What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Issac Luke

possm

Coach
There’s our replacement motorbike rider / plodder.
Have we really sunk this low?
If we thought this year was bad, it was just a dress rehearsal for the season of hell next year.

Geez l can’t stand McGregor.
He has a lot to answer for.
As for Flanagan, never would l have wished to have a drug riddled cap cheater on our books and here l am rolling out the red carpet for Mr Peptide 2016 in a desperate attempt to gain some winning culture back.
It is Millward who handles recruiting! Another Maranta type recruitment.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Silverman
There in lies our problem. Despite the wishes of some on this forum Dufty seems to be staying. Added to that the Club does not want to lose Lomax or Sailor yet Mary still has his Aitken/ Lafai fixation. So the fullback merry go round looks like it will continue with Lomax, Sailor and Dufty off contract at the end of next year with two of them definitely bound to attract interest. Lomax is a natural fullback or centre but will be played on the wing, while Sailor and Dufty will wrestle for fullback, although in my opinion Sailor will end up playing most of his career in the halves, probably at the Broncos. Dufty ? Well he is a mystery. The Club doesn’t have faith in him yet seems reluctant to let him go. With a different coach he might develop into a real weapon. I think the Club knows that but with Mary his game is unlikely to change. The other issue is that one or two juniors with real potential are fullbacks as well. I think, for a while at least, STGI will be a blooding ground for juniors who will then move onto other clubs. We will not attract anyone but we will create players for other clubs. As sad as it is to say, in 2021 Tyson, Zac and Tristan will be gone but don’t worry we will still have Aitken, Lafai, Dufty and maybe even Maranta.

jak

Bench
I'm all for having depth but before we hire backup hookers shouldn't we look for a fullback? A pair of new centres? A winger maybe?
Who is our fullback next year anyway?
Does anyone know? Are we back to Dufty? Again?
it wont be me

BLM01

First Grade
It is Millward who handles recruiting! Another Maranta type recruitment.
Mary handles recruitment Possm too..dont leave him out who he might want..
Ian does the numbers and negotiations
I would rate Luke more value at low money than Maranta who had not played NRL for 4 years...but just

SBD82

Coach
There in lies our problem. Despite the wishes of some on this forum Dufty seems to be staying. Added to that the Club does not want to lose Lomax or Sailor yet Mary still has his Aitken/ Lafai fixation. So the fullback merry go round looks like it will continue with Lomax, Sailor and Dufty off contract at the end of next year with two of them definitely bound to attract interest. Lomax is a natural fullback or centre but will be played on the wing, while Sailor and Dufty will wrestle for fullback, although in my opinion Sailor will end up playing most of his career in the halves, probably at the Broncos. Dufty ? Well he is a mystery. The Club doesn’t have faith in him yet seems reluctant to let him go. With a different coach he might develop into a real weapon. I think the Club knows that but with Mary his game is unlikely to change. The other issue is that one or two juniors with real potential are fullbacks as well. I think, for a while at least, STGI will be a blooding ground for juniors who will then move onto other clubs. We will not attract anyone but we will create players for other clubs. As sad as it is to say, in 2021 Tyson, Zac and Tristan will be gone but don’t worry we will still have Aitken, Lafai, Dufty and maybe even Maranta.
I almost want Lomax to leave. He has such great potential that I can’t begrudge him seeking a club that will help him unlock it. It would be a shame to have him remain under McGregor and have all of his football coached out of him.

At least if he goes to another club I will be able to enjoy watching him play for NSW and Australia.

It kills me that I have to think this way. But that’s the reality of the current situation.

getsmarty

Immortal
Mary handles recruitment Possm too..dont leave him out who he might want..
Ian does the numbers and negotiations
I would rate Luke more value at low money than Maranta who had not played NRL for 4 years...but just

Possm keeps banging on about Millward...It's the misconception that he has convinced himself of, as he has repeated it so many times in his own head = It must be the truth...LOL

Wittenberg

Juniors
I almost want Lomax to leave. He has such great potential that I can’t begrudge him seeking a club that will help him unlock it. It would be a shame to have him remain under McGregor and have all of his football coached out of him.

At least if he goes to another club I will be able to enjoy watching him play for NSW and Australia.

It kills me that I have to think this way. But that’s the reality of the current situation.
Yes I know how you feel. I have always believed that a true supporter takes the good with the bad and follows their team regardless of results. I have done that for decades and if the truth be known I will again in 2020 and for every year I am alive and kicking BUT the fact is I am so disgusted with our club at the moment that it will be hard. Every drop of blood each one of us has on this forum is STGI but Saints are being ignored. Do I believe Mary had our players giving 100% last year? No. If our team gave it’s all every week but lost a lot of games I could take that, but in some games we rolled over and you know I get it. As a player I would find it hard week in and week out with Mary. It is a disgrace......but I will still cheer us on.....