What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Corey oates coming??????

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Corey Oates is set to agree to a cut-price deal to remain with the Broncos
BRONCOS

5883a580f8393e23f8a9397ed990c970

Corey Oates has reportedly signed with the Broncos.Source: AAP
BRONCOS winger Corey Oates has reportedly sacrificed up to $200,000 a season to commit to Brisbane.

The Courier Mail is reporting the 23-year-old has shunned offers of up to $600,000 from Newcastle, St George Illawarra and North Queensland to remain with the Broncos, despite previously stating he would leave the club if Wayne Bennett did.

However, Oates’ manager George Mimis has told The Courier Mail his contract was in the final stages of completion with the Broncos and is expected to be confirmed before November 1.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/9f24f20663808a0ae95b1511b8269014
yeah right $200k per year over 3 to 4 year's,will get that via TPA's or will receive weekly brown paper bags

Crush

Coach
I dont understand what Dugan, who plays for the sharks, has to do with our current fullback Dufty. If you want to look at the past why don't you go all the way back to Steve Funnell playing fullback. In short its irrelevant to our current squad.
Who is Steve Funnell?

TruSaint

Referee
Former second rower...I think

Fullback,

"
Steve Funnell (born 1965) was an Australian rugby league player from the 1980s

As former Saints junior, Steve Funnell was a fullback for St. George Dragons for five seasons between 1984-88. He was a reserve in the 1985 Grand Final but didn't retain a first grade spot on a regular basis during his time at the Dragons.

Funnell decided to change clubs in 1989, joining the Western Suburbs Magpies, and finished his career at the Sydney Roosters in 1992. [1] "

Crush

Coach
Fullback,

"

As former Saints junior, Steve Funnell was a fullback for St. George Dragons for five seasons between 1984-88. He was a reserve in the 1985 Grand Final but didn't retain a first grade spot on a regular basis during his time at the Dragons.

Funnell decided to change clubs in 1989, joining the Western Suburbs Magpies, and finished his career at the Sydney Roosters in 1992. [1] "
Yeah right, I don't remember him. I was at the 1985 GF but was only a 9 year old.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Fullback,

"

Just laying about watching the 85 GF and wondering where players went. Steve Funnell I thought was a more than good player a junior just couldn't crack it into squad fulltime. But I remember him as a second rower why is that. What a side that 85 side was wish we had the same guts and determination now.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Just laying about watching the 85 GF and wondering where players went. Steve Funnell I thought was a more than good player a junior just couldn't crack it into squad fulltime. But I remember him as a second rower why is that. What a side that 85 side was wish we had the same guts and determination now.
Funnel came through our system and debuted as a secondrower. I remember him as a backrower, but Marsters did play him fullback in numerous games. He has a very long kick on him. He was also a very good cricketer and had to make the choice between cricket and League and chose league.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Funnel came through our system and debuted as a secondrower. I remember him as a backrower, but Marsters did play him fullback in numerous games. He has a very long kick on him. He was also a very good cricketer and had to make the choice between cricket and League and chose league.
Yes thanks for that remember him another good one that departed.

Funnell had a first grade debut equivalent to that of Rod Reddy in the 70's. He was a talent but was used by Roy as a fullback in 87 the year I think Roy got bored lol eg for a number of games kicking field goals to open the scoring etc

He would have been a good second rower but form fell away. Lived overseas thankfully for the period 88-92 so missed the trainwreck years - making up for it now lol

Frank Facer

First Grade
Funnell had a first grade debut equivalent to that of Rod Reddy in the 70's. He was a talent but was used by Roy as a fullback in 87 the year I think Roy got bored lol eg for a number of games kicking field goals to open the scoring etc

He would have been a good second rower but form fell away. Lived overseas thankfully for the period 88-92 so missed the trainwreck years - making up for it now lol
When we used to kick a field goal to open the scoring. Us fans who used to sing the songs and do the chants, would sing
One nil, one nil
One nil, one nil

One nil, one nil
One nil, one nil

One nil, one nil
One nil, one nil

One nil.

We would then start singing

Liverpool, Liverpool, Liverpool

Liverpool Liverpool, Liverpool,

Liver pool, Liverr Pooool.

Lucky my mate and myself were both Liverpool fans.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
When we used to kick a field goal to open the scoring. Us fans who used to sing the songs and do the chants, would sing
One nil, one nil
One nil, one nil

One nil, one nil
One nil, one nil

One nil, one nil
One nil, one nil

One nil.

We would then start singing

Liverpool Liverpool, Liverpool,

Liver pool, Liverr Pooool.

Lucky my mate and myself were both Liverpool fans.

You Kopster, you!:grin:
( from a QPR fan, Liverpool second favourite team)

BLM01

First Grade
When you smashed a window it counted, six of the best from my old man
Yep.... back of the house was touch in goal. We had a long backyard and a detached fibro garage which was part of the sideline...what about the holes in the garage wall and broken pieces of asbestos coming off the bottom and edges of the rear of the house. My backyard should of been quarantined...
ahhh the 70's...what we didnt know then.. and probably when field goals were only 1 point..which is all I remember