What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australian Kangaroos

JJ

Immortal
Wighton shouldn't even be playing NRL. He is a criminal amd as auch should be banned for life.

Did Israel go and naah innocent people. Oh no, the game has to be inclusive and that includes criminals but not people of morals.

Mal Meninga has lost any respect i had for him. Looks lile David Kidwell is the only person in the game with credibility and he paid the price for it, but stood firm.

Think the argument you should be making is that it's a bit stupid that Folou effectively seems to have a life ban, given Lodge, Wighton and others are all okey dokey

Perth Red

Post Whore
Folou hasnt got a ban, until he gets a contract and formally requests to play in NRL then at the moment its just commentary. No doubt when he did that the NRL would have some stipulations about expectations of his behaviour, if he doesn't want to meet them he wouldn't be registered. The fact no club has tried to register him should tell you what people are thinking of him.

King hit

Coach
1: Tedesco
2: Cotric
3: Mitchell
4: Wighton
5: Addo-Carr
6: Keary
7: Cherry Evans
8: Papalli
9: Cook
10: Vaughan
11: Cordner
12: Frizell
13: Jake Trbojevic

14: Graham
15: Klemmer
16: Hass
17: Murray

Why Ben Hunt is in the squad and Ferguson isn’t is pretty crazy

roughyedspud

Coach
Pretty sure you say that every year! :joy::joy::joy:

I'm serious this year lol

As I said in another thread..for 35 years I've seen kangaroo squads and developed a cold sweat....this squad though...I look at it and think we can beat that...looking at the team I think I'd only pick teddy,DCE & Jake trbojevic (and Tom if he was fit) for the England team.

Last edited:

roughyedspud

Coach
The halves are weaker than ‘normal’ but the backs are better than have ever been.

Aside from teddy the rest of the backs aren't "special"..and that's the difference from the past...there's nothing there that should scare anyone

Walter sobchak

First Grade
The halves are weaker than ‘normal’ but the backs are better than have ever been.
For sure. I’ve grew up on seeing the likes of langer, johns, Lockyer, thurston and Daley etc destroy GB/England and the current Aussie halves are no way near the level of those players I’ve just listed but I’d still make the Aussies favourites with a team that consists of the likes of tedesco, addo-Carr, Mitchell and cotric.

Springs09

Juniors

No way. 2013 World Cup backs were incredible with Slater, Inglis, Hayne, Thurston and Cronk all in top form and B. Morris and Boyd in their prime as well. That 2013 WC side was the best side I've ever seen.

SBD82

Coach
Why Ben Hunt is in the squad and Ferguson isn’t is pretty crazy

Agreed that his form isn’t worthy, but apparently Hunt actually showing up helped his cause.

How Blake Ferguson cost himself an Australian jersey
Michael ChammasThu 10 Oct 2019, 02:30 PM
Blake Ferguson’s decision to pull out of the Australian Prime Minister’s XIII game on the morning of the team flight has cost the Parramatta winger a Kangaroos recall.

Ferguson had originally been selected in the Australian Test squad for the games against New Zealand and Tonga, however he was scratched on Monday morning after he pulled out of the PM’s game citing a leg injury.

Australian officials were perplexed with the phone call from an Eels official, not Ferguson himself, given that only a few days earlier the winger had been medically cleared to play in the game and was fitted for a jersey.

The disappointment around Ferguson’s withdrawal from the game was focused around the timing of it, with his teammates heading to the airport to board a flight to Brisbane when he pulled the pin.

Ferguson was on the verge of earning a recall into the national side for the first time since 2017, however his name was omitted by the time the official team announcement was made on Monday morning.

His withdrawal triggered a number of changes for Mal Meninga, with South Sydney’s Campbell Graham called into the PM’s team for the game against Fiji in Suva on Friday.

It also presented Canberra winger Nick Cotric with an opportunity to make his Test debut this year, promoted from the Australian under 23s team to the main side.

Ferguson was superb for the Eels in 2019, and equally impressive in his return to the State of Origin arena this year.

The Eels were shocked to hear he had withdrawn from the game in Fiji, having been told he had been excited about playing in the match in the lead-up.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/10/how-blake-ferguson-cost-himself-an-australian-jersey/

Latest posts