What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PM’s XIII vs Fiji Residents Friday 11 October, 2019

Gronk

Staff member
Is he turning you on?
There seems to be a common theme with your posts.

giphy.gif

hindy111

Post Whore
Like in 2018? When he was easily our best forward all year, in a shit team

Terepo was also excellent.

Look Alvaro is a great squad filler. But you dont want him in your 17 if it is 100% at it's best.Unless you have a few superstars like say Tedesco.
In our squad you'd want him around 19-21

Happy MEel

First Grade
Terepo was also excellent.

Look Alvaro is a great squad filler. But you dont want him in your 17 if it is 100% at it's best.Unless you have a few superstars like say Tedesco.
In our squad you'd want him around 19-21
2018 Alvaro would make nearly every top 17 in the comp, particularly clubs with high impact low work rate middles like Junior and Evans. If we can get him back to that form we’re golden.

hindy111

Post Whore
2018 Alvaro would make nearly every top 17 in the comp, particularly clubs with high impact low work rate middles like Junior and Evans. If we can get him back to that form we’re golden.

He is done in our side. His best means 45-50mins a game.
RCG and Jnr will get those mins. You then have Nikuore and Evan's to get mins in middle

Gronk

Staff member
RCG and Jnr will get those mins. You then have Nikuore and Evan's to get mins in middle
He may be done in the top 17, but look how many games Gower played. You need depth to remain competitive during injuries and rep commitments.

Delboy

First Grade
Think he's likely to be around the 17 most weeks, he brings something different from those you name. A solid front on defendethe , coupled with a willingness to take the hard runs up the middle to settle plays. You can't play with impact front rowers only, each to our own opinion,

hindy111

Post Whore
He may be done in the top 17, but look how many games Gower played. You need depth to remain competitive during injuries and rep commitments.

Yes and that is what I said. In a side with stars he is fine in the top 17.
We do not have any stars. We have some very good players. That is all

hindy111

Post Whore
Think he's likely to be around the 17 most weeks, he brings something different from those you name. A solid front on defendethe , coupled with a willingness to take the hard runs up the middle to settle plays. You can't play with impact front rowers only, each to our own opinion,

If Kafusi and Stefano cant overtake him in the pecking order by rnd 8 next season then I doubt they'll be much chop. I see it like this.

8 jnr
10 rcg
13 Brown

14 - Taka
15 - Evan's
16 - Nikoure
17 - New middle pig signing

18 Stone
19 Stefano
20 Kafusi
21 Alvaro
22 Terepo

Happy MEel

First Grade
If Kafusi and Stefano cant overtake him in the pecking order by rnd 8 next season then I doubt they'll be much chop. I see it like this.

8 jnr
10 rcg
13 Brown

14 - Taka
15 - Evan's
16 - Nikoure

18 Stone
19 Stefano
20 Kafusi
21 Alvaro
22 Terepo
So you’re banking on us getting a top 17 middle and edge forward before round 1 2020? If so, then great. However, I think that’s highly unlikely and what we have in the middle is what we’ll go into round 1. Alvaro gets that last spot in the 17 over the other players you mentioned...at least in round 1

Eelementary

Post Whore

8 jnr
10 rcg
13 Brown

14 - Taka
15 - Evan's
16 - Nikoure

18 Stone
19 Stefano
20 Kafusi
21 Alvaro
22 Terepo

Utoikamanu, and Kaufusi, will not be regular First Graders until at least 2021.

This says nothing about their abilities, or the overall quality/lack thereof of our squad.

hindy111

Post Whore
Which bit don't you agree with?

I reckon this will happen in the off season.
Both will train very hard and increase fitness.
Both will also develop more physically and become stronger.
Both will just be bigger and stronger then Alvaro and picked infront if him bar injuries.
The physical development at a young age in forwards can be very rapid. Kafusi for example put on 10kgs last off season and unlike Alvaro who put on FAT he gained muscle.

I might be wrong. But it's how I see it.

I reckon this will happen in the off season.
Both will train very hard and increase fitness.
Both will also develop more physically and become stronger.
Both will just be bigger and stronger then Alvaro and picked infront if him bar injuries.
The physical development at a young age in forwards can be very rapid. Kafusi for example put on 10kgs last off season and unlike Alvaro who put on FAT he gained muscle.

I might be wrong. But it's how I see it.
That's just wrong. It's well known that everyone put on 6kg last off season.