What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RIP NRL

carcharias

Immortal
Why would they care what anyone said after they see the 6 to go signal?

why wouldn’t they?
They should be listening to the refs calls no matter what.
You know like ...
Run at the bloke he calls offside
Radley got called offside in that play.
They could’ve got a penalty virtually in front of he got involved.
Always got to be aware.

Quicksilver

Bench
I can 100% say the raiders wouldn’t have scored even with 6 again.

Their attack was a horrible disorganised clusterf**k. Same as the week before.

Danish

Referee
I don't think it's been anyone's issue. If Cummins had called last tackle straight away there wouldn't have been a problem.

if he’d just said nothing, he’d have been fine too.

One team was going to get f**ked once he waved 6 again incorrectly. Either your team would lose 1 attacking chance, or gain 6 more unearned chances. I think the decision to correct it was probably the best outcome once. The incorrect call was made, but it was still a shithouse call and I hope it leads to some overhaul of the 2 ref system (perhaps removing so many f**king voices in the main refs head).

where I think most people are going way off the deep end is in declaring it the worst decision in history. Any incorrect decision that has directly led to points is worse than this decision.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I can 100% say the raiders wouldn’t have scored even with 6 again.

Their attack was a horrible disorganised clusterf**k. Same as the week before.

We might have kicked a field goal

and besides the roosters (best team of the NRL era) only scored one more try than we did. It was a tough game.

Either way i dont think any raiders fans are really arguing that we would have won the game. Just a little bemused at people playing down what was an absolute terrible bit of refereeing

Quicksilver

Bench
Ill give you the 1 point.

You still lose.

It was pretty inconsequential given the diabolical refereeing calls that often happen. Particularly in relation to try/ no try situations

carcharias

Immortal
I don't think it's been anyone's issue. If Cummins had called last tackle straight away there wouldn't have been a problem.

well
If Jack was tackled without the ref making multiple calls of last tackle I’d be more sympathetic but
IMO the wrong call was rectified and the Raiders probably had enough time to adjust.

the 6 again signal was wrong
The changing of the call was wrong

this come off the back of a bit of a hail Mary
Bomb.
So for about 3 seconds raiders thought they had 6 to go.

No way they could’ve set up for the next 6 in the time before the ref changed the call.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
if he’d just said nothing, he’d have been fine too.

One team was going to get f**ked once he waved 6 again incorrectly. Either your team would lose 1 attacking chance, or gain 6 more unearned chances. I think the decision to correct it was probably the best outcome once. The incorrect call was made, but it was still a shithouse call and I hope it leads to some overhaul of the 2 ref system (perhaps removing so many f**king voices in the main refs head).

where I think most people are going way off the deep end is in declaring it the worst decision in history. Any incorrect decision that has directly led to points is worse than this decision.

There is no way that changing a decision while the ball is alive is the best outcome. There is a reason why the rules dont allow it.

If he was going to bottle it he should have had the decency to admit his f**k up to the captains and stop the game for a minute. I am not trying to take anything from the roosters, i have a fair bit of respect for the team and the culture of the club. however, we aren't going to make another grand final until im like 60 and it would have been nice for the NRL to be like yeah you guys did cop a bit of a rough one there our bad.

no name

Coach
I didn’t realise “unprecedented” had a time limit
I didn’t realise miscounting to 6 is the same as doing the ‘6 to go’ signal and then changing back to 5 and last.

I thought you were referring to my previous post of saying it was the biggest clanger of the year.