possible, rather than the self indulgent FFA trying to bleed the sport for all it is worth.
I'm hoping that the new ownership model is a positive, and the stagnant position the A-League has become can slowly turn around and get back to the year where it was averaging crowds in the 14 000's, not the 10's it is now. The Lowy's and Gallop were such a cancer on the sport. Thank god they are gone, (or going) and hopefully this Pom can lead us in the right direction. As too can Greg O'Rourke.
There has already been giant leaps made this season between the RBB, the club, the local constabulary and LAC, and security. I could go into more detail but won't bore anyone. Just sayin' that a lot has improved from all parties and this is a good start.
Having a Pom PL advisor can only be a good thing.

Finally - Gallop and the Lowy's - don't let the door hit your arses on the way out you frauds.

Avenger

Immortal
Agreed.
No more NRL/AFL/Rugby rejects running a sport they don't understand.

In the meantime, the Wanderers have bought in a replacement at the last hour of the transfer window. A replacement for the Polish international Raddy Majewski who did an ACL at training a few weeks ago and who is out for the season.

Nikolai Muller - some seriously good pedigree there with plenty of Bundisliga experience. Knows how to bang home a goal. Add him to Meier, Schwegler, Zeigler and Lopar, as well as Duke, Yeboah, Georgevski, Jurman and the dangerous up and coming Mo Adam, and we have put a serious squad together this season.
We also have a donkey load of academy players that have represented at international level. Some who are already starters.

How's your mob looking?
I think they will go ok. This will probably be Ninkovic's last season however I think he may join the coaching staff.

My cousin's husband and an old mate that I played teenage football with is coaching your mobs Under 20's side.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/wanderers-academy-brink-championship-glory

Suitman

Post Whore
I think they will go ok. This will probably be Ninkovic's last season however I think he may join the coaching staff.

My cousin's husband and an old mate that I played teenage football with is coaching your mobs Under 20's side.

https://www.wswanderersfc.com.au/news/wanderers-academy-brink-championship-glory

Good news about Ninkovic. I've admired his time here, despite the fact he played for your mob! He's a class act.

As for your cousins husband coach, they have seen the light. About time you did the same. :)

Avenger

Immortal
Good news about Ninkovic. I've admired his time here, despite the fact he played for your mob! He's a class act.

As for your cousins husband coach, they have seen the light. About time you did the same. :)
My son got to the last trial for NPL1 side Rockdale. Got cut when they opted for another equally talented kid. I'm doing the trial run as we speak. I want him to stay in NPL2/3 as NPL1 is too cut throat.

Suitman

Post Whore
What a derby it is going to be next week.
Wanderers now 2 from 2.
It will sell out (obviously). Crowd will be 28000 and something, for some reason (members not turning up or whatever other reason), but the atmosphere will be amazing.

Latest posts