What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac Luke

Dragon Revival

Juniors
No, this move is too logical to be Mary who would post under Dragon Survival or Dragon Extinction. I believe that there should be no external forward signings this year as apart from Lomax we do not have a backline due to poor recruitment and retention decisions. This situation seems ludicrous given that Coyne, Head, Hornby, Johnston and Mac Gregor were all quality backs. Seems like Craig and Dean Young always get their ways including the non-retention of CC Player of the Year Timm. The rot continues.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Maybe there is more to McInnes' injury than meets the eye.
Luke is a somewhat of a meat head but the question for me is - Is he really finished or is he just out of form?
When in form, he is still one of the best running 9's in the business.
I hope there isn’t, I had a compound fracture in my ankle when I was 23, haven’t run since, can barely walk sometimes. I really hope it isn’t something like that. I agree that Luke is a more than handy backup if the price was right. There are two points I’d like to make about this signing.
1.A lot of people are commenting we should get an outside back first which I agree, but they probably have 3 or 4 changes penciled in and one is a backup 9. A decent and cheap one come up so they grabbed him allowing us to save money elsewhere. ( I was thinking Seggy, pre drugs)
2. People saying Hunt can be backup is also true but i would rather him fully focus on playing 7. I hope a good 9 emerges in Qld so he doesn’t play origin there too.

Dragsters

First Grade
I am not against this signing so long as he comes cheap enough that it does not compromise any necessary future backline signings.

Having said that I thought that Lovoddua looked like he was capable of stepping up.

I just hope Macas injury isn't worse than first thought.

If it is, then we may need Luke to run with a Luke/Lovodua combo from round 1...

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Hell No!!!
WTF!!!!
Anybody that signs that lame duck can piss off too.
I thought the Gould intervention was a good thing.
If this is the result.
We're Damned

Wittenberg

Juniors
Well there we go, the new North Sydney. Sign old broken players who were good but who have been discarded. To think we waste our time on this forum discussing which quality players we should or will sign. Luke WAS a good player, Graham WAS a great player but if they are on the field at the same time does Mary get a pensioner discount?

Mark D

Juniors
If signed for the right price I can see the logic in this especially with Robson gone... However it’s the outside backs that’s the concern... Any updates out there guys on this ? Is Nene coming ? J and B Moz was even talk out there about Dugan... I see the raiders may struggle to keep Wighton too...

jak

Bench
Far cheaper and Robson wouldn’t sign for us again for any price, he wants to be starting hooker he’s ready and able, his leaving wasn’t mismanagement probably a mutual decision to allow him to take the next step.
insurance for McInnes im thinking, you just don't no how he will come back.

Latest posts