What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastal

Juniors
We may have only signed one new player thus far, but I'm glad at least that we haven't offered crazy amounts to players to get them to sign with us.
I think we have already put this to rest in signing Cleary to a ridiculous contract. I feel a lot of what is happening on the recruitment front has a lot to do with it. Hook did a good job with the team in his short time here, regardless of the bad reports towards his supposed lack of people (player) relationships, he did his job and had the team in the finals. The Clearys' are now running this club.

Fangs

Coach
He shouldn't get anything if the story is true

Disagree. I'd find it very hard to believe that he was forced into that situation. He was trying to obliterate the guy. And even if it was for the right reasons its a shit look for the NRL. Fine and suspend even if he was trying to help someone out. He won't have a guilty conscience over it and the NRL protects its brand.

On signing him, absolutely we should if he gets the sack.

Crashtest

Juniors
I think we have already put this to rest in signing Cleary to a ridiculous contract. I feel a lot of what is happening on the recruitment front has a lot to do with it. Hook did a good job with the team in his short time here, regardless of the bad reports towards his supposed lack of people (player) relationships, he did his job and had the team in the finals. The Clearys' are now running this club.

Wasn't Nathan's upgraded contract done by Gould, before Ivan had signed with the Panthers?

If so, then if Nathan was signed to a ridiculous contract it is all on Gould, and not the fault of Nathan or Ivan.

franklin2323

Immortal
Wasn't Nathan's upgraded contract done by Gould, before Ivan had signed with the Panthers?

If so, then if Nathan was signed to a ridiculous contract it is all on Gould, and not the fault of Nathan or Ivan.

It is what Gus did well sign promising guys long term

Coastal

Juniors

I didn't suggest it wasn't. Gould needed to tie Nathan up. If he didn't Nathan could have gone to the Tigers to be coached by his dad, just like the plan was always going to be. Here or the Tigers, it was always going to happen. Gould needed a decent halfback at Penrith, because lets be honest, you don't win comps without one, and I don't think Penrith had too much coming through in the halfback position. That's where it all went belly up for gould though, he couldn't face the fact that to keep Nathan it meant bringing Ivan back, the Clearys' got what they wanted and Gould toddled off.

Crashtest

Juniors
If the Clearys (father and son) have an amazing 2020. Some of thie forum have going to be very busy with their delete buttons.

Hey I'm one of a few on here positive about next season, and I've mentioned before that I am looking forward to seeing how Nathan goes with it being his team to run. I also think Ivan can get the team to bounce back next season into the top 8.

I was just pointing out that if Nathan is on a ridiculous contract, it's on Gould and not on the Cleary's. But I misunderstood what Coastal was saying, and he clarified it above.

BxTom

Bench
Hey I'm one of a few on here positive about next season, and I've mentioned before that I am looking forward to seeing how Nathan goes with it being his team to run. I also think Ivan can get the team to bounce back next season into the top 8.

I was just pointing out that if Nathan is on a ridiculous contract, it's on Gould and not on the Cleary's. But I misunderstood what Coastal was saying, and he clarified it above.
It hasn't been Gould that has said the 5 year contracts are no good and been scrapping them. It's been Dave's mate. Why hasn't he applied the same criteria to his son - who has also been under performing on big money - as he has to RCG and DWZ?

Dave's mate

Juniors
It hasn't been Gould that has said the 5 year contracts are no good and been scrapping them. It's been Dave's mate. Why hasn't he applied the same criteria to his son - who has also been under performing on big money - as he has to RCG and DWZ?
Nathan is on rep half money because he is one. Its just how the market is

betcats

Referee

When did he say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts