What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Travitoh

First Grade
Grant Sam a release to Dewsbury or Bradford where he can sign a one day contract and then he can retire.
Problem solved.

Travitoh

First Grade
to be fair to Richo though it’s hard. Sam was the best forward in a game for a couple of years in a row. Hard to predict injuries, especially loss of 55% of movement!!

I understand that but a 5 year deal that will run to 34 years of age is poor cap management imo, even without the injury. The value is fine for a 2 or 3 year deal but 5 is bad. These are the kind of cap decisions that have been made since 2014 that have held the club back.
I get a sense that Richo is unable to keep sentiment out of negotiations.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I understand that but a 5 year deal that will run to 34 years of age is poor cap management imo, even without the injury. The value is fine for a 2 or 3 year deal but 5 is bad. These are the kind of cap decisions that have been made since 2014 that have held the club back.
I get a sense that Richo is unable to keep sentiment out of negotiations.

You’re probably right and it’s probably why the roosters have superior cap management. Only player that should probably be on a 5 year deal is Murray.

He wasn't the same after he went to rugby.

Agreed. I think rugby put a big dent in his confidence.

callmack1

Staff member
Sam and Phoebe Burgess split after attempting to resurrect marriage: https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...e/news-story/673a86ca4acffb6c16ab849eca63b164

Very sad to see. No doubt Sam is doing it tough at the moment and as Souths fans, we need to rally around him. We need to rally around him and support our captain because I'm sure I speak for a lot of fans when I say I hate to see what he's going through at the moment. So let's get behind him and back our captain in his time of need!

I also think it's important to respect his privacy and I hope this is the last the media say about it. What goes on behind closed doors with his relationship is none of our business.

We love you Sam.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sam and Phoebe Burgess split after attempting to resurrect marriage: https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...e/news-story/673a86ca4acffb6c16ab849eca63b164

Very sad to see. No doubt Sam is doing it tough at the moment and as Souths fans, we need to rally around him. We need to rally around him and support our captain because I'm sure I speak for a lot of fans when I say I hate to see what he's going through at the moment. So let's get behind him and back our captain in his time of need!

I also think it's important to respect his privacy and I hope this is the last the media say about it. What goes on behind closed doors with his relationship is none of our business.

We love you Sam.

the media have been ripping into him. I think Weidler released an article about him not feeling the love at Souths.

handyman2190

Bench
the media have been ripping into him. I think Weidler released an article about him not feeling the love at Souths.

He wants to go to the US to get stem cell injections and the club prefer he stay here and have an op, he isnt happy about it, also bennets been on to him about dicipline.
Either way i dont think we will see sam much next year,if at all.

BradS

Juniors
Let’s face some harsh realities here

1 Sam is getting angrier and is spending more time off the field than on

2 playing busted with a shoulder with little movement means he either plays differently or in 6 months is another GI story

3 He obviously has personal issues and will be niggled all season and baited (refer to point 1 above)

I love Sam and the way he plays but a team can’t carry that type of player just to be inspired. As he declines so does team morale

Time for C Murray to become captain. He is not only level headed, a gun player but also motivates and inspires

Only my opinion but we have the most exciting crop of young guns coming through so there is a lot to be excited about

Travitoh

First Grade
He wants to go to the US to get stem cell injections and the club prefer he stay here and have an op, he isnt happy about it, also bennets been on to him about dicipline.
Either way i dont think we will see sam much next year,if at all.

Bennett should be onto him about his discipline and if Sam can't cop that criticism from his coach then his leadership needs to come into question as it's a selfish attitude to have.

I personally hope we do see him in the side as without him I don’t really rate us as premiership chances.

Any club missing $1m worth of talent would struggle to challenge for a premiership.
As an individual though i do feel he is replaceable. Especially if the club has $1m+ to spend.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Bennett should be onto him about his discipline and if Sam can't cop that criticism from his coach then his leadership needs to come into question as it's a selfish attitude to have.

Any club missing $1m worth of talent would struggle to challenge for a premiership.
As an individual though i do feel he is replaceable. Especially if the club has $1m+ to spend.

This is actually less about playing ability for me and more what it would do to the morale of the players. Without Sam we would lose a lot of experience and we have already lost a lot with Sutton and George Burgess leaving on top of GI for this year. I remember reading somewhere a link between premiership chances and experience in the playing roster. Generally the more experienced teams are the ones that take out the premiership.

The second issue I find is what it would do to the morale of the team losing Sam. He seems to have a pretty good relationship with most of the younger players and even acted as a mentor for Knight and Crichton when he was still here.

Souths fans are very good at throwing shade at underperforming players but I think we might regret it if we release Sam now. I still see value in him as a player with this squad and even though he does some dumb shit I think this is a time when we need to back Sam and hope he pulls through this tough time.

Travitoh

First Grade
This is actually less about playing ability for me and more what it would do to the morale of the players. Without Sam we would lose a lot of experience and we have already lost a lot with Sutton and George Burgess leaving on top of GI for this year. I remember reading somewhere a link between premiership chances and experience in the playing roster. Generally the more experienced teams are the ones that take out the premiership.

The second issue I find is what it would do to the morale of the team losing Sam. He seems to have a pretty good relationship with most of the younger players and even acted as a mentor for Knight and Crichton when he was still here.

Souths fans are very good at throwing shade at underperforming players but I think we might regret it if we release Sam now. I still see value in him as a player with this squad and even though he does some dumb shit I think this is a time when we need to back Sam and hope he pulls through this tough time.

I do agree. My comment was more about if Sam was to retire. I didn't mean to come across as saying get rid.

Last edited:

Latest posts